• Leopard 2

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Abrams

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw to fight each other in the training field. Abrahams won but the Leopards’ crews were conscripted soldiers.
And where did you see that Abrahams fight against Leopards? Seriously the kind of things you rednecks come up with, and its supposed to be a serious military forum too.

Neither Abrahams nor Leos or Abrams even are manned by conscripts, ever, not to mention they never fought each other in an OPFOR role.
But the British had better doctrine and more combat experience. Also, the British had better aircraft at the start of the war.

Just to note, British land doctrines in WW2 were as bad as they get and British airplanes were at best on par with the German ones.

Americans had the best airplanes, Germans and Russians had the best land technologies and doctrines, Brits were dwarfed by pretty much everyone.

Last edited:
Americans had the best airplanes, Germans and Russians had the best land technologies and doctrines, Brits were dwarfed by pretty much everyone.

Now that is not true! First off the American's admittably had better bombers. However, we had the Lancaster which is arguably the best bomber of the war and the Hurricane and the Spitfire while the Americans only had the.....poo I forgot it's name. Mustang that's it! Germans by far had the best tank technology of the war and the Russians certainly had the manpower. However too say the British were dwarfed is total nonsense. You may look at the Battle of France and think, well the British must have sucked. However that was very much a fight of surprises for the British and French didn't know what the Germans had and were also outgunned. And if the British were dwarfed by everything then we would have lost the Battle of the Atlantic and the Battle of Britain. No, Britain was defenatley not dwarfed by the others, maybe in certain areas, but certainly not dwarfed to the point they were awful. And frankly, how can you 100% claim you were better? I would say that a country refusing to enter war is clearly one that has little military experience. Fair enough today that would be acceptable but not back then. Now you may believe what you want because fair enough, the Americans did have alot of decent equipment. However I did not like you going round and saying that the British sucked. Because if we did, how come we held onto the biggest empire the world had seen for over 100 years? I think one thing the British Army is very good at is organisation and you just have to look at the Falkland Conflict to see that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back