Letter from a Christain Fundamentalist, Check this out

Status
Not open for further replies.

echo

This was an actual letter sent out by St. Mary's Catholic Church.

If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!

Listed below are some warning signs to indicate if your
child may have gone astray from the Lord.

Gothic (or goth) is a very obscure and often dangerous
culture that young teenagers are prone to participating in. The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil,darkness, and violence. Please seek immediate attention through counselling, prayer,
and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child:

-Frequently wears black clothing.

-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.

-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.

-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include:
reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various
other Satanic worshipping symbols.

-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.

-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of
music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks
against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)

-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.

-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church o! r sports.

-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.

-Takes drugs.

-Drinks alcohol.

-Is suicidal and/or depressed.

-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)

-Complains of boredom.

-Sleeps too excessively or too little.

-Is excessively awake during the night.

-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light.

-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.

-Spends large amounts of time alone.

-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your chid may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)

-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.

-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.

-Misbehaves at school.

-Misbehaves at home.

-Eats excessively or too little.

-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.

-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)

-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)

-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.

-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.

-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.

-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.
-Expresses an interest in sex.
-Masturbates
-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.

-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.

-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".

-Claims to be a goth

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.
~St. Mary's Catholic Church

I just find it funny, roll my eyes. It doesn't make me angry in the least. Perhaps a bit sorry for the youth who might feel these "rules" put into action.

But whatever, i've seen crazy rules in both religious and none-religious families

Chill out guys, the letter is right. Although some information is quite ridiculous, (eating goth food, Hinduis & Buddism, drinks blood) but dont complain about Catholics becuase thats the first time Ive ever heard anything like that. I know nice goths too, but the ones that have gone totally anti social, anti God are few and far between. Its not just Catholics who are against Satan, most all religions do.

Dont hate, focus fate. (that rhymed) :cowb:

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately.

Hey, doens't that mean that probably more than 50% of the western population are chicken-sacrifying, baby-eating, satan-worshipping maniacs??? I'm kinda scared.... ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont know what stereotype youre talkin about Bootboy, its more like 1% of the western population. Goths are all potheads, and rejects.

Maybe 10 goths in my whole school. :cowb:

ACTaFOOL82 said:
Goths are all potheads, and rejects.

WOW
That is the BIGGEST load of bull I have ever heard come out of someones mouth you judgmental bas***d!!!!

Hell, I guess all people who go to raves are just f**king druggies!
And all people who listen to heavy metal must be sexual hungry killers!

Lets just judge everyone why the hell not huh!

Common people, lets judge people by TV sterotypes!

You need to grow up and think before you speak ACTaFOOL82. I dont want to hear that from you! I know lots of kids and people who could be considered "Gothic". And a lot of them are against pot and drugs!

PS: Sorry mods, that just made me pretty damn mad.

I think Goths are generally pretty harmless. They usually just keep the harm to themselves, sit by themselves out of the way.

Dont cry ntt :? . All the hardcore goths at my school are potheads. Im not talking about kids that wear black and listen to rock. You know what I mean when I say goth. Since they're potheads that in turn makes them rejects. At least I think potheads are rejects.

If I offended you or any gothic friends of yours sorry dude. The morale of the story is dont do drugs. :cowb:

i'm looking at that list and i can think of a few people who have five or more of those qualities and aren't "goth" at least in their sense. hell, those guys played on the football team or baseball team. i kind of think the list is funny. if i found out my parents were looking at this kind of crap i'd do things on that list to intentionally piss them off.

sit back people, roll a joint, have a beer, relax...things are getting just a little too tense and up tight. :rock:

ntt, do not let us see a repeat performance of the above, I do not care how "pretty damn mad" you are, control yourself or find another place to spend your time.

This thread is locked and I would suggest that several of you read the forum rules again and adjust fire immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back