Let's say I break into your house

DTop

I just had to post this one here.

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials in ages!! It explains things better than all the baloney you hear on TV:

Last Year, large demonstrations took place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the U.S.might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors; I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, and provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work) because he too is hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part.

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be there.It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm hard-working and honest, um, except for well, you know.And what a deal it is for me!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being an anti-housebreaker. Oh yeah, and I want you to learn my language so you can communicate with me! English is too hard for me to learn, and you should also allow me to vote in my own language, since I live in your house!

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is? Only in America...

Last edited by a moderator:
No because the head of the house has said you can watch the doors and windows to keep people out but if they start to come in you have to walk away and let them.

If a person can knowingly cross over our borders illegally, who's to say they aren't capable of committing worse?

The ACLU, various Hispanic lobbyists and an assortment of self-flagelating morons masquerading as elected officials.

Self-flagellating means "hurting yourself."

Also, if your house was stolen in the first place, who says it's wrong for someone else to break in?

You know, I've noticed Muslims who live in Iraq and Afghanistan look an awful lot like Mexicans and other peoples living south of the US Border between the US and Mexico.

We are at War with the forces of Osama Bin Laden, and currently fighting an insurgency in Iraq, as well as still fighting the GWOT.
If an Islamic Terrorist from the part of the World we are currently engaged in Military Operations in were to take his Turban off and learn Spanish, what's stopping said Terrorist from coming illegally across the Southern Border, and just claiming he is here for illegal alien work?

Yeah, I guess we'd better ban everyone with slightly dark skin. Don't stop at the Mexicans, pal! What about Greek immigrants? They look awfully dark to me. Better not risk it. Ship 'em out.

Hey, if they are breaking into my Nation, well, I'm all for stopping them, even if they are not of dark skin... hell, even if they are green and come from a different Planet I say stop them.

I was just pointing out a tactical scenario that could harm the United States of America during Wartime.

I thought you all over there had the problem under control? I'm sure I read something about a wall and extra minute-men or boarder patrols and that illegal immigration numbers were down?

I am a strong believer in the economic and cultural benefits of immigration and helping genuine refugees. I strongly oppose illegal and uncontrolled immigration and fraudulent refugees. The house-breaking analogy is very good. As to the stolen part I'm not sure of the history of the acquisition of California, Texas and other boarder states. My guess is that the majority of the people in these states do not want illegal immigrants and their will should be respected not least to protect themselves from potential criminals.

I was just pointing out a tactical scenario that could harm the United States of America during Wartime.

When there's an actual war, I'm sure we can compromise somewhere. However, at the moment, there's no war (and don't tell me the "war on terror" is a war as opposed to a group of criminal actions blown way out of proportion by jingoist rhetoric) so I'd say there's nothing to worry about.

When there's an actual war, I'm sure we can compromise somewhere. However, at the moment, there's no war (and don't tell me the "war on terror" is a war as opposed to a group of criminal actions blown way out of proportion by jingoist rhetoric) so I'd say there's nothing to worry about.

The United States of America, at this point in time, is currently engaged in 2 separate Military Operations, one in Afghanistan, and one in Iraq, many times thought of as part of the larger GWOT, but separate Military authorizations and all, if you believe the United States of America is not legally engaged in a War, at this point in time, do you view the Military Operations in Iraq and Afghanistan as being an illegal action?

I'm prepared to call both of those wars. However, they are wars in and of themselves, not "battles" in the "War on Terror." The war on terror is pretend. Has anyone ever asked themselves why 9/11 was immediately thought of as an act of war? There's really no plausible reason it should have been. It was civilians committing a crime. A horribly heinous crime, to be sure, but a crime at that. There was no reason that the military and the CIA have to be involved in chasing these people down. It is a police matter.

And yes, I view both of those wars as illegal.

Back