Leopard 2 vs. Leclerc

Leopard 2 vs. Leclerc

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
francki said:
I know the leclerc well because I work with. the automatic loading is very powerful. 6 blows per minutes. A man can make also quickly but not on difficult grounds. utilisation of the loading is simplified for the tankleader. We can select a type of ammunition which will be load . It is also possible for us of pre selectionne another type of ammunition for the following objective. The shells are marks with a code bars, which allows the tank can identifie it

Thanks for the info. It wouldn't hurt to provide as much information as you can about the LeClerc in a brand new thread. Its one of the few major MBT's in the world that don't have a whole lotta info posted about it online. I personally like the fact that the LeClerc is the fastest modern MBT in the world (or at least, I am not aware of one that is faster.)

As far as the autoloader is concerned, a manual loader w/ a well trained crew is still faster. I'm sure that someday in the future, this will change and autoloaders will outpace manual. It just hasn't happened yet.

Lastly, as for this thread ... game over, waaaay over. Leopard 2a6 won.

francki said:
I know the leclerc well because I work with. the automatic loading is very powerful. 6 blows per minutes. A man can make also quickly but not on difficult grounds. utilisation of the loading is simplified for the tankleader. We can select a type of ammunition which will be load . It is also possible for us of pre selectionne another type of ammunition for the following objective. The shells are marks with a code bars, which allows the tank can identifie it

Most human loaders can load a shell every 3-4 seconds stationary and every 5-6 seconds while moving.

currently the tank can use 3 types of ammunition: sabot, OECC (Double hollow-charge + explosive antipersonnel) and anti helicopter. On our control panel there are 3 other types of ammunition which are not yet in service. The leclers also has ammunition of defense brought closer (12 grenades drawn around the tank has 15 and 50 m)

Wad about smoke grenades? By the way, can you further elaborate on the anti-heli rounds? It is quite unique! Thanks!

I served before on AMX 30 b2 or the loader was human. He was very e to make the coffee with the remainder of the crew but much slower than automatic loading. In April we have a shooting and I will try to make a film which will enable you to judge by yourself. J acknowledges that leclerc is not a perfect tank, but J also have uses the leo 2 a4 because my regiment is jumele with a panzerbatallion and the leclerc is definitely more modern. If you want more information about this MBT, event it's a unpleasant french, there is no problems

Sorry, we used a new smoke grenade(for us).before it was necessary between 2 and 5 second before arrives of the smoke. and it was ineffective against thermics. On the leclerc, the grenades explode into 2 rideaus and instantanement. The first has 50 m and second anti thermics has approximately 100m.

zander_0633 said:
Wad about smoke grenades? By the way, can you further elaborate on the anti-heli rounds? It is quite unique! Thanks!

This may help you:
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m830a1.htm

During the last years several "new" rounds were developed for the 120mm tank gun. Almost every user country has developed a HE or HE-Frag projectile and the US were working on the good old canister shell again (XM1028 ).

Here some more:
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/120.htm

Last edited:
godofthunder9010 said:
Well of course Japan has a military. See, the trouble is that there's this silling monster huge nation called China that is still pissed off at the for some very very naughty things that the Japanese did to them in WW2. China preaches a mighty strong anti-Japan doctrine to its people. They have a very big, very scary military. Their military is there t protect them from China more than anyone else, but it was also active in case of a USSR invasion during the Cold War.

Same kind of reason as Germany had for having a military: Immediate possible invasion. Japan is not allowed to deploy any combat portion of their military outside their own borders. I do believe this restriction is still in force. I know that Germany worked under similar restrictions, but I believe that has been lifted.

Something must have changed in Japan's policy since they are your ally in Iraq since Feb 2004.
http://www.inq7.net/brk/2004/feb/03/brkafp_3-1.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3461643.stm

EOD said:
Something must have changed in Japan's policy since they are your ally in Iraq since Feb 2004.
http://www.inq7.net/brk/2004/feb/03/brkafp_3-1.htm
True, but that was medical and humanitarian support. It did not involve combat troops. If that changed in any way, I hadn't heard about it.

Just deployment of medical arms of their military has stirred up plenty of controversy. The general idea appears to be as follows: "The last time Japan deployed troops outside its own borders, they did unbelievably terrible inhumane things. Japan should be banned from deploying its military until further notice." <-- That would be the idea up to 2004. The fact that the deployment of military medical personale raised such a stink internationally, it is clear that many in the world still don't trust Japan to behave themselves.

IMHO, the shadows of World War II are old and dead. Events over 60 years in the past should not keep Japan from being able to deploy combat military outside of its borders, but it has yet to happen. It may still be against the Japanese Constitution, but I don't tend to do a really great job of keeping up with Japanese politics.

Back