Legalize soft-drugs yes or no.

Should we legalize softdrugs?

• yes

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 36 66.7%

• Total voters
Cadet Seaman said:
Funny you bring up tarring roofs and piking up trash. My dad did that back in the 80's with the Guard, it wasn't a punishment either. I think it was volunteer work they where doing for those that didn't have enough money to fix their homes or have municple utilies.

EDIT:

Also if you look at prisoners today, some have computers, radios, tv's, and lots of other entertainment items that are payed for by tax payers money.

Well, that's different. Your father knew that work might be hard. But work still needed to be done. That someone with a good work ethic.

A prison cell should include a bed, metal toilet, metal sink, polished metal mirror, and a small foot locker to keep their unifroms and toiletries. Also they should be allowed the book or their religon and possible other item included for daily prayers.

Nothing else, nothing more

One thing to ponder if you will. IF soft drugs were legalized what do you think will happen to those companies that decide to produce these "soft-drugs"? They will be infringing on the income of people that we all have to agree have few if any scruples when it comes to money.

Cartel leader A gets word that Company X is selling drugs. Cartel A decides to put a hit out on the CEO and wreck the company in the process. Company X gets blown to bits and CEO of Company X gets dead. This sends a huge message to other companies. Hmmm...just a thought.

Afterall, someone has already said it is difficult at best to keep the majority of the drugs out of the country. How much more difficult would it be to keep hired guns already in the country from doing harm such as this?

Industrial espionage happens all the time. Businesses compete all the time. Drug dealing is a huge industry. Dealers compete all the time. Tell me it isn't so and then go look in your daily papers in the bigger cities and see how many drug related deaths there are over the past few years. Then expand that to include honest business men and women.

Like I have said, I am a person that thinks in the extremes in many cases. I don't think this thought is too far out there. Keep in mind, Holland's social mindset and framework is much different than the US social mindset and framework. Some things work well in one country that don't or won't work as well in another.

The chances of drugs being legalized in the US at this point in time are Slim to none, and Slim just left for an extended vacation. The point is a topic for debate but still a moot point.

Whispering Death said:
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!
If it was legal and heavily regulated like alchohol, you wound't do this and this man would still be alive.
PCP is a hard drug and this guy had no intention of taking it, he just wanted a little pick me up. Instead, because we have no regulation and no accountability for what you have in your hand, this guy is dead and there is no reason he should be.

How many times do you hear about a guy who cracks open a can of Budweiser and goes crazy because it's laced with LSD?

Your took it wrong. IF the guy wants a pick-me-up he should have had a Mountian Dew or coffee.

People say that soft-drugs don't do any harm, thats bull. Some of them rot teeth, cause skin discoloration, cause loss of hair, cause "tweaking", cause the person taking it to "Be out of the loop".

FYI: More drunk driving accidents happen in the U.S. every year more than any other accidnetal deaths.

Ok, I think this thread needs some levity so I will post my simple yet effective argument that I daresay no one will be able to fault.

Drugs should not be made legal because it would take all the fun out of it.

HA!

Cadet Seaman said:
Your took it wrong. IF the guy wants a pick-me-up he should have had a Mountian Dew or coffee.

People say that soft-drugs don't do any harm, thats bull. Some of them rot teeth, cause skin discoloration, cause loss of hair, cause "tweaking", cause the person taking it to "Be out of the loop".

FYI: More drunk driving accidents happen in the U.S. every year more than any other accidnetal deaths.

No one said soft-drugs don't do ANY harm. Caffine does harm, eating McDonnald's does harm, breathing in polluted city air does huge harm, drinking alchohol does harm; hell just look at all the things that cause cancer! It's a matter of degrees. There are drugs like LSD that can permanenetly damage your brain with every single dose. That is very bad, very bad. But if it isn't hardly addictive and doesn't do much damage then it's stupid to throw away millions of dollars of taxpayer money and an untold number of police officers' lives to combat a phantom problem.

Well Marinehodes I think you and I worked this one out for ourselves. Legalization needs a specific mind-set and not having this can cause mayhem.
We have had a long tradition regarding soft drugs and the acceptance is part of the furniture. How this would work out in the US..... who knows? But it might not be pretty!

