Letter To Bush

Missileer

Here's a prime example of an enemy picking up on those who would ignore their threat to the modern world. These guys read newspapers too.
I think this is the point where Nero started tuning his fiddle.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001/20060509/0636469013.htm&floc=NW_1-T

Iran Letter to Bush Criticizes
U.S. Govt
NEW YORK (AP) - Iran's president declared
in a letter to President Bush that democracy
had failed worldwide and lamented ``an
ever-increasing global hatred'' of the U.S.
government. Secretary of State Condoleezza
Rice swiftly rejected the letter, saying it
didn't resolve questions about Tehran's
suspect nuclear program.

In the letter, Ahmadinejad says that people around the world have lost faith in international institutions and questions whether the Bush administration has covered up some evidence surrounding the Sept. 11 attacks. Liberalism and Western-style democracy ``have not been able to help realize the ideals of humanity,'' said the letter, obtained late Monday by The Associated ress. ``Today these two concepts have failed. Those with insight can already hear the
sounds of the shattering and fall of the ideology and thoughts of the Liberal democratic systems,'' it read. Ahmadinejad also suggests that Bush should look inward, saying there was an increasing hatred worldwide of the United States, and that history shows how
``repressive and cruel governments do not survive.''

Missileer said:
History shows how "repressive and cruel governments do not survive.''
Then good luck to you Mr Ahmadinejad :brave:.
We have a saying here: "The bull points at the donkey's horns".

Last edited:
I wonder what he wanted this letter to accomplish.... From the looks of it, it looks more like a Myspace rant.

ASTRALdragon said:
I wonder what he wanted this letter to accomplish.... From the looks of it, it looks more like a Myspace rant.

I suspect it was meant to confirm what everyone else knows, he's a moron.

This is absolutely funny and silly, if you will and the clerical regime is getting desperate, I believe.

What I can say, is that regime may be trying to buy some time to get the A-bomb and surprise every one. And that the regime wants to make the world believe that they are after negotiations, not with EU, but with the US. And it also may influence the UNSC members

Oh by the way, I hope the Swiss embassy staff (Switzerland is in charge of diplomatic affairs between Iran & the US after 1979 revolution) scan the letter and just send an image of that since 'Iammadinjihads' Hygiene is not good and Pres. Bush may get sick too.

This is also a good read, although I have deep disagreements with the person writing the letter.

http://www.iranian.com/Milaninia/2006/May/Letter/index.html

ASTRALdragon said:

I reckon that he is trying to buy some time! If he turns on the charm and let everybody see that he's willing to "talk". This will give him credit in some countries that are now in doubt about his motives and programmes.

After reading the first two pages I stopped. This person claims in the first page that
Jesus Christ (PBUH) is the messernger of peace and forgiveness
. . seems to me if they really believe this that they would be more willing to pursue diplomatic avenues than to tell everyone to "get bent" in so many words.

Jesus Christ (PBUH) is the messernger of peace and forgiveness

If Mr Ahmedinejab really believed this he woundnt be threatening to wipe Isreal off the map.

This is not about freedom, democracy, or any other topic being shouted out by horrendous neo-liberal Bullsh*t that completely destroys true liberalism.

All this discussion about Iran is really about the NPT regime. If India and Pakistan maintains its nuclear arsenal, neigbhoring Iran will follow suit. Obviously it appears that Iran is not pursuing peaceful means of Nuclear Technology. Because of perceived threats from US military bases being established near its borders, hostilities are quickly created. As being among the list of the so-called "Rogue Nations", Iran have been called upon for regime change...forcefully if necesssary. In response to Bush's statement, both N. Korea and Iran have no other choice but to resort to Nuclear Weapons as a deterrent and a defense against possible invasion, thus rendering its conventional forces insignificant in order to obtain cheap and robust form of military defense.

