LeBron, U.S. crush Yao-less China

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14229288/

James scores 22 in warmup, 'Melo adds 18, Miller is 3-for-3 on 3-pointers
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Associated Press[/FONT]

Updated: 4:00 p.m. ET Aug 7, 2006

function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById("udtD"); if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) { var dt = new DateTime(); pdt = dt.T2D(pdt); if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,(('false'.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true));} } } UpdateTimeStamp('632905776244900000'); [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GUANGZHOU, China - With Yao Ming out with an injured left foot, China never had a chance against the powerful United States.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LeBron James scored 22 points and Carmelo Anthony added 18 to lead the Americans to a 119-73 win over China on Monday.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“We are always going to be ready to play. The guys are bringing a lot of energy off the bench,” said James, who thrilled the capacity crowd in the southern Chinese city with several dunks on the fast break. “We are producing on the court and taking care of business. We just had our stuff.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Monday’s victory was the second consecutive drubbing of an opponent by the United States, coming on top of last week’s 45-point victory against Puerto Rico.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I was happy in that we played very hard every second and we played unselfishly, and as long as we do those two things, we will continue to improve,” coach Mike Krzyzewski said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]China held the U.S. lead to five points after the first quarter, but the margin increased to 23 at halftime and 40 after three quarters.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“We are one of the best teams,” James said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]China didn’t even have its best players.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Besides Yao, NBA veteran Wang Zhizhi sat out with a torn ligament in his right knee. The other Chinese players struggled against the physically superior Americans. Yi Jianlian, a 6-foot-10 center considered China’s next NBA prospect, had 14 points, while Du Feng led the scoring for China with 18.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The U.S. defense repeatedly stole the ball, and the Chinese were slipping and falling as they attempted to keep up with their faster opponents.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Today we played against one of the best, maybe the best team in the world,” said China’s Lithuanian-born coach, Jonas Kazlauskas. “It was really difficult for us, especially for those young boys on the court.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Brad Miller was 5-for-5, including 3-for-3 from behind the 3-point line for the Americans, who are preparing for the world championships in Japan starting Aug. 19.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It’s the second straight blowout between the teams. At the 2002 World Championships, the U.S. beat China 84-65 in Yao’s first official national team appearance.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The U.S. plays Brazil in Guangzhou on Tuesday before flying to South Korea, while China travels to the eastern city of Nanjing for more exhibition games.[/FONT]

Its a good time to be an American in China. :)

Going out to the basketball courts after work with my American flag and ball to talk trash and add to the misery.

wow, leading 46 points! US team compared to chinese national team is a monster of the basketball.

but the Brazil game was very close

Even tho it's the USA Team, I despise NBA basketball. My feelings are so strong that when the USA Team got a bronze metal in the last olympics, I was exstatic (no gold for you!). I have zero respect for NBA players. Maybe if NCAA players filled the rosters of the team I might care.

That was a good game, US VS Brasil... it was a good night to be an American in the sea of Chinese fans still pissed about getting their ass handed to them the night before. Hehehehe. I am such a diplomat. :)

Doody said:
but the Brazil game was very close

Even tho it's the USA Team, I despise NBA basketball. My feelings are so strong that when the USA Team got a bronze metal in the last olympics, I was exstatic (no gold for you!). I have zero respect for NBA players. Maybe if NCAA players filled the rosters of the team I might care.
Amen. I agree 110%. I only use it[the USA national team] as an excuse to gloat against other countries that my friends support. Other than that, no. College is the only games worth watching. I think the single person I hate the most in the NBA would be...KOBE BRYANT. OMG, what an arrogant, old(no offence, just old for playing pro ball),cocky SOB...I cannot stand him or his playing style.

They're not all a-holes size large. When I was living in Indianapolis back in the 90's I had a part time job bouncing at a club called The Vogue. One of our regulars was Derrick McKey. It was part of his ritual after every game to come to the club, sit up on the second floor and people watch. I was new and it was dark and I had no idea who this guy was but it was 2am and the boss sent me to clear out the upstairs so I go around asking everyone to leave or go downstairs (nicely mind you) and this tall SOB stands up and gathers his things and I follow him down as he was the last guy upstairs. As we descend the stairs I see my boss coming towards me with a horrified look on his face... he bgins blubbering an apology to this walking tree in front of me and then turns to chew me out and Derrick holds up a hand and says, "Hey Mike its cool, he was just doing what he was asked to do." And shakes my hand. Class act.

Very unlike the walking human terd known as Tony Siragusa... but that's another story.

bulldogg said:
They're not all a-holes size large. When I was living in Indianapolis back in the 90's I had a part time job bouncing at a club called The Vogue. One of our regulars was Derrick McKey. It was part of his ritual after every game to come to the club, sit up on the second floor and people watch. I was new and it was dark and I had no idea who this guy was but it was 2am and the boss sent me to clear out the upstairs so I go around asking everyone to leave or go downstairs (nicely mind you) and this tall SOB stands up and gathers his things and I follow him down as he was the last guy upstairs. As we descend the stairs I see my boss coming towards me with a horrified look on his face... he bgins blubbering an apology to this walking tree in front of me and then turns to chew me out and Derrick holds up a hand and says, "Hey Mike its cool, he was just doing what he was asked to do." And shakes my hand. Class act.

Very unlike the walking human terd known as Tony Siragusa... but that's another story.
Well, then, I suppose not all of them are...But ALL is a very emphasized word.Course, times have changed a bit since the 90s(no offence meant).

jz said:
Bulldogg come to HangZhou and playbasketball with me?

I'd love to sweetheart, send me your cell number and we'll hook up a time for me to educate you on the physical aspect of the game.
:jump:

C/1Lt Henderson said:
hahaha...beautiful. Hahaha. Im more of a "stay outside, shake n bake em, then take it to the hole" kinda guy.
You've seen the Adam Sandler remake of the Longest Yard right? Think of me as a large black prison inmate when I play... you call your own fouls as you see it baby. You start thinking twice and hesitating after a couple love taps and the shake and bake soon becomes the quake and shake. I love this game.

bulldogg said:

this is a good story. I like it.

Originally Posted by jz
Bulldogg come to HangZhou and playbasketball with me QUOTE

dude, be careful of the guy you try to challenge. this guy will whop your ass by playing physically.

Last edited:
Back