Was Lee Whi-So killed by the U.S Government?

bullpup13

This is my first post.
Please advise to me.:salute2:

[FONT=바탕]Was Lee Whi-So killed by the U.S Government?[/FONT]​

[FONT=바탕]  Lee Whi-So (Benjamin W. Lee), head of the theoretical physics department at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory and professor of physics at the University of Chicago, was killed in an automobile accident near Keewanee, Illinois on 16 June, 1974. He was traveling to the summer meeting of the Fermilab Program Advisory Committee in Aspen, Colorado. The other members of[/FONT][FONT=바탕]his family who were accompanying him were not seriously injured. Lee was widely regarded as one of the world's leading physicists working on the theory of elementary particles. Lee[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s death was controversial. I believe Lee was killed by the U.S Government. He wanted to go to South Korea but the U.S didn[/FONT][FONT=바탕]t want him to go. He was killed in an accident which seemed to be not accidental. There was also his question raising behavior only a few months before he was killed.[/FONT]

[FONT=바탕]  Lee wanted to go to South Korea but the U.S didn[/FONT][FONT=바탕]t want him to go. According to an interview in November 1993 with Lee[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s mother, Lee told everything to his mother. Lee said to his mother, [/FONT][FONT=바탕]I[/FONT][FONT=바탕]m patriot. I have to do.[/FONT][FONT=바탕] It was meaningful because Lee hinted at something. According to Chosun-Ilbo which is type of newspaper, Lee used to say, [/FONT][FONT=바탕]I have to work for my country South Korea.[/FONT][FONT=바탕] It shows he wanted go to South Korea and he was needed by South Korea. This newspaper reported Lee will come to South Korea in next year -1978- and Lee is ready to come to South Korea but he had an accident so we have to prove this accident was not a normal accident. Before Lee was killed he communicated with Park Chung-Hee. Lee knew very well about nuclear weapons and how to make those so Park Chung-Hee wanted Lee to come to South Korea and make nuclear weapons. On the other hand, the U.S didn[/FONT][FONT=바탕]t want Lee to go to South Korea. The U.S knew about Lee[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s ability so the U.S was afraid of him. If he went to South Korea it might put the U.S in danger so the U.S had to prevent him from going. According to evidence of Park[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s daughter in Wolgan-Chosun[/FONT][FONT=바탕] on April, 1992 the U.S tapped Blue House and threatened South Korea to give up making nuclear weapons. The U.S[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s tap also was reported by New York Times June 19, 1977.[/FONT]

[FONT=바탕]  Many people believe Lee was killed in an accident which seemed to be caused by the U.S Government. There were so many doubts about Lee[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s death. According to the interview in June 1993 with Lee Dong-Won who was a Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Lee was killed on the highway. The Reuter[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s News Agency reported, [/FONT][FONT=바탕]Lee had an bad accident in Illinois.[/FONT][FONT=바탕] It was really simple and short. Many people believe it was maybe strange. According to record of the U.S police, the driver who made the accident name was Lewis. JR John Lother. He was born in 27 July 1935 (no information about downtown). His address was Iowa Des Moines 501-7. He was a driver in the company which was Transol CO. He drove a truck which model was FREIGHTLINER. Lee[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s car was broken terribly that rehabilitation money was presumed as $2800 (no information about truck). After the accident he, Lee and Lee[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s family were transfer to the Keewanee Hospital. Lots of people said John could avoid Lee[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s car but he didn[/FONT][FONT=바탕]t try to avoid. On the contrary, John tried to crash with Lee[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s car. In addition, John could easily see Lee[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s car. If John tried to avoid Lee[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s car there was no accident. Moreover, there was a hollow which separated the highway in the middle of it. Its depth was about 170cm. If John braked his truck he could have avoided the accident but he didn[/FONT][FONT=바탕]t. Besides the truck was so hard to go through the hollow because it was too big to go through. It seemed Jonh had a special purpose. This accident was really question raising. (http://lambas.hihome.com/Yihwiso.htm) The U.S may have thought it had to kill Lee. Lee was really needed by the U.S because he knew how to make nuclear weapons. The U.S wanted him to stay in the U.S and to make nuclear weapons but he wanted to go to South Korea. If he went to South Korea then he could supply nuclear weapons to South Korea. The U.S was afraid of nuclear weapons in Korean hands. I think the U.S thought killing him would be better than missing him. [/FONT]

