Let Me Just Pull A Pillowcase Over Your Head...

pixiedustboo

Redfidelboo
...keep your hands behind your back and hold you at gun point....

(Oh, and my friend here is a cop, btw). Kinky right? Not so much.

I know we pretty much keep religion out of discussions here, but to me this has little to do with religion and more to do with the incredible, mind-blogging stupidity of some humans.

The Glad Tidings Assembly of God church in Middletown, Pa., has sparked outrage after a teaching exercise traumatized its youth group and left some with physical bruises, WHTM TV reports.

A shaken 14-year-old told the station two men came into the room with guns, pulled pillow cases over some of their heads, and pushed them into a van.
"They pulled my chair out from underneath me and then they told me to get on the ground," the unnamed girl tearfully told WHTM. "And I was the first person to go into the van. I had my hands behind my back they said 'just do as I say and you won't be hurt.'"

The "kidnapped" youth group was then taken to their pastor's house, where it looked like the minister was being attacked. The girl showed the station the bruises she suffered from the event, and claims the men laughed while she cried in the van. Despite claims from officials that the incident was only meant to teach teens what it's like to be a persecuted Christian missionary, there could be serious repercussions for the church.

"It's actually quite serious," First Deputy District Attorney of Dauphin County Fran Chardo told the station in a separate report. "False imprisonment of a child, someone under the age of 18, is a second-degree felony punishable up to 10 years [sic] in prison."

Since the teens never agreed to take part in the "lesson," church officials could be in legal trouble for the incident. WHTM also reported the man who "kidnapped" the teens was an off-duty cop, using a real, but unloaded, gun. In the midst of potential legal ramifications, Andrew Jordan, the church's pastor, told WHPTV he will still continue to carry out this lesson, but he will ask for parental permission.

This is utterly ignorant.

Yes, it is true and tragic that people of faith go through terrible persecution, as have many faiths throughout human history.

But as for this instance this is not what faith is about, and the reasoning behind the staged abduction is utterly invalid and stupid.

It would be along the same lines to take a group to downtown New York, blowing up a skyscraper and sifting through the rubble saying "this is the terrible horror the victims of 9/11 felt"

Or going to Hawaii , blowing up a U.S. Navy vessel and simply stating "this is the terror the service members on December 7th 1941 felt"

This is evidence that flaws in human evolution still exsist.

Hopefully natural selection will remove these bad examples of human specimens from the gene pool so they cannot procreate and further pollute our civilization.

Last edited:
Methinks the Deputy DA missed a few charges. It's clearly an assault and those bruises would also indicate battery ...with a weapon no less ...all felonies regardless of the age of the victim. And I doubt that "parental permission" would be mitigating.

Mind boggling stupidity, for sure. :rolleyes:

Is there irony in that the original missionaries were also punished for giving 'lessons' without permission?

I'd fry em, all of em who "staged" this kidnapping, I am shocked not one of the kids had a cell phone and called 911.

Doesn't matter who is doing it and why, even if it's "staged". Go ahead and see what happens when a crying teenage girl calls saying multiple armed men had bagged her head and is kidnapping her,

See how that goes down in court.

I really am shocked at what I am reading.

You might as well throw the kids to the lions, and tell them that this is how the early Christians were treated by the Romans!

Somebody needs to tell these people that there are better ways of doing this.

If a church does it, it's illegal and the church folks gt punished.
If the police do it, it's part of the due process and the cops involved get bonuses.
Hmmm.

Something seems a bit off kilter here, guys....

If a church does it, it's illegal and the church folks gt punished.
If the police do it, it's part of the due process and the cops involved get bonuses.
Hmmm.

Something seems a bit off kilter here, guys....

How is this relevent?

And all in all I think it comes down to the angle of the news camera.

I find it amazing how heavily religious America as a whole is.

Qausi relgious in many cases. This is a big country, with many faiths and just as many levels of religious dedication.

My point is don't think that this is a country full of religous die hards who regulary engage in such idiotic misdisplays of faith.

There are ooddles of athesist and two faced belivers I suppose who can balance this out.

My experience is of a lot of people doing whatever the hell they want- but identifying with christianity because everyone else does.
At the same time I nearly got put in a cell in florida once by bible bashers holding signs outside a bar that said 'turn or burn'. Its like they were looking for trouble.

My experience is of a lot of people doing whatever the hell they want- but identifying with christianity because everyone else does.

I know children of teenage parents who were concieved on church youth group trips. Whose parents didn't stick together for a moment and thanks to that youth correctional workers in my state will most likely never be out of the job.

Point is I have shared your exact experience before.

I have faith but I don't rub it it other people's eyes.

Back