If Iran is able to produce weapons grade Uranium, Iran will have to maintain a small arsenal in order not to spark a Nuclear Arms race in the region with China, Pakistan, India, or Israel. The Iranian Government is really HUMILIATING Western Powers, telling them that no regime or treaty cropped up by Nuclear Powers will subjacate from Iran obtaining Nuclear Weapons. The same would apply to India's Nuclear Program.

Iran is not a terrorist organization. It is a state that is concerned with one goal; Survival. Like any other state or regime, Iran is unwilling to spurr military retaliation from major powers in the region. If Iran is to be attacked, Iran will retaliate relentlessly. If the US military establish another base near its border, Iran will build up its military and drive its Nuclear Weapons program in full throttle.

For those who advocate diplomatic means of handling this issue, I'm afraid that there is nothing else the so-called "International Community" can do. However it can respond by re-newing the NPT and propose for Universal Nuclear Dis-armament among Nuclear Powers and soon to be Nuclear powers.

For those who advocate military action, the US military and a pro-war coalition combined is currently incapable and inadequate to launch a full invasion of Iran. An air strike may be the only option, if military action is approved, however will be very dangerous and risky because of immediate retaliation against Israel and possibly terrorist groups loyal to Iran conduct terrorist activities within the US.

Last edited:
Quote:
"Iran is not a terrorist organization. It is a state that is concerned with one goal; Survival. Like any other state or regime, Iran is unwilling to spurr military retaliation from major powers in the region. If Iran is to be attacked, Iran will retaliate relentlessly. If the US military establish another base near its border, Iran will build up its military and drive its Nuclear Weapons program in full throttle."

This is a terrorist organization who, without provocation, threatened to "wipe Israel off the map."

Yeah, these guys are real sweethearts who wouldn't bother a fly. I know I'd feel warm and fuzzy about their obtaining several hundred nukes-NOT!

tomtom22 said:
Iranian Idiots
No , there not idiots. In fact they are playing their cards extremely well, much better than then clowns in the White House. Dont get me wrong, I cannot stand these guys, but the truth Ahmedinejab is laughing his ass off at us. The letter he sent to Bush was simply to rub our nose deeper into dog sh**, because he knows he got us by the balls. If this were a football game it would be 28-0 Iran at halftime, with Bush still trying to find the stadium.

Iran knows that nobody is fooled about the WMD program. He also knows that we are too weak militarily (thanks to the terrific job in Iraq) and too hated internationally to get the coalition we need to stop him. Even sanctions wont work because the Russians, Chinese, and the Arabs will all ignore it.

Add to that our wonderful remarks about Putin by Cheney (just when we needed his support) now Putin's certain to cement his ties with Iran. Real slick move there Dick, what a masterful piece of diplomacy, push our enemies CLOSER. And the Neocons wonder why they are so hated...

Last edited:
This is a terrorist organization who, without provocation, threatened to "wipe Israel off the map."

Thats a considerably weak arguement.

Iran is not a terrorist organization. Iran is a legitimate state who have established a security, economic, political system within its country. A terrorist organization, on the other hand, is not concerned about establishing a state, but resort to violence in order to carry out its own beliefs. Iran has not yet commited any terrorist attack of any kind therefore Iran is not a terrorist organization. Of course there are Iranians who are involved in terrorist organization, but worked outside government authority and restrictions. For example; an Egyptian terrorist does not work on behalf of the Egyptian Government or his/her countrymen, therefore Egypt is not a terrorist Organization.

As for Ahmedinejab's speech to threatened to "wipe Israel off the map" the truth is that regardless what the President of Iran says, Ahmedinejab is merely a ranting subordinate for the ultimate ruler of Iran...Ayatollah. Whatever he says or dictates is insignificant and requires Ayatollah's support, otherwise he remains powerless and acts more like a spokesmen who likes to shout at the US.

His speech about wiping Israel off the map is similar to TomTom22 calling to the Iranians as Idiots. This expresses Personal resentment towards a country and its citizens. They are speaking out of line who talk without thinking, plus ignoring the fact that the entire world can hear them.