Old age = brain wear and tear = booze + recreational drugs. This will eventually cause your demise, so watch out what you do or use. You might die in the end. :)

This was therefor intended as a bit of amusment on this so very heavy subject. I'm glad you got the humor in it WD! (Some probably won't lol)

Marinerhodes said:
Cartel leader A gets word that Company X is selling drugs. Cartel A decides to put a hit out on the CEO and wreck the company in the process. Company X gets blown to bits and CEO of Company X gets dead. This sends a huge message to other companies. Hmmm...just a thought.

Dude, I'm sorry to be so pointed but this is the single most stupid anti-legalization argument I have ever heard. Companies killing eachother's CEOs. You really think that happens on Wallstreet? You really see Bill Gates trying to avoid IBM's assassins? Or maybe it's just all the alchohol companies that are killing eachother? Yeah, I was going to invest in amazon.com stock but I was afraid the google.com nerds would plant a bomb in my computer and kock me off.

Come on back down to reality man.

Legalization and regulation is what eliminates the killing we see in illiegalized economies.

When alchohol was illiegalized gangs started killing eachother by the hundreds trying to get the most proffit because... well, what they where doing was already "illiegal" so what did committing another illiegal act do?

Now we have legalized and regulated alchohol and all that gang warfare, murder, exploitation, and poisioned alchohol is all gone. We have companies working in legitimate capitalistic competition with one another to delivery a varitety of high-quality products.

But when it comes to marijuana, we think that having illiegals smuggling unregulated and uninspacted intoxicants into our country to the white collar market that give their money to gangs that murder and exploit one another instead of legitimate businesses that report to the government.

Some drugs really do need to be illiegalized like heroin because they pose such a horrible threat to the drug user and such an exploitation by the drug maker that it would be an injustice to not fight it.

But marijuana is a nothing, it's just an intoxicant that's medically less damaging than drinking beer. The fact that we're in the year 2005 and America says we'd rather deal with murder, exploitation, and gang controll instead of police control of the neighborhoods that your grandma lives in just blows my mind.

Last edited:
But you forget, it's Bill Gates. HE'S EVIL!!!!!!!

His WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM will take over the world. And the XBOX 360 video game system is the key to all of this. SUpport Apple and Macintosh freedom fighters.

Wait....

Opps, that was the soft drugs talking. My bad.

DRUGS ARE FREAKING BAD OKAY.

Whispering Death said:
No one said soft-drugs don't do ANY harm. Caffine does harm, eating McDonnald's does harm, breathing in polluted city air does huge harm, drinking alchohol does harm; hell just look at all the things that cause cancer! It's a matter of degrees. There are drugs like LSD that can permanenetly damage your brain with every single dose. That is very bad, very bad. But if it isn't hardly addictive and doesn't do much damage then it's stupid to throw away millions of dollars of taxpayer money and an untold number of police officers' lives to combat a phantom problem.

Why do you think they rasied the drinking age? So everytime I eat a BigMaC I lose brain cells?

Yes polluted air is bad, and we are trying to stop that.

Yes, some things like asbesto's cause cancer, but people don't go around snorting it up.

As my mother says, "You don't want to open this can of worms". If you legalize soft drugs, next it's hard drugs, then people want you to legalize sniffing gas and spray paint, then people can start using over the counter drugs.

Whispering Death said:
Dude, I'm sorry to be so pointed but this is the single most stupid anti-legalization argument I have ever heard. Companies killing eachother's CEOs. You really think that happens on Wallstreet? You really see Bill Gates trying to avoid IBM's assassins? Or maybe it's just all the alchohol companies that are killing eachother? Yeah, I was going to invest in amazon.com stock but I was afraid the google.com nerds would plant a bomb in my computer and kock me off.

Come on back down to reality man.

Legalization and regulation is what eliminates the killing we see in illiegalized economies.

When alchohol was illiegalized gangs started killing eachother by the hundreds trying to get the most proffit because... well, what they where doing was already "illiegal" so what did committing another illiegal act do?

