Leave it to Chirac...

I think its good the EU wants to lift the embargo only two countries in the EU oppose the lifting of the embargo...... The embargo was something from the past lets move on. :p

AsianAmerican said:
I think its good the EU wants to lift the embargo only two countries in the EU oppose the lifting of the embargo...... The embargo was something from the past lets move on. :p

If the Taiwan and Korean issues weren't around, I could move on a lot easier.

If you guys only knew all they did and so to harbor and protect red terrorists from all over Europe.... We Italians don't like them for what they do.

the_13th_redneck said:
French bastards.
How can you call these guys allies?

I don't call them allies. They are against the US and have lost almost any moral conviction. Its a disgusting situation but they've done it, they dont even allow any kind of religious emblem

Country-bashing is not permitted on this forum, I suggest you read the forum rules again, redneck Jr.

Snauhi said:
If France is not on the same side as USA does it mean that France is bad?

When a "leader" of one country yell to the world: "you are either with us, or against us"

"That is a warning sign"----georgesoros.

That is just so true this "black and white" view is stupid and dangerous.

Sorry about the rule breach.

Italian, I know that they are a big time headquarters of a lot of terrorist groups. This is why they cannot be a MAJOR player in the War on Terror. Not to mention weapons sales to people that American, British, Korean etc. troops might have to fight against.
No seriously... if the French sell key equipment that can turn a battle or cause heavy casualties on our people, shouldn't we hold the French accountable??? Accountable as in, well for messing up Europe in World War II, Germany was split so this time we're going to screw around with you as well.
Make them join Al Qaeda. Osama Bin Laden will be crying to us to take France back.

I didn't want to start a France bash-a-thon, but this is pretty bad what France has done. :x

whosewar2000 said:
Snauhi said:
If France is not on the same side as USA does it mean that France is bad?

When a "leader" of one country yell to the world: "you are either with us, or against us"

"That is a warning sign"----georgesoros.

That is just so true this "black and white" view is stupid and dangerous.

The quote you mentioned is misplaced, Bush was talking about the war on terror. And if memory serves, France is active in Afganistan.

It is nothing strange with this ....

• 1: Problem

2: Reaction

3: Solution

Cheers:
Doc.S
:| :viking:

:lol:

Your answer on this one is right!

:D

But it is the whole mening of it to!

;)

We may live in different countries but our leaders are all members of the same club and we the soldiers, civilians, we are all expendable. Leaders around the globe are all togheter on this one and the only one that have to opend there eyes to see this is you me our friends and familys.

"I can see!... Why cant you?!"

From a horror movie I have forget the name on.

:lol:

Best Regards:
Doc.S
:| :viking:

Seriously...

I see lot of France and China bashing. Same O' Same.

For some of you, it is ok to sell arms only base on United States discretion. Marginalize China's position, and keep significant advantage over China are what you want, right?

REMOVED

Mod edit: No.

France is a very important major power in Europe and world.

France is a very proud nation who does not want to follow orders from others.

France is smart I bet:

TODAY:

France's Chirac arrives in China
1 hour, 50 minutes ago Asia - AFP

CHENGDU, China (AFP) - French President Jacques Chirac arrived in the southwestern Chinese city of Chengdu for a four-day state visit centering on economic cooperation.

The presidential plane touched down at 10:00 pm (1400 GMT) at the airport in the capital of Sichuan province.

Chirac, making his third visit to China since he took office in 1995, and his wife Bernadette were welcomed by Vice President Zeng Qinghong.

On Saturday morning, the French leader will deliver a speech in Chengdu on the economic partnership between China and France, the main theme of a visit on which he is accompanied by around 50 industrialists.

French Foreign Minister Michel Barnier, Culture Minister Renaud Donnedieu de Vabres and External Commerce Minister Francois Loos are also on the trip, which includes the official start on Sunday of the Year of France in China event.

Chirac is due to arrive in Beijing on Saturday afternoon, where he will be met in the Great Hall of the People, adjacent to the Tiananmen Square by Chinese President Hu Jintao.

A number of contracts will be signed during the visit which may help to redress France's trade deficit with China, which currently stands at around six billion dollars.

France ranks as China's fourth-biggest trading partner in the European Union (news - web sites) and it wants to climb up the scale.

Bilateral exchanges stand at 13.4 billion dollars yet French companies hold only 1.2 percent of the Asian giant's vast emerging market.

French investment last year totalled 7.4 billion dollars compared to 10 billion dollars from Germany.

Deals in the offing include a possible purchase of Airbus aircraft by China Southern and Air China including Airbus' future giant A380 superjumbos and for French engineering group Alstom to provide 180 locomotives and 200 automatic subway trains.

In an interview with China News Service, Chirac said he would also make representations for a French project to build a high-speed train between Beijing and Shanghai.

A deal could also be signed for the construction of new nuclear power stations.

In political terms, the visit is aimed at reinforcing the "strategic partnership" between the two countries.

The French president will reaffirm his commitment to the "One China" principle that Taiwan is part of China, and his wish for a speedy end to a European Union's ban on arms sales to China.

Sunday will see the launch of the Year in China in France with two lightshows and a concert by French electronic music virtuoso Jean-Michel Jarre in the historic Forbidden City.

There will also be more than 100 events promoting French culture including concerts, exhibitions, cinema festivals and others, lasting until the end of July 2005.

Chirac's visit will continue with a stop in Shanghai on Monday and end with a trip to Hong Kong on Monday.

France favors lifting EU arms ban against China: Chirac
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2004-10/08/content_2065146.htm

phpY0jX4O.jpg

hu.jpg

French Foreign Policy seems to have one primary goal: Proving to the world that they are in no way controlled by the United States and that they are still very important globally. A worthy goal, but this has led them to do many things that seem quite silly and sometimes they'll do something that seems to make no sense at all. Its puzzling at times, but I hold nothing against the French if they hold nothing against me.

I think that would be taking it too far Redneck, though that IS the way the wind is blowing these days. France seems mostly interested in the appearance of their own power, their total independence from outside influence, etc. They are more of a diplomatic Wild Card - you never really know what they are going to do. The are currently on a longstanding diplomatic attack on the United States foreign policy, but they are still probably someone we can count on to help repell an enemy invasion of Europe.

Back