A Letter To The Europeans.

The notion that you are trying to say that someone paid some poor person for their college education so that they can throw it all away at the end so they can kill themselves is beyond idiotic. You are going to spend all that money so he can get a deegree and not use it, but blow himself up?

It is like our Commando's; they are the brightest, physically fit, determined and capable. They get their training and education to be sent in to do the job. These are carefully selected to fit the job. Where do you reckon they come from?
The willingness to blow yourself up is not evaporated with an education. I heeded the point on poverty and religious terrorism. But if you look who do the majority of the fighting you won't find many rich folks. Never have, never will be. (And if you need a historical background on this, I'll get you one. It will take some time, but anything to make you alter your opinion!)

Ted said:
It is like our Commando's; they are the brightest, physically fit, determined and capable. They get their training and education to be sent in to do the job. These are carefully selected to fit the job. Where do you reckon they come from?
The willingness to blow yourself up is not evaporated with an education. I heeded the point on poverty and religious terrorism. But if you look who do the majority of the fighting you won't find many rich folks. Never have, never will be. (And if you need a historical background on this, I'll get you one. It will take some time, but anything to make you alter your opinion!)

As far as the majority of fighting not done by rich folks, that has been true since the beginning of civilization, what does this have to do with the disscusion of what motivates terrorist?

And I hope you are not suggesting some evil terrorist mastermind actualy paid for the terrorist college education?

The willingness to blow yourself up is not evaporated with an education, is precisely the point I am trying to make. Just becuase you give someone an opportunity means he won't do terrorism. That is why stopping poverty won't stop terrorism.

As far as commandos go its true they are the best and brightest, but most of their training is specific to military task. You don't get a archtectural degree to become a commando. You don't need a college degree to fly a plane into a building. One of the main things sets commandos apart is their motivation. The terrorist are probably equally as motivated so why would some evil mastermind waste the money to send them to college when directly for their task like the commandos are? The notion that you are suggesting that some master terrorist leader paid for their colleges is absurd. Their families are the ones who paid for their college. So before or during college thats when they developed this radicalist mentality.

The willingness to blow yourself up is not evaporated with an education, is precisely the point I am trying to make. Just becuase you give someone an opportunity means he won't do terrorism. That is why stopping poverty won't stop terrorism.

As I said before; I claim there are more than one type of terrorism. You have your classic terrorism done by the ETA, IRA, Rote Armee, Sendero Luminoso, etc. This is not linked to religion and is motivated by the division of riches.
The newer variant of religious terrorism (the one I think you are pointing at) is indeed not motivated by poverty. The whole discussion about education of these terrorist isn't some poverty-speech, and the solution isn't found in the distribution of wealth!

As far as the majority of fighting not done by rich folks, that has been true since the beginning of civilization,

This is all that I'm trying to say!

Back