At least one blast, maybe two in Oslo, Norway - Page 5

--
Boots

July 22nd, 2011  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prapor
Don't go by ethno/race, mate. Don't know of Norway, but over here, the Wahabis in Caucasus specifically try to recruit Slavic converts, because it is harder for police to pick them out.

I posted on that here: http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...at-t91141.html
It really doesn't match the targets, at least not the youth camp.
But anything is possible, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

The suspect is interrogated by the police now, so hopefully they'll get something from him tonight.
July 22nd, 2011  
rocky71

1. Although it is not correct to speculate before more details are known, it is really impossible not to.

2. There must be, like in any other nation, political divide in Norway also. How deep I would not know.

3. Norway hosts all kinds of asylum seekers. Some like the Sri Lankans may be unhappy with Norway for failing to end the Tamil crisis peacefully. Yes, Mossad would like to pressurize Norway not to get too close to the Palestinians.

4. Perhaps another right wing European group; who knows/

5. Where did he/they get the weapons and explosives. He is a trained and organized guy apparently.
July 22nd, 2011  
84RFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prapor
Don't go by ethno/race, mate. Don't know of Norway, but over here, the Wahabis in Caucasus specifically try to recruit Slavic converts, because it is harder for police to pick them out.

I posted on that here: http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...at-t91141.html

The few converts we have in Norway is mainly women married to muslims, the very few male converts we have are usually in their 50's and quite eager to promote Islam as a peacefull and nice religion.

It would surprise me if it turned out to be anything else than political terror, or an act of a lone mental-case.
In case of an organized group, it would be a rather small and unknown group.
--
Boots
July 22nd, 2011  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RFK
, or an act of a lone mental-case.
In case of an organized group, it would be a rather small and unknown group.
It has to be a small group of some sort, everything seems too well planned, prepared and well executed to be the work of just one (mad)man...
July 22nd, 2011  
84RFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky71
1. Although it is not correct to speculate before more details are known, it is really impossible not to.

2. There must be, like in any other nation, political divide in Norway also. How deep I would not know.

3. Norway hosts all kinds of asylum seekers. Some like the Sri Lankans may be unhappy with Norway for failing to end the Tamil crisis peacefully. Yes, Mossad would like to pressurize Norway not to get too close to the Palestinians.

4. Perhaps another right wing European group; who knows/

5. Where did he/they get the weapons and explosives. He is a trained and organized guy apparently.
1. As it's short before midnight here, most of the news released will be rehashed old-news and speculations from the different press agencies.

2. There is a political divide in Norway indeed, but it doesn't manifest itself like in the more southern countries, we're more the type of debate&discussion-people, except for the occational fist-fight when hot temper is fueled with alcohol.
An old joke goes like this:
The reason why we never had any revolution in Norway is that we had two different communist parties, and they never managed to agree on how to spell the word "revolution"...

3. We do import some problems, and we can be a bit controversial in international politics, but as Norwegians are infamous for stubborn behaviour, and not so easily scared, such an act would just backfire and result in even stronger determintaion.

4. That is a possibility, the border control has been stepped up according to the "outer Schengen" protocol, and cars are being searched on all border crossings.

5. The suspect in custody is 32 years old, as such he would most likely have military training as all conscripts had back then.
One of the weapons was a handgun identified by witnesses as a Glock 9 mm. wich is standard army issue here, could have been stolen from army stock, or illegaly imported/smuggeled into the country.
Explosives, could be home-made, civilian explosives wich was easily obtained in a legal manner until last year, or smuggeled into the country.

The joy of being in the Schengen zone and practicing the free-flow idea of the EU I suppose...
July 22nd, 2011  
84RFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
It has to be a small group of some sort, everything seems too well planned, prepared and well executed to be the work of just one (mad)man...
I must admit that the idea about one disgrunteled tax-payer doing it all by himself is rather far fetched, but one of my hobbies is to plan scenarioes like that, and it's actually possible.
But that excludes the raving lunatic, and then we're left with the option of a person who's either desperate or an over-confident sociopat.

A small group sounds more plausible, but it has to be really small and water thight as it has obviously avoided any detection.

I still don't get it, nobody at his sound senses would think for a minute that he could actually get away from the island of Utya after the shooting started.
So when he called for the boat to take him accross, and then pulled his gun, he must have known that it was a one-way ticket, either to a prison cell or an early grave.

And why shoot a lot of kids who had done nothing else wrong than showing some interest in politics?
July 22nd, 2011  
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RFK
And why shoot a lot of kids who had done nothing else wrong than showing some interest in politics?
Here in the States the Youth in the Camp were descibed as Children of the ruling Party Leaders, or something close to that. It may seem like a great idea to a Terrorist to target kids of the Party leadership for terror.
July 22nd, 2011  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
Here in the States the Youth in the Camp were descibed as Children of the ruling Party Leaders, or something close to that. It may seem like a great idea to a Terrorist to target kids of the Party leadership for terror.
No that is not correct.
It was the youth group for the Labour Party (Arbeiderpartiet) and not the kids of the party leadership that had a summer camp at that island.
Most political parties here in Norway have youth groups as well.
July 22nd, 2011  
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
No that is not correct.
It was the youth group for the Labour Party (Arbeiderpartiet) and not the kids of the party leadership that had a summer camp at that island.
Most political parties here in Norway have youth groups as well.
OK, wonder if a Terrorist could have confused it like the US Media did, same wrong source. Maybe not relevant to the event, just a thought!
July 22nd, 2011  
Redleg

Looks like the media here has got the name of the suspect from the shooting now, and there are already several facebook anti/hate pages created in his name, some of them with thousands of followers already and I can see that several hundreds more are joining every minute now..
I wont post the name here now, but it wont be very hard for you to find it online...

The police have raided/searched an appartement owned by him in Oslo tonight, and it seems like he's been calling himself a "nationalist" in several online communities/forums so the "Lone-wolf"/madman(men) theory may have been correct....