Liar, Liar




 
--
Liar, Liar
 
March 26th, 2008  
Team Infidel
 
 

Topic: Liar, Liar


Liar, Liar




Hillary Rodham Clinton's lies about risking her life under sniper fire during a visit to Bosnia as first lady have infuriated the US military brass and troops.
"She has no sense of what a statement like that does to soldiers," fumed retired Maj. Gen. Walter Stewart, the former head of the Pennsylvania National Guard.
"She is insulting the command in its entirety," he said yesterday.

-----------------------------------

Has Hillary Clinton's credibility been "shot to pieces" after it was discovered she lied about her trip to Bosnia?

96.7 % Yes, she doesn't stand a chance at the presidency. 3.3 % No, it's not a big deal; she will pull through.
-----------------------------------

Clinton came under fire after saying she "misspoke" about what happened during the trip and claimed it was the first time she erred in describing her visit - an assertion Barack Obama's campaign quickly disproved by finding at least three prior occasions over the last few months where she's claimed there was sniper fire.
Stewart, who was assigned to the Army's European headquarters at the time of Clinton's visit in 1996, called her statements "really astonishing."
"Believe me, heads would have rolled all over" if the military put the then-first lady at "unacceptable risk," added Stewart, who is supporting Barack Obama.
Air Force Lt. Gen. Buster Glosson, a John McCain supporter who ran the air attack in the first Gulf War, said, "It bothers me any time anyone running for the highest office in the land fabricates a story.
"That should bother any American, whether you're military or nonmilitary."
Another source, a former Army analyst who was stationed abroad when dignitaries visited, said, "You know, we have soldiers overseas now who are getting shot at by real bullets from real enemies who really want to kill them.
"Getting shot at by snipers is not something you forget - or make light of," he added.
"If getting shot at by sniper fire qualifies you to be president, then there are thousands of guys in the military right now who are way more qualified than Hillary Clinton to be our next president."
Clinton insisted yesterday she "misspoke" for the first time in a dozen years when describing the trip in a recent speech.
But Obama's camp immediately sent out three additional instances where Clinton made claims of dangers faced during her Bosnia visit that have been contradicted by videos of a tranquil arrival ceremony for her goodwill mission.
Clinton yesterday tried to backpedal.
"The military took great care of us," she told Pittsburgh's KDKA radio station.
"I have written about it in my book and talked about it on many other occasions and last week, you know, for the first time in 12 or so years, I misspoke."
Maj. Gen. William Nash, the commander of US troops in Bosnia, told The Washington Post he was unaware of any security threat to Clinton during her eight-hour stay in Tuzla.
During an Iraq speech last Monday, Clinton's version of the trip sounded more like a Sylvester Stallone thriller: "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead, we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."
In December, campaigning in Dubuque, Iowa, Clinton said, "We landed in one of those corkscrew landings and ran out because they said there might be sniper fire. I don't remember anybody offering me tea on the tarmac when that was happening."
Video taken by CBS News on the trip reveals a quaint greeting ceremony with a local schoolgirl who read a poem to Clinton, along with a group of other children.
"It goes without saying that they don't arrange a ceremony with little girls, with bouquets and poems and stuff, if there's a serious risk of taking sniper fire said, ex-Sgt. Peter Cachion, who served in Bosnia.
Comedian Sinbad, who was also on the trip, told The Washington Post his biggest worry was where he was going to get his next meal.
March 26th, 2008  
A Can of Man
 
 
She said something about Chelsea being in the Twin Towers when the planes hit or something... it's like she has to get her personal life involved with every major event.
March 26th, 2008  
Team Infidel
 
 
it's almost like she is bi-polar
--
Liar, Liar
March 26th, 2008  
mmarsh
 
 
I am not a Hillary supporter, but frankly who cares?

Yes she exaggerated, but nobody actually died for it. I mean compared to the whoppers of the past 8 years this one doesn't even register on the BS-meter.
March 26th, 2008  
justin1552
 
 
Still, would you trust a president who lied about her own life? All I could see if she did become president is major propaganda.
March 26th, 2008  
mmarsh
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin1552
Still, would you trust a president who lied about her own life? All I could see if she did become president is major propaganda.
All politicians lie, do you think McCain is any different? In the early 1990s he was punished (a wrist slapping) for ethics violations involving some investment scandal, in which some of his colleagues went to jail for.

Obama lied (or at least didn't tell the entire truth) about his NAFTA discussions with Canada.

If we held everybody to the George Washington Cherry-tree standard Washington DC would be deserted city.
March 26th, 2008  
justin1552
 
 
It would be nice, though....
March 26th, 2008  
weed
 
 
I remember that visit. About the only snipers within range of her were from the Secret Service and their rifles were all pointed into the camp! As far as the gunshots she heard on the nearby hills, well, I don't remember hearing any. If somebody HAD been firing while she was there, I'm sure every soldier in the area would have known.

In the news clip, you see Hilary standing in a sandbag guard tower. This is it from the other side:


March 26th, 2008  
pixiedustboo
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin1552
It would be nice, though....
+1

What exactly happened to those standers anyhow, and why are we looking at being lied upon as the norm?

March 26th, 2008  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
All politicians lie, do you think McCain is any different? In the early 1990s he was punished (a wrist slapping) for ethics violations involving some investment scandal, in which some of his colleagues went to jail for.

Obama lied (or at least didn't tell the entire truth) about his NAFTA discussions with Canada.

If we held everybody to the George Washington Cherry-tree standard Washington DC would be deserted city.

Exactly, lying is a politicians life I am sure if there is a job description for the them it will have BSing as the primary requirement.

So what I suggest is that we make this hard and pose the question can anyone name an honest politician, in any party and in any country?
 


Similar Topics
Do u REALLY think u are smart?????? lol, liar
Poll Numbers - Bush hits all-time low
Al-Zawahri: Bush a liar in war on terror (AP)