At least she meant well...

Toyuzu

Okay, here's my story: I'm stationed at FT. Richardson, Alaska. I live almost an hour from post though, so I have a bit of a commute while in garrison. That of course means that I have to wake up quite early. Usually between 0330 and 0430, depending on when I have to be at work.

I always go to work in my PT uniform and bring my ACU's and everything else I'll need for the day in my backpack. My wife took pity on me and my obvious lack of sleep, so she started doing little things to help, and save me time. One thing she decided to do was put my name tape, unit patches and airborne tabs, etc. on my ACU's so I didn't have to do it in the morning.

I gratefully slept an extra 10 minutes that morning, and drove in to post. After PT, I took my shower and put on my uniform without really looking very closely at it. Unfortunately, my squad leader did look closely at it, and promptly put me in the front leaning rest as I walked out of the building. I was completely confused, and he said I could push until I figured out what was wrong with my uniform. It was then that I looked at my chest and noticed that my wife had stuck on my PFC rank - upside down. :lol:

Back