Leopard 2 vs. Leclerc

Leopard 2 vs. Leclerc

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
zander_0633 said:
WEll so much info about the Leo 2! wad about the French made tank? Any info?
I think it is an acknowledgement by the countries buying and the worldwide reputation of the Leopard 2a6 that leaves a ton of info about the Leo2, but very little about the LeClerc. The tank experts around the world are :love: in love with the Leopard 2a6. They aren't that crazy about the LeClerc. Hence the lack of info on France's MBT. I went hunting for the info on the Barrell type on the LeClerc and had a lot of trouble finding it, but turned up the barrell size for the Leopard several times while looking for the LeClerc info and not the Leopard.

Oh, and incidentally, wasn't China pushing for a shot at buying some Leopards not too long ago? I hadn't heard what the end result of all of that was.

godofthunder9010 said:
I think it is an acknowledgement by the countries buying and the worldwide reputation of the Leopard 2a6 that leaves a ton of info about the Leo2, but very little about the LeClerc. The tank experts around the world are :love: in love with the Leopard 2a6. They aren't that crazy about the LeClerc. Hence the lack of info on France's MBT. I went hunting for the info on the Barrell type on the LeClerc and had a lot of trouble finding it, but turned up the barrell size for the Leopard several times while looking for the LeClerc info and not the Leopard.

Oh, and incidentally, wasn't China pushing for a shot at buying some Leopards not too long ago? I hadn't heard what the end result of all of that was.

Christ how many times do I have to say it. The Leclerc uses an L52 barrell.

Didn't they lift that ban or allow it to expire?

And would you expect any European country to sell their best technology to a nation that many think will be the next superpower? They might sell some basic components but I doubt they would give away their best technology, even to each other.

Last edited:
The BAn infact have not even been lifted yet!so I doubt China will get weapons from Europe soon. I think it is also because of the row between Taiwan.

godofthunder9010 said:

Well if you notice, that tanks with export sales like the Leo 2 and M1 both have tons of info on them, as does the Chally 2.

zander_0633 said:
I heard China can't buy the tanks from Europe as the European Union bands the sell of weapons to China!
jThere was talk of lifting that Ban. The EU seemed to be all 100% for it. I haven't heard what happened in the end.

Months ago that ban was up for renewal or to let it expire, I am not sure what came of it, for some reason I want to say that the EU lifted the ban on the sale of small arms but that was it.

But the EU are keen to lift the ban, cause by lifting the ban, they would make practically Billions of dollars from sale of military equipment to China!

Back