Liar, Liar

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
new0b.jpg

Hillary Rodham Clinton's lies about risking her life under sniper fire during a visit to Bosnia as first lady have infuriated the US military brass and troops.
"She has no sense of what a statement like that does to soldiers," fumed retired Maj. Gen. Walter Stewart, the former head of the Pennsylvania National Guard.
"She is insulting the command in its entirety," he said yesterday.

-----------------------------------

Has Hillary Clinton's credibility been "shot to pieces" after it was discovered she lied about her trip to Bosnia?

cc0000.gif
96.7 % Yes, she doesn't stand a chance at the presidency.
cc0000.gif
3.3 % No, it's not a big deal; she will pull through.
-----------------------------------

Clinton came under fire after saying she "misspoke" about what happened during the trip and claimed it was the first time she erred in describing her visit - an assertion Barack Obama's campaign quickly disproved by finding at least three prior occasions over the last few months where she's claimed there was sniper fire.
Stewart, who was assigned to the Army's European headquarters at the time of Clinton's visit in 1996, called her statements "really astonishing."
"Believe me, heads would have rolled all over" if the military put the then-first lady at "unacceptable risk," added Stewart, who is supporting Barack Obama.
Air Force Lt. Gen. Buster Glosson, a John McCain supporter who ran the air attack in the first Gulf War, said, "It bothers me any time anyone running for the highest office in the land fabricates a story.
"That should bother any American, whether you're military or nonmilitary."
Another source, a former Army analyst who was stationed abroad when dignitaries visited, said, "You know, we have soldiers overseas now who are getting shot at by real bullets from real enemies who really want to kill them.
"Getting shot at by snipers is not something you forget - or make light of," he added.
"If getting shot at by sniper fire qualifies you to be president, then there are thousands of guys in the military right now who are way more qualified than Hillary Clinton to be our next president."
Clinton insisted yesterday she "misspoke" for the first time in a dozen years when describing the trip in a recent speech.
But Obama's camp immediately sent out three additional instances where Clinton made claims of dangers faced during her Bosnia visit that have been contradicted by videos of a tranquil arrival ceremony for her goodwill mission.
Clinton yesterday tried to backpedal.
"The military took great care of us," she told Pittsburgh's KDKA radio station.
"I have written about it in my book and talked about it on many other occasions and last week, you know, for the first time in 12 or so years, I misspoke."
Maj. Gen. William Nash, the commander of US troops in Bosnia, told The Washington Post he was unaware of any security threat to Clinton during her eight-hour stay in Tuzla.
During an Iraq speech last Monday, Clinton's version of the trip sounded more like a Sylvester Stallone thriller: "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead, we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."
In December, campaigning in Dubuque, Iowa, Clinton said, "We landed in one of those corkscrew landings and ran out because they said there might be sniper fire. I don't remember anybody offering me tea on the tarmac when that was happening."
Video taken by CBS News on the trip reveals a quaint greeting ceremony with a local schoolgirl who read a poem to Clinton, along with a group of other children.
"It goes without saying that they don't arrange a ceremony with little girls, with bouquets and poems and stuff, if there's a serious risk of taking sniper fire said, ex-Sgt. Peter Cachion, who served in Bosnia.
Comedian Sinbad, who was also on the trip, told The Washington Post his biggest worry was where he was going to get his next meal.

She said something about Chelsea being in the Twin Towers when the planes hit or something... it's like she has to get her personal life involved with every major event.

I am not a Hillary supporter, but frankly who cares?

Yes she exaggerated, but nobody actually died for it. I mean compared to the whoppers of the past 8 years this one doesn't even register on the BS-meter.

Still, would you trust a president who lied about her own life? All I could see if she did become president is major propaganda.

Still, would you trust a president who lied about her own life? All I could see if she did become president is major propaganda.

All politicians lie, do you think McCain is any different? In the early 1990s he was punished (a wrist slapping) for ethics violations involving some investment scandal, in which some of his colleagues went to jail for.

Obama lied (or at least didn't tell the entire truth) about his NAFTA discussions with Canada.

If we held everybody to the George Washington Cherry-tree standard Washington DC would be deserted city.

I remember that visit. About the only snipers within range of her were from the Secret Service and their rifles were all pointed into the camp! As far as the gunshots she heard on the nearby hills, well, I don't remember hearing any. If somebody HAD been firing while she was there, I'm sure every soldier in the area would have known.

In the news clip, you see Hilary standing in a sandbag guard tower. This is it from the other side:

All politicians lie, do you think McCain is any different? In the early 1990s he was punished (a wrist slapping) for ethics violations involving some investment scandal, in which some of his colleagues went to jail for.

Obama lied (or at least didn't tell the entire truth) about his NAFTA discussions with Canada.

If we held everybody to the George Washington Cherry-tree standard Washington DC would be deserted city.

Exactly, lying is a politicians life I am sure if there is a job description for the them it will have BSing as the primary requirement.

So what I suggest is that we make this hard and pose the question can anyone name an honest politician, in any party and in any country?

The part that bothers me is that this isn't just lying... it's almost like a mental disorder where someone HAS to find an emotional connection to each each major event.
I know politicians lie about stuff... but I really don't know of any other that go as far as to claim that their daughter was in the Twin Towers when the planes hit and then make up a story about being under the threat of snipers while in a pretty secure place.

Perhaps to claim that a country completely unreleated with a national emergency was collaborating with those behind the attacks? Like the Sunni president of Iraq and Shiite-run Al Qaeda?

Perhaps to claim that a country completely unreleated with a national emergency was collaborating with those behind the attacks? Like the Sunni president of Iraq and Shiite-run Al Qaeda?

Ya know what? Everybody gets you don't like Bush. They really do. He's a lame duck with a few months left. So give it a rest and quit dragging him into every discusson.

Ya know what? Everybody gets you don't like Bush. They really do. He's a lame duck with a few months left. So give it a rest and quit dragging him into every discusson.
-------------------------------------------------------

Bush might be leaving office but he isn't a lame duck. If you have been reading the Washington by-lines Bush is still making lots of moves on both the international and domestic scene. This recent bailout of Bear Sterns for example was done directly on his authority in order to bail all all his Billionaire friends who lost their shirt by over-speculating the real-estate market.

Why do people get obsessed with whatever the Clintons do (its very unlikely Hillary is going to win the nomination anyway) but stay totally mute about all the crap that has happened and is still happening? People might not like the Democrats, Liberals, or the Clintons. But Bill Clinton was a 100x better President than Bush; and yet all the right does is fixate on the Clintons.

What Hillary said was STUPID, and it hurt her no argument there. I haven't found anybody who said differently. But as I said, there was no collateral damage, why are people feigning anger about this when the 80t Bush elephant is standing in the room. And they know it too, they just cant admit publicly (or to themselves), thats way all this psydo-outrage is so pathetic.

Last edited:
Back