letters from Iwo Jima

--

December 22nd, 2006  
JulesLee

Topic: letters from Iwo Jima

releases dec 20 (limited)

Directed by : Clint Eastwood
Starring: Ken Watanabe, Kazunari Ninomiya, Tsuyoshi Ihara, Ryo Kase, Shido Nakamura

Academy Award nominee Ken Watanabe (“The Last Samurai,” “Memoirs of a Geisha,” “Batman Begins”) stars as General Tadamichi Kuribayashi, the American-educated general who courageously led the Japanese resistance to the massive American onslaught of the island of Iwo Jima.

Basically "Flags of our Fathers" in the Japanese's Perspective
December 22nd, 2006  
Fox

GREAT!!! Can't wait to see it!
December 22nd, 2006  
bulldogg

Good movie, watched it last night.
--
December 22nd, 2006  
JulesLee

i wanna watch this too but nearest movie station that airs this is real far

so i guess its this vs departed for the oscar win i heard
December 31st, 2006  
Duty Honor Country

I have heard it was released in Japan and got great reviews. I remember on review for flags of our fathers complained that you really did not see the Japanese soldiers in the movie. I wanted to slap that loser since he knows movies so well I guess he forgot that there was a second movie dedicated to the Japaneses side of the battle.
December 31st, 2006  
The Cooler King

It's only in NY and LA right now. I heard it's going wide on 12 Jan. How wide I don't know. I still didn't see Flags. According to Amazon, the Flags of our Fathers DVD is comming out February 6.
January 1st, 2007  
Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cooler King
It's only in NY and LA right now. I heard it's going wide on 12 Jan. How wide I don't know. I still didn't see Flags. According to Amazon, the Flags of our Fathers DVD is comming out February 6.
Netflix also has a Release date of February 6th, for Flags of our Fathers, I've got it saved already.

I'll also wait untill Netflix has Letters from Iwo Jima to see it.

IMDb already has a review
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0498380/

10 out of 10 Stars from someone from Brazil
February 6th, 2007  
Wheezcellbert

Would you guys that saw Letters of Iwo Jima recommend it? I just joined the Corps and my father is a Former Marine so I want to go with him but I don't want to go if it's just a bad movie.
February 6th, 2007  
Fox

Saw it, last night. It was good.

Well, Letters from Iwo Jima is pretty interesting movie but lot of war violence, tho. So, I don't think it's bad movie, to my opinion.
February 7th, 2007  
bulldogg

Its a good flick Wheez and for a Hollywood film pretty historically accurate by most accounts.

I couldn't call it enjoyable because I don't find body parts flying about something I "enjoy" but it was very engrossing and moving.