At least one blast, maybe two in Oslo, Norway

In 90% of all modern terrorist attacks (in the West, here with Russia, it is different), it was done by Muslims. The IRA has not been active, really, for a couple decades. I cannot recall when Basque separatists in Spain strike for last time. Madrid bombings, London underground, etc, all Muslim terrorists.

Don't play the victim, brother.

I have been wizened by MontyB. I will not reply you now and open your eyes to what Isreal is doing to the Palestinians, the Russians are doing in Dagestan/Caucasus, and the slaughters in Iraq, Afghanistan and even Pakistan initiated by external forces. Let us mourn with the Norwegians for now, and I shall return to you later.

Any label you would like to put on him, it will stick somehow.

Christian, right-wing, radical, zionist, freemason, conservative, politician, born on the right side of the track, intelligent, anti-islam, did well at school, friendly, fit, and a coldblooded killer.

So Neo-Nazi could fit on him as well, but there's got to be more to it.

Oh, maybe I should say ex-freemason, as he was excluded from his lodge today.
Pro-Israel forums, as the outer right-wing forums he frequented has been busy cleaning up their sites, but I think we can still call him right-wing and zionist.
He formally withdrew from organized political work in 2007, I suppose to the relief of that political party today.
The church is not likely to condemn him, and he has claimed that he keep the lord thight to his heart, so I suppose we may still call him a sort of Christian in his own twisted way.

Come to think about it, most of the mentioned charactheristics fits on a lot of people, even respectable people in leading positions.
Suppose there's not much difference between him and a US Republican senator, except from the coldblooded killer thing that is.

And that's the one thing we know for sure, he is a coldblooded killer!

Yeah? Got em out of the bunch now. I heard on the radio I asked a question, not for one of your little high and mighty tirades.

According to the papers here he was out of ammo. If the other information (and pictures) is correct he used a Ruger Mini-14 - an M14 look-alike in 5.56 calibre.​

Latest update on that subject is that he had "plenty" of ammo left for both his weapons when he surrendered to the police Delta-group on the island og Utøya.
That is according to a police-source statement in the newspapers here.

The handgun is said to have been a 9 mm. Glock.
The rifle is most likely a Ruger Mini-14 fitted with scope, collapsable stock, and high-cap (30 rounds) magazines.

Some of the civilians who voluntered to pick up survivours from the water in the first stages og the massacre also mentioned a smoke-grenade, but that has not yet been confirmed through any official channels.

It's true that the firste reports said that he was out of ammo, but the police have confirmed today that he had quite a lot left when he got arrested.

If you say so....better that than having used even more on those poor people.​

In 90% of all modern terrorist attacks (in the West, here with Russia, it is different), it was done by Muslims. The IRA has not been active, really, for a couple decades. I cannot recall when Basque separatists in Spain strike for last time. Madrid bombings, London underground, etc, all Muslim terrorists.

Don't play the victim, brother.

“All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t”

Europol publishes an annual report entitled EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report. The results are stark, and prove decisively that not all terrorists are Muslims. In fact, a whopping 99.6% of terrorist attacks in Europe were by non-Muslim groups; a good 84.8% of attacks were from separatist groups completely unrelated to Islam. Leftist groups accounted for over sixteen times as much terrorism as radical Islamic groups. Only a measly 0.4% of terrorist attacks from 2007 to 2009 could be attributed to extremist Muslims.

It´s absurd to claim that “all terrorists are Muslims.” That statement is nowhere near the truth. Terrorism from Islamic extremists is certainly a cause for concern, but it need not be an issue that creates mass hysteria. Nor should it be allowed to be such a critical issue that we are willing to sacrifice our ideals or civil rights for fear of it. Neither should we be reduced to a status of absolute sissitude.

Last edited:
I have been wizened by MontyB. I will not reply you now and open your eyes to what Isreal is doing to the Palestinians, the Russians are doing in Dagestan/Caucasus, and the slaughters in Iraq, Afghanistan and even Pakistan initiated by external forces. Let us mourn with the Norwegians for now, and I shall return to you later.