[FONT=바탕]  There was also Lee[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s question raising behavior only a few months before he was killed. According to the interview with Lee[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s mother in November 1993, Lee[/FONT][FONT=바탕]s behavior was strange and careful. When he came to South Korea in 1974, he didn[/FONT][FONT=바탕]t sleep at the Hotel but at an embassy of the U.S in South Korea. He felt afraid of something. He did everything very carefully. This perhaps shows that he felt someone wanted to kill him. Many people believe someone who killed Lee was a member of the U.S Government.[/FONT]

[FONT=바탕]  According to this, it seems Lee was killed by the U.S Government. He wanted to go to South Korea but the U.S didn[/FONT][FONT=바탕]t want him to go. The U.S might decide to kill Lee. He was killed in an accident which seemed is caused by the U.S Government. This accident was controversial. There was his question raising behavior only a few months before he was killed. In fact, there is no official report. Some people say that was just accident but other people say that was caused by the U.S Government. Most people in South Korea think that accident was caused by the U.S Government. As a result, of the unanswered questions I believe Lee was killed by the U.S Government.[/FONT]

-The end-​

Thank you for reading!:thumb:​

Last edited:
Congrats on your first post Bullpup! That said and done, let´s move on to your question. Imo their is no way of knowing what happened and no way of reconstructing. People die in freak accidents all the time and subjective view jump in and make a conspiracy-theory.

[FONT=바탕]
He did everything very carefully. This perhaps shows that he felt someone wanted to kill him. Many people believe someone who killed Lee was a member of the U.S Government.

[/FONT]I do almost everything I do carefully, but I don´t think people are out to kill me.... See my point?[FONT=바탕]
[/FONT]

Thank you for your advice Ted!
I think I should think carefully.
Actually I tried to say Lee looked strange. I mean his behavior.
You can see examples of his behavior.
That's what I meant.
And, Lee's accident was different from other normal accidents.
I said 'BELIEVE'. Trust might be a fact or a deceit.
Am I wrong?
If I wrong advise to me please.

Last edited:
Good job bullpup13. Your English skills have improved quite a lot since your first posts.

As for the incident, when a tractor trailor truck is involved in an accident, the cause is almost always because the trucker went to sleep because of too many hours on the road. Very few people in a wreck with a truck that size live while little damage is done to the truck. I don't think a covert operation to kill someone would use that method. A wreck is not a sure way to kill and I don't think they could find a driver that would crash a vehicle on purpose to kill.

Now, I am only giving you some ideas of how a planned assassination could be done so none of this is given as fact. Since the Cold War, many ways to eradicate an enemy have been used and are ingenious in that the cause is almost undetectable. Poisons were developed that will kill and then, be absorbed before it can be detected. Weapon silencers are such that you can be shot in your bed and not awaken the person beside you.

I don't think a head on collision would be the choice of a killer, Government or otherwise. A nice drink at a party or luncheon laced with a poison would be written off as a heart attack.

Actually I tried to say Lee looked strange. I mean his behavior.
You can see examples of his behavior.
That's what I meant.

I think his behaviour would be different. Lee is about to go to Korea knowing that his boss doesn´t want him to go. He would probably have been under a lot of stress.... Maybe even so much that it clouded his driving skills?
So there is an obvious connection to make. Then again, what Missileer said; if the government would have killed him, the autopcy report probably would have said "heart failure" or something. A big car crash leaves too much chance to live.

Unlikely story

http://www.phy.duke.edu/~myhan/kaf0205.html
Moo-Young Han
Professor of Physics, Duke University
Editor-in-Chief, Society of Korean-American Scholars

After his untimely death, some imaginative authors in Korea published fictions in which attempts have been made to connect Ben Lee, his accidental death, and Park Chung-Hee to an alleged plot by the South Korean government to develop nuclear weapons. This has helped to cast some dark clouds of intrigue, rumors and wild speculation upon the legacy of Ben Lee.

There are widely held speculations in Korea that Ben Lee was somehow
associated with the attempt by South Korea, under the strongman rule of
Park Chung-Hee, to develop Korea's own atomic weapon program. This
insinuation was spread by works of fiction in Korea that portrayed him as
such, based on wild imaginations of some authors.

