PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
Indians are Siberian-Americans.
Not in my post.
May 27th, 2006  
mmarsh

PJ

Again thats subject to interpetation. I have got this tee-shirt somebody gave me as a joke, its a picture of Gerimino and his warriors in full wargear the caption is DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY: Protecting the heartland since 1492. I am sure there are people who view you and I as squatters, and to them it doesnt really matter if your 'native' or not, since the very first white settlement was illegal anyway. Like I said all this is a very weak arguement. We should ignore who was their first, and try and fix the present day problem.
May 27th, 2006  
PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
PJ

Again thats subject to interpetation. I have got this tee-shirt somebody gave me as a joke, its a picture of Gerimino and his warriors in full wargear the caption is DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY: Protecting the heartland since 1492. I am sure there are people who view you and I as squatters, and to them it doesnt really matter if your 'native' or not, since the very first white settlement was illegal anyway. Like I said all this is a very weak arguement. We should ignore who was their first, and try and fix the present day problem.
Nothing about interpretation, I was born on US soil, therefore, I am a "native American." I didn't come from somewhere else, if you were born in US soil, you didn't either.

Also, given that the United States didn't exist in 1492, again, weak argument.
--
Boots
May 28th, 2006  
Young Winston

Does anyone have an idea on the cost of building one big massive secure fence, with enough guards posted along its full length, 24 hours a day for everyday of the year?

What's the cost of Mexican illegal immigrants to the US economy at the moment?

Just interested in the economics of the problem.

May 28th, 2006  
mmarsh

Winston

I heard the cost of building the fence was about $700 Million, from end to end. Excluding maintenance, and support costs
May 29th, 2006  
Young Winston

Quote:
Winston

I heard the cost of building the fence was about $700 Million, from end to end. Excluding maintenance, and support costs
Thanks marshy.
May 30th, 2006  
deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ24
Nothing about interpretation, I was born on US soil, therefore, I am a "native American." I didn't come from somewhere else, if you were born in US soil, you didn't either.

Also, given that the United States didn't exist in 1492, again, weak argument.
yeah, but the shirt's still pretty funny. I almost bought one in Alaska.

Anyway, the letter makes some very good points on the myths concerning illegal immigrants. What about the 2 million dollars worth of marijuana that was intercepted when a bunch of Mexicans tried to tunnel their way across the border? Illegal immigration is just that, illegal. What are some of these illegals doing? That's right, engaging in illegal activities like drug dealing. But what happens wheen we imprison them?

A: when legislation like this is introduced, all hell breaks loose at penetentiary facilities (Marielitos, anyone? i.e. Atlanta, Oakdale riots of 1995).

Where illegal immigration is concerned, we see (in the case of smuggling and the eventual violent and nonviolent crimes stemming from a select group of people having entered illegally forms a vicious cycle. Best way to cure it? Exactly what we're doing now- beef up border security and send illegals back to their homeland.

Last thing we need is a political overhaul because of ineffective legislation or legislation that makes the populace go insane. Unfortunately, that's what we're headed for.
June 1st, 2006  
behemoth79

Quote:
Winston

how much does a tower every 500 yards with 2 snipers in each cost?
June 1st, 2006  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth79
how much does a tower every 500 yards with 2 snipers in each cost?
Depends...
About 20 years to life or the gas chamber depending on the situation.
June 2nd, 2006  
bulldogg

CYZPDQ... Your agenda is showing.