LED monitor questions

Big_Z

MilForum Recon
I ditched the my tv as a monitor and bought a real computer monitor today due to the TV giving me headaches and making me dizzy. Spur of the moment thing. The new monitor is a 23" Acer LED. It seems like I am getting tearing. I have been running my games with triple buffered VSYNC on. My framerate is locked at 60 so its not a stuttering issue.

Is this normal with the LCDs? Is there going to be tearing regardless? The new one is only rated at 60hz but I thought the refresh rates on LCDs wasn't much of an issue like it was with CRTs. The monitor is specced at 5ms response time if that helps.

I am running on windows 7 ultimate. I honestly think it should be doing better then what it is.

This topic just wrecked it, extreme tearing while scrolling left to right.
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/cossack-uniforms-colors-rainbow-t90788.html

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
What Video card you running? Sometimes it has to do with the display switch in the Vcard, but if you know the Vcard I can talk to my buddies here at work.

So I've got some answers, you're not the only one to have this issue first of all. But it's not the monitor or the Vcard. What else does it tear on? Is it just one game or multiple?

One answer may be reinstalling the Vcard drivers.
Another was turning off SLI
(NVIDIA SLI (Scalable Link Interface)technology links two graphics cards together to provide scalability and increased performance. NVIDIA SLI takes advantage of the increased bandwidth of the PCI Express bus architecture, and features hardware and software innovations within NVIDIA GPUs (graphics processing units) and NVIDIA MCPs (media and communications processors). Depending on the application, NVIDIA SLI can deliver as much as two times the performance of a single GPU configuration.)

And I was told to check by trying a different monitor also. If it does it on all monitors I need to contact my buddy again.

Back