As my uncle who always used to say "Keep the insults to yourself. Your mouth can be a powerful weapon for your enemy."

Last edited:
CABAL said:
Thats a considerably weak arguement.

Iran is not a terrorist organization. Iran is a legitimate state who have established a security, economic, political system within its country. A terrorist organization, on the other hand, is not concerned about establishing a state, but resort to violence in order to carry out its own beliefs. Iran has not yet commited any terrorist attack of any kind therefore Iran is not a terrorist organization. Of course there are Iranians who are involved in terrorist organization, but worked outside government authority and restrictions. For example; an Egyptian terrorist does not work on behalf of the Egyptian Government or his/her countrymen, therefore Egypt is not a terrorist Organization.
1. A terrorist is someone who uses terror, ie fear, to coerce someone to get what they want. The term was coined during the French revolution with the very first terrorist being Robespierre. He and the "Commitee for Public Safety" as an arm of the new French republic used terror to subdue enemies of the state to solidify and shore up the new government. So in point of fact terrorists can and have used terror to establish a state. The definition of terrorism does not limit or delineate the usage or users in any way. State terrorism is just as much terrorism as is private or religious terrorism. Ever hear of the PLO? Hamas? Their purpose for using terror are/were in fact to establish a Palestinian country, with security, economics et al.

2. The Iranian government directly funds and gives instructions to Hezbollah and it was the Revolutionary Council of Iran that ordered the abductions of Americans in Lebanon in the early 80's.

Last edited:
Has any one noticed how the rhetoric in that silly letter written by the Iranian president is similar to the rhetoric of the Anti-war leftists and lunatics?

• Referring to the Iraq war, he writes, "On the pretext of the existence of WMDs, this great tragedy came to engulf both the peoples of the occupied and the occupying country."
  • He criticizes the U.S. for its purported use of secret CIA prisons in Eastern Europe and for the treatment of detainees at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
  • After his long review of world events, Ahmadinejad concludes that liberalism and Western-style democracy have not been able to help realize the ideals of humanity and have failed."
Interesting, Isn't it?

That has always been my question as to why Leftists and Iranian clerics (Generally speaking, despots) talk as if they are business partners? They sound similar to me and I don't see any difference between the two.

Translation of Ahmadinejad's letter to President Bush provided by Le Monde in pdf format (English)

http://thespiritofman.blogspot.com/

Update 1: Iran's President's Letter Could Be Mistaken for Dem Talking Points on Fox News

Last edited:
Lack of historical context

bulldogg said:
1. A terrorist is someone who uses terror, ie fear, to coerce someone to get what they want. The term was coined during the French revolution with the very first terrorist being Robespierre. He and the "Commitee for Public Safety" as an arm of the new French republic used terror to subdue enemies of the state to solidify and shore up the new government. So in point of fact terrorists can and have used terror to establish a state. The definition of terrorism does not limit or delineate the usage or users in any way. State terrorism is just as much terrorism as is private or religious terrorism. Ever hear of the PLO? Hamas? Their purpose for using terror are/were in fact to establish a Palestinian country, with security, economics et al.

2. The Iranian government directly funds and gives instructions to Hezbollah and it was the Revolutionary Council of Iran that ordered the abductions of Americans in Lebanon in the early 80's.

According to your arguement, Pakistan is a terrorist state. This statement argues that countries who have previously used terror constitutes as terror states today. So therefore does it suggest that France, Germany, Cuba, India, Iraq, Iran, N. Korea, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, China, United States, Syria, etc are all terror states?

States exist because of security garuantees, regardless if they need to use terror. State-making through blood is organized violence. States waging war against one another in major or minor conflicts are no different to the loss of life inflicted by Terrorism. A Cruise missile and a car bomb are similar because they have two primary functions; finding a target and to kill.