North Caucasus is my home, mate. Don't start 'opening my eyes' about it, I know what goes on there better than you, I think. that is why I specifically pointed out that Russia is a different case. So is Israel. But, yes, let us mourn for now,

“All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t”

Europol publishes an annual report entitled EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report. The results are stark, and prove decisively that not all terrorists are Muslims. In fact, a whopping 99.6% of terrorist attacks in Europe were by non-Muslim groups; a good 84.8% of attacks were from separatist groups completely unrelated to Islam. Leftist groups accounted for over sixteen times as much terrorism as radical Islamic groups. Only a measly 0.4% of terrorist attacks from 2007 to 2009 could be attributed to extremist Muslims.

It´s absurd to claim that “all terrorists are Muslims.” That statement is nowhere near the truth. Terrorism from Islamic extremists is certainly a cause for concern, but it need not be an issue that creates mass hysteria. Nor should it be allowed to be such a critical issue that we are willing to sacrifice our ideals or civil rights for fear of it. Neither should we be reduced to a status of absolute sissitude.

I said in the West, particularly in Europe, most recent terror acts were done by Muslim extremists. Can you prove it is not so? Give me examples?

Please show some respect and keep all political, religious or other off-topic discussions out of this thread!
Thanks...

The number of missing people is still rising and is up to 46 now, so we still haven't seen the full extent of this tragedy yet.....
Already this is the worst shooting spree in history, 86 confirmed killed so far but as many as 120-130 may have been killed at Utøya, most of them kids and youths from 11 to 24 years old..

It may look like the bomb in Oslo was mostly "just" a diversion, so he could bind large police forces there and gain access to Utøya, that was his real target.
The time the bomb went off also suggests that he didn't want to kill as many people as he possibly could there.
The bomb went off at 15:20, and since this is summertime and on a friday many would have left their offices before 15:00 so if he had set it up a couple of hours earlier he would have killed many more in that blast as well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utu1BIGyW7w"]‪Worst shooting spree in history? 84 dead in Utoya, Norway massacre‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

It's true that the firste reports said that he was out of ammo, but the police have confirmed today that he had quite a lot left when he got arrested.

It seems it was important to him to be taken alive and prosecuted, enabling him to live with his message, including one of resurrecting The Knights Templar ready to lead against a coming Islamification threat to Europe. His immediate surrender would appear to be an intrisic part of his plan.

1.The time it took the small police force and an SF team to respond to the report of shooting is now estimated at nearer 60 minutes rather than the the initial estimate of 90 minutes. The Norwegian police had only an observation helicopter available. They could not get a RNoAF troop carrier anytime soon, so they set off by road for the 45-km trip. Once there they couldn't find a boat: one they commandeered sank. They took 60-minutes to arrive after being alerted; more time was lost before they got on to the island. An off-duty policeman on the island was among those killed. No idea if off-duty police carry their service handguns. It was ill luck for the security services all through.

2.The Norwegian police and troops did not kill the gunman. They surrounded him and asked him to throw down his weapons. He complied. No doubt they read him rights, and promised to bring his pink blankie, bunny slippers, and hot cocoa to him. Again, this is Norway and its for the Norwegians to decide how to approach/handle a gunman. On this account kudos to Norway. In most other places the gunman would have been shot as soon as he was sighted.

No idea if off-duty police carry their service handguns. It was ill luck for the security services all through.

Normal Norwegian police does not have a service gun. As an example, patrol cars may have guns in the baggage locker but they need an approval from the operations center to unseal them.​

1.The time it took the small police force and an SF team to respond to the report of shooting is now estimated at nearer 60 minutes rather than the the initial estimate of 90 minutes. The Norwegian police had only an observation helicopter available. They could not get a RNoAF troop carrier anytime soon, so they set off by road for the 45-km trip. Once there they couldn't find a boat: one they commandeered sank. They took 60-minutes to arrive after being alerted; more time was lost before they got on to the island. An off-duty policeman on the island was among those killed. No idea if off-duty police carry their service handguns. It was ill luck for the security services all through.

