Letter To Bush

--
Letter To Bush

May 9th, 2006  
Missileer

Topic: Letter To Bush

Letter To Bush
Here's a prime example of an enemy picking up on those who would ignore their threat to the modern world. These guys read newspapers too.
I think this is the point where Nero started tuning his fiddle.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...tm&floc=NW_1-T

Iran Letter to Bush Criticizes
U.S. Govt
NEW YORK (AP) - Iran's president declared
in a letter to President Bush that democracy
had failed worldwide and lamented ``an
ever-increasing global hatred'' of the U.S.
government. Secretary of State Condoleezza
Rice swiftly rejected the letter, saying it
didn't resolve questions about Tehran's
suspect nuclear program.

In the letter, Ahmadinejad says that people around the world have lost faith in international institutions and questions whether the Bush administration has covered up some evidence surrounding the Sept. 11 attacks. Liberalism and Western-style democracy ``have not been able to help realize the ideals of humanity,'' said the letter, obtained late Monday by The Associated ress. ``Today these two concepts have failed. Those with insight can already hear the
sounds of the shattering and fall of the ideology and thoughts of the Liberal democratic systems,'' it read. Ahmadinejad also suggests that Bush should look inward, saying there was an increasing hatred worldwide of the United States, and that history shows how
``repressive and cruel governments do not survive.''
May 9th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
History shows how "repressive and cruel governments do not survive.''
Then good luck to you Mr Ahmadinejad .
We have a saying here: "The bull points at the donkey's horns".
May 9th, 2006  
ASTRALdragon

I wonder what he wanted this letter to accomplish.... From the looks of it, it looks more like a Myspace rant.
--
Letter To Bush
May 9th, 2006  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRALdragon
I wonder what he wanted this letter to accomplish.... From the looks of it, it looks more like a Myspace rant.
I suspect it was meant to confirm what everyone else knows, he's a moron.
May 10th, 2006  
phoenix80

This is absolutely funny and silly, if you will and the clerical regime is getting desperate, I believe.

What I can say, is that regime may be trying to buy some time to get the A-bomb and surprise every one. And that the regime wants to make the world believe that they are after negotiations, not with EU, but with the US. And it also may influence the UNSC members

Oh by the way, I hope the Swiss embassy staff (Switzerland is in charge of diplomatic affairs between Iran & the US after 1979 revolution) scan the letter and just send an image of that since 'Iammadinjihads' Hygiene is not good and Pres. Bush may get sick too.

This is also a good read, although I have deep disagreements with the person writing the letter.

http://www.iranian.com/Milaninia/2006/May/Letter/index.html
May 10th, 2006  
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRALdragon
I reckon that he is trying to buy some time! If he turns on the charm and let everybody see that he's willing to "talk". This will give him credit in some countries that are now in doubt about his motives and programmes.
May 10th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Here is the complete text of the letter.
May 10th, 2006  
Marinerhodes

After reading the first two pages I stopped. This person claims in the first page that
Quote:
Jesus Christ (PBUH) is the messernger of peace and forgiveness
. . seems to me if they really believe this that they would be more willing to pursue diplomatic avenues than to tell everyone to "get bent" in so many words.
May 10th, 2006  
mmarsh

Jesus Christ (PBUH) is the messernger of peace and forgiveness

If Mr Ahmedinejab really believed this he woundnt be threatening to wipe Isreal off the map.
May 10th, 2006  
CABAL

This is not about freedom, democracy, or any other topic being shouted out by horrendous neo-liberal Bullsh*t that completely destroys true liberalism.

All this discussion about Iran is really about the NPT regime. If India and Pakistan maintains its nuclear arsenal, neigbhoring Iran will follow suit. Obviously it appears that Iran is not pursuing peaceful means of Nuclear Technology. Because of perceived threats from US military bases being established near its borders, hostilities are quickly created. As being among the list of the so-called "Rogue Nations", Iran have been called upon for regime change...forcefully if necesssary. In response to Bush's statement, both N. Korea and Iran have no other choice but to resort to Nuclear Weapons as a deterrent and a defense against possible invasion, thus rendering its conventional forces insignificant in order to obtain cheap and robust form of military defense.

If Iran is able to produce weapons grade Uranium, Iran will have to maintain a small arsenal in order not to spark a Nuclear Arms race in the region with China, Pakistan, India, or Israel. The Iranian Government is really HUMILIATING Western Powers, telling them that no regime or treaty cropped up by Nuclear Powers will subjacate from Iran obtaining Nuclear Weapons. The same would apply to India's Nuclear Program.

Iran is not a terrorist organization. It is a state that is concerned with one goal; Survival. Like any other state or regime, Iran is unwilling to spurr military retaliation from major powers in the region. If Iran is to be attacked, Iran will retaliate relentlessly. If the US military establish another base near its border, Iran will build up its military and drive its Nuclear Weapons program in full throttle.

For those who advocate diplomatic means of handling this issue, I'm afraid that there is nothing else the so-called "International Community" can do. However it can respond by re-newing the NPT and propose for Universal Nuclear Dis-armament among Nuclear Powers and soon to be Nuclear powers.

For those who advocate military action, the US military and a pro-war coalition combined is currently incapable and inadequate to launch a full invasion of Iran. An air strike may be the only option, if military action is approved, however will be very dangerous and risky because of immediate retaliation against Israel and possibly terrorist groups loyal to Iran conduct terrorist activities within the US.