Now we have legalized and regulated alchohol and all that gang warfare, murder, exploitation, and poisioned alchohol is all gone. We have companies working in legitimate capitalistic competition with one another to delivery a varitety of high-quality products.

But when it comes to marijuana, we think that having illiegals smuggling unregulated and uninspacted intoxicants into our country to the white collar market that give their money to gangs that murder and exploit one another instead of legitimate businesses that report to the government.

Some drugs really do need to be illiegalized like heroin because they pose such a horrible threat to the drug user and such an exploitation by the drug maker that it would be an injustice to not fight it.

But marijuana is a nothing, it's just an intoxicant that's medically less damaging than drinking beer. The fact that we're in the year 2005 and America says we'd rather deal with murder, exploitation, and gang controll instead of police control of the neighborhoods that your grandma lives in just blows my mind.

Really? beer casues lose of hair, "Tweaking, skin discoloration, and rotting of your teeth?

Tell the truth why do we even need narcotics or liqour? I've need had any type of achoholic beverage and never really wanted one.

Farfetched? I don't think so. . .

Whispering Death said:

WD you missed my point entirely.

I am not speaking of your everyday business that has never made a formerly illegal product that is now legal has legal competition. I am speaking of the Drug Cartels that are already in illegal business making a hefty profit because there are no taxes, fees, regulations etc etc that they have to pay out. Those same Drug Cartels that kill each other if someone steps foot into their territory.

If you were to look at the actual operating costs to manufacture or grow these "soft-drugs" you would see that it costs very little, but the end sell price is exponentially higher. If you start to add in overhead for a sterile environment, building, advertising, price competition, taxes, payroll of a fair wage etc etc then I do not see many Drug Cartels wanting in on it as it will just cut into their profit margin.

Keep in mind that I say Drug Cartels. This is to include both foreign and domestic in regards to the US. The ones that already break the law, the ones that have few scruples or morals when it comes to business because to them it is all about the money.

I challenge you to show me where anyone that is making say $100.00 an ounce for pot, will be willing to go down to making $50.00 an ounce. (This $50.00 difference is just a number I pulled out of the air)

I don't think it is as unrealistic as you make it sound. Then again we aren't talking about Bill Gates type people are we? We are speaking of people that have killed their own just for pocketing a few extra bucks or cutting the dope a bit for a few extra bucks.

Last edited:
I challenge you to show me where anyone that is making say $100.00 an ounce for pot, will be willing to go down to making $50.00 an ounce. (This $50.00 difference is just a number I pulled out of the air)

Hahahaha really? You sounded very experienced, you just did!! Tell, you also didn't inhale? No worries then, you can still make it to president :) If you did.... well then make sure your daughter get arrest for DUI, that also works......

Just harmless fun mate........ :)

Whispering Death said:

The fact that we're in the year 2005 and America says we'd rather deal with murder, exploitation, and gang controll instead of police control of the neighborhoods that your grandma lives in just blows my mind.

News flash Cheech. We still have have bootleg liqour home brew or illegally imported.And bad guys still control that.

Theres all different types of legally produced prescription narcotics out there being abused obtained via prescription fraud and forgery or stolen and sold on the street by bad guys.

While some illegals may actually hump a couple kilos of dope across the border it's not near the amount that is brought in thru the Ports of entry undetected or flown in or shipped in by American citizens working in concert with the cartels.

You just don't get it do you. Murder, Gang Control, explotation. It's not Narcotics motivated. It's Criminal mentality, thats how money is made and legalizing drugs will not effect it. It will only turn them to another activity.

The issue is moral: If you take any kind of drugs, it's your decision to make. It does not infringe on the freedoms of others, and therefore it should be your freedom to do so in my opinion.

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
The issue is moral: If you take any kind of drugs, it's your decision to make. It does not infringe on the freedoms of others, and therefore it should be your freedom to do so in my opinion.

Really? So when some stoned idiot smashes his car into someone who was driving their kid to get ice cream after soccer practice, he hasn't infringed upon anyone's rights.

Back