Lebanon and Syria

WorldWatcher

With the recent assassination of their leader Hariri,Lebonan has plunged into a state of mourning. Some groups blame Syria for the assassination.Syria has had troops in Lebanon since Lebanon ended their civil war.Also many other countries and the U.S. have pinned tension on Syria recently.Syria has come under fire about its failed protection of Hariri during the time frame before and during the blast. Do you think Lebanon can continue with Hariri's vision of a peaceful Lebanon and do you think Syria will be cooperative with investigations?

The assassination of Harrari is not just Syria who is in the needle of suspicion.

As per the news (BBC) Saudis, Israel, the Lebanese themselves are also suspected.

Harriri just recently visited Saudi Arabia before the assassination. One wonder why?

Yea that is suspicious too,however I think more pressure is being built on Syria since they have military forces there that were supposed to protect Lebanon,which failed. So even if they didn't do it, the U.S. and other countries are saying they should withdraw their forces.Just something I read on CNN and Janes.

syria is a brutal dictatorship, well known for invading its nieghbours and believing it has right to more land than allocated to itself... they are the ones who helped distabalize lebanon and massacre its majority (now minority) christian population. they are also the ones who along with iran aid terror groups and give them protection.
syria is entirely at fault... i dont even know why israel is a suspect... i guess its just the ****** liberals who cant put blame on arabs without "equally" placing the blame on israel...

Car bombs are nasty things when they go off. I don't know if we can blame the syrians for not protecting him. After all bombs go off everywhere in the middle east with or without foreign troops present.

I am more worried about the Iran - Syrian alliance now. Sounds like a defensive one though but why so soon after the killing?

I guess we will have to see how all this unfolds.Syria is buying missles from Russia according to Janes. I hope Lebanon can continue with their nation and an investigation can be fulfilled. :?

It would be better to help restore peace in the Lebanon-Syria region.Syria seems to be cooperating with the U.S. right now, hopefully it will be resolved. Anyone have input on the situation?

WorldWatcher said:
I guess we will have to see how all this unfolds.Syria is buying missles from Russia according to Janes. I hope Lebanon can continue with their nation and an investigation can be fulfilled. :?

Russia decided to possibly not sell the rockets because of Syria's stance with terrorists. I got this from GlobalSecurity.com

I don't really blame Syria and Iran to sign a pact like the one they have. There is a lot of trouble in the area at the moment.
Iraq is far from secure and western troops presence in the area don't ease things up.

Iran has been appointed one of the axis of evil members by Bush so they have a reason the be worried.

here are some objectives that i would assume

* gain WMD
* blackmail europe
* destroy jews
* expand radical islam
* train terrorists
* destroy western civilization

I know IRAN might be a bit radical if you compare with western law but it is still their laws not ours. I don't think Syria is as bad as Iran when it comes to stoning people.

I just think they feel threatened by the US at the moment so they tries to form a counter balance in the region at the moment.
A scenario that is possible is that more middle east countries joins this pact and then we could see some serious problems arise.

Back