• Leopard 2

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Abrams

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the future at the Leopard 2 A6 M Can by the Canadian Army ?
In the Moment the MBT in the ISAF-Action is leasing . In the summer the contract is running out . Did the Canadian Army the Leopard 2 A6M Can retour to the german Army ??? Or will it stay by the Canadians in Afghanistan ???

What is with the contract ( Leopard 2 A4 from the German Army and the Nederland Landmacht A 6 ).
How many Leopard 2 A6 M Can will get the Canadian Army in there actually structure ???

Leopard 1...hmm...thanks! I think that tank is a Leopard because i heard a diesel engine noise. My quastion was not casual, I found similar reel when the title named "Abrams M1A1 on the training ground" :))
What is the future at the Leopard 2 A6 M Can by the Canadian Army ?
Tanks Leopard 2А6М have been transferred in the Canadian Army as rent. If the contract is running out, Leopard 2А6М will return to the german Army.

Last edited:
But in the Moment a Contract over 80 Leopard 2 A4 is in the Update. In the End they get 80 Leopard 2 A6M Can . And I mean, the Nederland Army is buy many A6-Version to the Canadian Army. Why ? The Nederland Landmacht is smaller in the future.......

Canadian Army will receive 100 tanks (80 Leopard 2 A4; 20 Leopard 2 A6). 40 - for training and 40 will send to Afghanistan, 20 - Leopard 2 A4 modernise in Leopard 2 A6.

Why will the Canadian Army a Version A4 ??? They have´t the newest armour front , not the Mine-Detection in the ground ???
They can get the new A6-Configuration .
The Nederland Army is reduce their contingent .

Why will the Canadian Army a Version A4 ??? ...
They can get the new A6-Configuration
New in A6: control fire-system, stronger frontal projection (newest armour front), automatic machine search and maintainability target.
But shortcoming like this for A4: wight (60t) - tear and wear track, problem with manhole driver (no functional), big moment of the disbalance turret, greatly weak of the side- and overhead-defense. Problems consist of the price. Leopard A4 can effective execute missions.

But the Mine Protection System.
The Dansk A5 have not this Mine Protection System and had one deadly driver in Afghanistan . So the Mine Protection is the best argument for the Leopard 2 .

So the Mine Protection is the best argument for the Leopard 2 .
I don't think so. As I understand, Mine Protection include more thicker armor plate. This is not a difficult development in contradistinction to the control fire-system or system search and maintainability target. Maybe I make mistakes :confused:

mine protection plates are avilable for many MBTs. The advantage is higher chance of survival forthe team if there is an explosion under the tank. The downside is loss of speed and ground clearance.

Yes , but I `am angry . The German Gouverment ordered not the best Armoured Leopard 2 . OK, they modernized the Version A6 at the mine-Protection to the Version : Leopard 2 A6 M , but they didn ´t ordered the new Protection kit for the frontside, no active Shield: AMAP ADS , and no APU and No AirConditioned.
The german Army are member at the LEOBEN ( the council of the Leopard next generations...versions ) , but they no leader-nations for the modernized Leopard 2 .

The customer KMWEG are built at their own cost a Version :

The Leopard 2 A6 EX . looks at the follow link :
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/leopard/images/leopard2tank-14.jpg
This versions had all the nice features....but this is a modell for Events.

Leopard 2 by the Unit PzBtl 104

The German Army Unit PzBtl 104 ( Main-Battle Tank Unit / Leopard 2 A6) presented by a dynamic Display the MBT Leopard 2 A6 . The Unit is at the South of Germany in the Bavarian Wood .
So I can made a lot of Pictures.

PzBtl104Pfreimd2009Teil1099.jpg

PzBtl104Pfreimd2009Teil2226.jpg

PzBtl104Pfreimd2009Teil2246.jpg

PzBtl104Pfreimd2009Teil3004.jpg

PzBtl104Pfreimd2009Teil3069.jpg

PzBtl104Pfreimd2009Teil3077.jpg

and for the friends of IFV , the German SPz Marder 1 A5

PzBtl104Pfreimd2009Teil3021.jpg

Leopard over A1. ..A1 is also a gas guzzler, too much maintainance.
challanger over merkava but I do like merkava and I dont know why.

A1 without enough supplies in a massive war will simply be like the tiger tank, simply abbandoned by its crews cause it will stop working. it requires too much work.

Leopard has everything A1 has + much more and its easyer to handle and maintain.

But the Americans do have the supplies and so far I've not heard of any M1A1s being abandoned by their crew due to the lack of support.
Probably also why a lot of export versions have a diesel engine instead.
Don't think the M1A1 is better than the new line Leo IIs though.

fuel....Leopard by a mile!

sure in small scale conflicts you have supplies but when its large scale war, chaos and lack of everything a1 is the worst to have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back