Leopard 2 vs. Leclerc

Leopard 2 vs. Leclerc

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1.Japan has a version of the Leopard II, too. Befor I read that I didn't know that Japan has a army after all.

2. as I know the ban is not to be lifted.

3. The Leopard is the best I didn't know that the Leclerc is really able to attack, but I heard it has 5 gears reverse and one forward, just in case they are attacked from behind ;-)

Last edited:
Jäger said:
1.Japan has a version of the Leopard II, too. Befor I read that I didn't know that Japan has a army after all.

3. The Leopard is the best I didn't know that the Leclerc is really able to attack, but I heard it has 5 gears reverse and one forward, just in case they are attacked from behind ;-)
Well of course Japan has a military. See, the trouble is that there's this silling monster huge nation called China that is still pissed off at the for some very very naughty things that the Japanese did to them in WW2. China preaches a mighty strong anti-Japan doctrine to its people. They have a very big, very scary military. Their military is there t protect them from China more than anyone else, but it was also active in case of a USSR invasion during the Cold War.

Same kind of reason as Germany had for having a military: Immediate possible invasion. Japan is not allowed to deploy any combat portion of their military outside their own borders. I do believe this restriction is still in force. I know that Germany worked under similar restrictions, but I believe that has been lifted.

Jäger said:

wtf?

The Leclerc can hit like 60km/h cross country...

LECLERC 2 FOR SHURE!!!

ANY1 SEEN THE NEW TURKISH LECLERC FLEET??
Leclerc-turk.jpg

Leo2 over the Leclerc I knew it would win thats why I didn't vote
how long before the autoloaders on the Leclercs become pain to deal in regard to repairing and replacing parts for it good luck to countries
that get conned into buying a nice tank that will spend more time in the garage for repairs.

:eek:fftopic: Any know what batch of Leo2s Chile is getting from Germany
are they older Leo2s.

Best reason not to go with an auto-loader. Over one thousands moving parts in an auto-loader, any one of which can become jammed, broken, or malfunction for any other sort of reason vs. one moving part when you have a well trained loader. It might be important to note that most auto-loaders are in fact slowly than a well trained loader, which became obvious in Desert Storm, took ten seconds for the auto-loaders to load another round, ten seconds is an eternity when the enemy can fire two shots in three seconds!

Koz said:
Talking to a Leclerc crewman revealed no problems with the autoloader...
Yeah, most autoloader problems are all fixed and such. They're still slower than manual loaders. That alone means that in a major tank battle, the Leopard 2a6 will fire more times than the LeClerc.

One point of confusion, which LeClerc were we supposed to be voting for/against? Either one is still an autoloader though.

Jäger said:
The Leopard is the best I didn't know that the Leclerc is really able to attack, but I heard it has 5 gears reverse and one forward, just in case they are attacked from behind ;-)
I guess every tank has quirky features depending on which country makes it, e.g. the Challenger has a water boiler for tea making and the Leopard has a built-in gas chamber.

Last edited:
Well, I recently watched an episode of Brainiac, Guess wad, they have a Challenger 2 tank in it trying to break into a safe! And that is the only way in, without the key!

I know the leclerc well because I work with. the automatic loading is very powerful. 6 blows per minutes. A man can make also quickly but not on difficult grounds. utilisation of the loading is simplified for the tankleader. We can select a type of ammunition which will be load . It is also possible for us of pre selectionne another type of ammunition for the following objective. The shells are marks with a code bars, which allows the tank can identifie it

Back