2.The Norwegian police and troops did not kill the gunman. They surrounded him and asked him to throw down his weapons. He complied. No doubt they read him rights, and promised to bring his pink blankie, bunny slippers, and hot cocoa to him. Again, this is Norway and its for the Norwegians to decide how to approach/handle a gunman. On this account kudos to Norway. In most other places the gunman would have been shot as soon as he was sighted.

The terrorbomb in Oslo naturally drew the focus of the entire country towards the city, every policeman available in that part of the country was then tasked with something in connection to the bomb.
So when the alarming messages of shooting on the summer camp came in, the police was faced with both a logistic dilemma, and a lack of intel.
The local police in the district around the island (another county) did respond quickly with whatever personel they had available, but upon arrival at the mainland above the island they were faced with the problem that they had no intel, and allthough they could have access to weapons (handguns and semi-auto MP5's) and protective gear like bulletproof vests and possibly helmets, they were not trained to deal with an unknown number of heavily armed terrorists.
Instead they started organizing transport, gathering intel, and taking care of the first survivors who managed to swim away from the nightmare on the island, while awaiting back-up and the arrival of a tactical policeunit, the Delta group.

As the Delta group was already deployed in Oslo, and there was no helicopters available for airlift, the obvious means of transport was by road.

It was reported that the first attempt to get accross to the island was hampered by a nearly swamped boat, and that one of the other boats had engine problems, it didn't start right away, the operation was delayed with about 9 minutes.

It's estimated that it took about 2-3 minutes from the Delta group landed on the island to the suspect was brought to surrender.

A friend of mine stated (his experiences while serving with a military unit who had some training with the Delta group) that the Delta group is extremely competent and focused.
His words: "They are machines with focus on their objective!"
Being ordered to take the shooter (at least one of them) alive, they did so, but there is no way that the shooter would have gotten away if he tried to opose them in any way.
And being arrested and manhandeled by those brutes can't be a pleasant experience.
As my friend said: "Unlike us, they are not bound by the Geneva convention..."

I suppose one reason to send in the Delta group could be that they wanted the shooter alive, nobody can tell for sure how regular policemen would have reacted upon discovering the amount of dead and wounded children piled up in the summer camp.

The policeman who was killed on the island was hired as a civilian guard, he had voluntered to organize the entrance control and the general "security" on the camp.
As this tasks was mostly to check that people who entered the island was a legitimate reason to come, looking after that the children didn't sneak away to go smoking or drinking alcohol, plus organizing fire watch, he was in plain civilian clothes and was naturaly unarmed.

Allthough it may seem soft to bystanders, I apreaciate the fact that the police, who was faced with chaos after the bomb went off in Oslo, wanted to apprehend the suspect for questioning.
There was no way to tell wether or not there was more bombs around waiting to go off, and if there was other terrorists in the area.

That's the essence of it as far as I have managed to gather from the news and other sources.

I don't know if I can call it good news or not since it's so tragic anyway, but the official number of killed on Utøya has been reduced to 68 by the police now, and 8 are now dead from the bombing in Oslo..
But many are still missing, so the real number is probably higher anyway... :(

Breivik has also claimed that there are two more "cells" in Norway, and that he has been in contact with several more in other countries.
But nothing of this has been verified yet, and some experts doubts that it's true.
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/26/norway.terror.attacks/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Breivik's attorney is seemingly going for his client's insanity. The question is if his client will go along with that. Sort of pulls the rug under him.​

Police sources has claimed that one of the reasons for sealing off the courthouse completely and keep the initial detention trial behind closed doors was not only beccause they didn't want Breivik to address the public by reading from his manuscript, but also to avoid any attempt to relay coded messages to a potential accomplice.

Domestic terrorism....

Every time I read that a sick feeling hits me, nothing good comes to mind.

Hearing news of an attack in your own country is worse...

I hope the very best for the victims and their families as well as all the good folks of Norway.:-(

Aslo it's just ridculous that this type of human behavior knows no bounds.

Does not take an expert to note that.

Back