At no time during his career, Ben was ever associated with any of
the national weapons lab such as Los Alamos, Livermore or Sandia. Now,
we all know the physics principle of nuclear fission, but that does not
make any of us, nuclear and particle physicists, experts in nuclear
weaponry. We all know how an internal combustion works: a mixture
of gasoline and air, when ignited by sparks, can be source of energy,
but that is a far cry from us being expert automobile engine designers!

, Ben Lee had not been associated with any of the nuclear
weaponry project

If you read the rest of the article you discover that the author was a university classmate, friend and colleague of Lee. His version runs completely counter to the assumptions made by the conspiracy advocates in Korea who fostered these rumours. And this article is clearly grounded in verifiable facts rather than heresay and subjective observations.

Oooooh I love a good conspiracy! It really gets the brain juices going! As for the topic at hand, I don't know much about the incident (This is pretty much the first time I heard about this guy. For a moment there, I thought you were talking about Wen Ho Lee, who I know a little more about. I met his daughter once at UCLA when she was giving a speech there), but from what I've read in your post, it doesn't seem like an assassination... If it was, then I am impressed with the US government for orchestrating it so well that it stayed under the public's radar because, well, that's how assassinations should be. I don't think the US government would have prevented him from leaving the US unless they had one of two reasons to:

1. He was planning to pass secrets about nuclear weapons technology without permission.
2. His trust had been compromised. When you work at a pretty high up there lab in the US, that's not a very good thing.

I don't think they stopped him because he knew how to make a nuclear weapon or whatever. Any intuitive college grad with a degree in nuclear chemistry/physics could figure out how to make a crude nuclear device. It's getting your hands on the material that's tricky. You need super-refined U-235 to make a good nuke, and <0.8% of the Earth's crust has it. Uranium-238 does account for 99% of the uranium found in the Earth's crust but that it not weapons-grade (reactor-grade maybe). In order to refine U-238 to U-235, you need a couple thousand ultra-crazy-expensive centrifuges to be running for quite a number of months. Needless to say, U-235 is not an easy thing to get your hands on let alone a couple kilograms of it.... I think they stopped him because they had reasonable suspicion to believe that he was going to be conversing with people he was not supposed to be.

Thank for your advice Missileer!
I know accident is not easy way to kill someone.
But there are so many doubts about Lee's death.
That's why I wrote this paper ^^
I might right but might wrong.

Thanks again for your advise Ted!
"I'm patriot. I have to do that."
I think this quote is meanigful.
Maybe include some special things.
I'm not sure that would be about nuclear weapons.
But I believe.

Thanks for your advise bulldogg!
I think Lee was closer with his mother than his friend.
Moreover, his mother said 'Lee told me everything.'
So I think Lee never told a lie to his mother.
But to his friend.......I'm not sure.
In addition according to official information about Lee, he knew about nuclear weapons, Park Chung-Hee tried to make nuclear weapons.
Very important thing is CIA tapped Blue House. CIA realized Park tried to make nuclear weapons and the U.S threatened to South Korea to give up making nuclear weapons. That's not just my thinking but true.

Thanks for your advise ASTRALDRAGON!
Actually, I couldn't find what kind of nuclear weapons and I don't have lots of idea about nuclear weapons.
It made me so hard.
You said my weak point alomst exactly.

bullpup13 said:
Thanks for your advise bulldogg!
I think Lee was closer with his mother than his friend.
Moreover, his mother said 'Lee told me everything.'
So I think Lee never told a lie to his mother.
But to his friend.......I'm not sure.
In addition according to official information about Lee, he knew about nuclear weapons, Park Chung-Hee tried to make nuclear weapons.
Very important thing is CIA tapped Blue House. CIA realized Park tried to make nuclear weapons and the U.S threatened to South Korea to give up making nuclear weapons. That's not just my thinking but true.
Then provide sources to this information I have highlighted.
It doesn't matter what you think or feel, the only thing that matters is what you can prove with hard evidence. Opinions are worthless without facts to support them.

PS. According to forum rules you may not post back to back like this. Respond to each person in ONE post in the future. :)

Last edited:
Okay, nothing about Lee-Whi-So but interesting nonetheless.

I like the nut who blames it on the paramecia lulling us into a false sense of security.

Back