So regardless what you think, war waged by legitimate states and terrorism are all forms of organized violence. Popular terrorist groups such as Hamas, Al-Qaeda, PLO, are placed as terrorist groups because they are militant factions that resort to terror activities in oppose to the dominant protection racketeering organization...the state.

So therefore there is a difference. Iran is a state. Al-Qaeda is a faction.

Last edited:
CABAL said:
According to your arguement, Pakistan is a terrorist state. This statement argues that countries who have previously used terror constitutes as terror states today. So that means France, Germany, Cuba, India, Iraq, Iran, N. Korea, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, China, United States, Syria, etc are all terror states.

States exist because of security garuantees, regardless if they need to use terror. State-making through blood is organized violence. States waging war against one another in major or minor conflicts are no different to the loss of life inflicted by Terrorism. A Cruise missile and a car bomb are similar because they have two primary functions; finding a target and to kill.

So regardless what you think, war waged by legitimate states and terrorism are all forms of organized violence. Popular terrorist groups such as Hamas, Al-Qaeda, PLO, are placed as terrorist groups because they are militant factions that resort to terror activities in oppose to the dominant protection racketeering organization...the state.

So therefore there is a difference. Iran is a state. Al-Qaeda is a faction.

Wrong!

Some times weak states such as iran or syria resort to terrorism to further their own agenda

But you fail to tell us how you have come to the conclusion that all countries can become terror states?

CABAL, In this world there is a very distinct diffrence between right and wrong. The world stopping Iran from getting nukes is defintely the right thing to do. Iran getting nukes and testing them out on Israel is deffintly the wrong. While your big ole Intellectual argument of every nation on earth being a Terriost state sounds nice, and may be true in some screwed up version, there is an un-deniable line between right and wrong. In this case good and evil even.

Were the French freedom fighters terriost, yep sure were. However, they were fighting the good fight and generally only killing german military personnel. I dont think you can say Osama and his bunch are fighting the good fight, or this nut job in Iran.

mmarsh said:
No , there not idiots. In fact they are playing their cards extremely well, much better than then clowns in the White House. Dont get me wrong, I cannot stand these guys, but the truth Ahmedinejab is laughing his ass off at us. The letter he sent to Bush was simply to rub our nose deeper into dog sh**, because he knows he got us by the balls. If this were a football game it would be 28-0 Iran at halftime, with Bush still trying to find the stadium.

Iran knows that nobody is fooled about the WMD program. He also knows that we are too weak militarily (thanks to the terrific job in Iraq) and too hated internationally to get the coalition we need to stop him. Even sanctions wont work because the Russians, Chinese, and the Arabs will all ignore it.

Add to that our wonderful remarks about Putin by Cheney (just when we needed his support) now Putin's certain to cement his ties with Iran. Real slick move there Dick, what a masterful piece of diplomacy, push our enemies CLOSER. And the Neocons wonder why they are so hated...

Well, idiots take the "Iammadinjihad" letter seriously, neo-cons and clowns as you call them didnt and wont.

Sorry to disappoint you but Bush even didn't take his time to take a look at it.

Michael Moore who is your hero may be happy to see Iranian terror leader is repeating his words in that letter.

Well, idiots take the "Iammadinjihad" letter seriously, neo-cons and clowns as you call them didnt and wont.

Sorry to disappoint you but Bush even didn't take his time to take a look at it.

Michael Moore who is your hero may be happy to see Iranian terror leader is repeating his words in that letter.
Well mmarsh is right.
The Russians have a lot more influence with the Iranians than we do. Cheyenne goes out and gives an evil empire speech and riles Putin up. So he has no choice but to hit back. This was just idiotic, I dont like Russia but we did need them on this issue.

Full Russian statements : http://www.guardian.co.uk/russia/article/0,,1772175,00.html
Another for you guardian haters:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=KLKPO0P12VII1QFIQMFSFFOAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/news/2006/05/10/uputin.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/05/10/ixnews.html

Im seriously addicted to these British sites, they actually report like relevant news.

Last edited:
Back