Legalize soft-drugs yes or no.

Should we legalize softdrugs?

• yes

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 36 66.7%

• Total voters
thc_laugh.gif
Man-oh-man ... I thought that this topic was beat to death long long ago.
thc_laugh.gif

It fluctuated Chief, sort of like a hybernation mode! Every so often it rears it´s ugly head. And be honest, it is a very interesting subject isn´t it?

Won't ever happen .....

Ted said:
It fluctuated Chief, sort of like a hybernation mode! Every so often it rears it´s ugly head. And be honest, it is a very interesting subject isn´t it?
Yeah it is very interesting ... the best argument AGAINST legalization is in Holland. Soft drugs and some of what America has described as gateway drugs, have been legal for more years than I want to count - and has it improved the drug situation any? The answer is a little more complicated than it seems ... the illegal sex trade goes hand and glove with the drug trade. The incidence of aids amongst the illegal prostitutes is very quickly approaching the 100% level amongst the practitioners of the trade. Part of the reason these guys/gals are illegal, is because they are drug users with ALL of the baggage that goes with drug usage and they are less choosy about their partners and any possible protection against the disease.

The possibility of legalizing drugs in the United States is severely hampered by the Religious Bible Belt ... it doesn't stand a snowball's chance in the nether region, of EVER passing as long as they exercise the political power of their numbers.

Well will probably wait another 3-4 months before I post here again -
(UNLESS SOMEONE COMES UP WITH AN ORIGINAL THOUGHT ON THIS TOPIC).

Hahahahaaha, I'll hold you to that Chief! I was thinking of the nature nurture discussion on this issue. For once the American right is leaning heavily on the nurture side instead of their normal nature version. What is it that they are suddenly so afraid of?

I saw on the discovery channel the other night, a show talking about garabge, and they are finding that Americans consume way more alcohol then they admit to.... Go figure

My ex-wife was a doctor and I was a medic and worked with many doctors and I will tell you this about alcohol... all doctors are trained to double the number of drinks a patient admits to. IE if he/she asks how much alcohol you drink they double that number and take THAT number as the truth.
FACT.

Back