At least one blast, maybe two in Oslo, Norway

1. This is a national tragedy for Norway, a peace loving nation with whom no one seems to have any issues. We so far away can only condole.

2. Something I note and must share. About a month or two back, Western media / security services would have rushed to lay blame on Islamic terrorists. This is absent here. Are we seeing a paradigm shift in West's policy towards the Muslims?

This is a national tragedy indeed, we're a small country, and most of us know someone who is affacted by this.

Islamic terrorism was among the considered alternatives during the first hours of this tragic event, but as the shootings on the summer-camp didn't fit with the typical picture, and reports of an allegded shooter with a nordic appearance surfaced, the idea of Islamic terrorism seemed less likely.
I rarely feel any sympathy for politicians, but this time I must give them all credits for not trying to tie this to their political agenda and try to gain publicity on it.

We shall blame the ones who are guilty, and allthough some obscure Islamic terrorist groups initially claimed the responsibility, there are no sign of any Islamic terrorist activity connected to this event.

The police suspects that it can be at least one more person, but it's not confirmed yet.
Vitnesses from the island claims to have seen at least two shooters, but the other one wasn't dressed as a police officer..

1. Isn't it strange that 22 July is the exact date when King David Hotel bombings took place. There also strangely 91 people died. (executed by Irgun which was a "National Military Organization in the Land of Israel" a Zionist paramilitary group. Irgun is the mother of today's government party in Israel = Likud with PM Benjamin Netanyahu as its leader.). King David Hotel bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

King David Hotel bombing was an attack carried out by the militant right-wing Zionist underground organization Irgun on the King David Hotel in Jerusalem on 22 July 1946.[1][2] 91 people of various nationalities were killed and 46 were injured.

2.According to what I have read this far, the perpetrator sympathizes with Zionist ideology and he is anti-Islamic. The ruling Party in Norway is sympathetic towards the Palestinian cause. His motivations seems to have been driven by ideology. He was not a mad man. (Why is it that when Muslims are driven by ideology it is Islamic terrorism; when it is Christian it is just a mad man?)

3. There are smart photos of this man in the media showing him in full Freemason regalia.

4. But let us wait. More deaths are suspected. I shall go along with 84RFK who believes Norwegians are not going to politicize this senseless massacre. If politicians don't attempt to gain politically by twisting facts then the truth shall come out.

4. But let us wait. More deaths are suspected. I shall go along with 84RFK who believes Norwegians are not going to politicize this senseless massacre. If politicians don't attempt to gain politically by twisting facts then the truth shall come out.

I have to say that your whole post was an example of twisted politisation in itself, mostly inappropriate to this tragic affair .

I prefer to offer my sincere condolences to Norway, and to make it clear that I stand on my previous condemnation of such a heinous crime, regardless of whether those responsible whoever they may be, fundamentalist Christians or not. It is good that in fact it is not connected to Jihadist terrorism as early reports had suggested.

Norway's attitude is remarkable and admirable.

Last edited:
The last count is 92 casualties, 7 in Oslo and 85 on Utøya (the camp island) so far.
They have searched in and around the lake with specially trained dogs, and they are going to bring up a ROV for underwater search tomorrow.

There are still youth and children missing, and we fear that a number of them has either been shot in the water, or drowned while trying to swim away form the massacre.

The tragic thing is that many of the kids who managed to strip out of their clothes were hit by bullets in the water, while the ones who tried swimming with their clothes still on were dragged deeper down in the water and thus avoided the bullets (shielded by the water) only to drown instead.
Only the physical strong made it to the other side.
Others were just swimming out of reach of the shooter, and sucumbed to exposure due to the long period of time spendt in the water.
Between 15-20 degrees temperature is more than our organism can stand over an extended period.

I'm afraid we haven't seen the end of the tragedy yet.

I have to say that your whole post was an example of twisted politisation in itself, mostly inappropriate to this tragic affair .

I prefer to offer my sincere condolences to Norway, and to make it clear that I stand on my previous condemnation of such a heinous crime, regardless of whether those responsible whoever they may be, fundamentalist Christians or not. It is good that in fact it is not connected to Jihadist terrorism as early reports had suggested.

Norway's attitude is remarkable and admirable.

1.I believe you jumped in to condemn my post without a proper reading. Pray, in what way have I been political in my approach?

2. For a nation of only 5.50 mlln, loosing so many - and most of them youth, is a heavy loss. I believe their Police will have a tough time solving this case, because they are simply not used to these things in any degree. I haven't seen many policemen in Oslo.

3. If anyone has been insensitive and politicking in this issue it is the British. Initially BBC gave this news in the headline. But after a Christian terrorist was discovered, they have moved this down the line. Therefore, I have to feel that if the perpetrator had been Muslim this news would have been blared about for weeks by BBC. Hasn't that been happening?

You know what I agree with most of what you are saying but I am not sure this is the right time for political and religious battles to enter this thread.

In a week or so the story will piece itself together and we will know more of what was behind the attack right now however it is all mostly guess work.

I have to feel that if the perpetrator had been Muslim this news would have been blared about for weeks by BBC. Hasn't that been happening?

In 90% of all modern terrorist attacks (in the West, here with Russia, it is different), it was done by Muslims. The IRA has not been active, really, for a couple decades. I cannot recall when Basque separatists in Spain strike for last time. Madrid bombings, London underground, etc, all Muslim terrorists.

Don't play the victim, brother.

You know what I agree with most of what you are saying but I am not sure this is the right time for political and religious battles to enter this thread.

In a week or so the story will piece itself together and we will know more of what was behind the attack right now however it is all mostly guess work.

Thank you; you are right. I had been provoked.

So now I'm hearing the shooter may be a Neo-Nazi?

Any label you would like to put on him, it will stick somehow.

Christian, right-wing, radical, zionist, freemason, conservative, politician, born on the right side of the track, intelligent, anti-islam, did well at school, friendly, fit, and a coldblooded killer.

So Neo-Nazi could fit on him as well, but there's got to be more to it.

Oh, maybe I should say ex-freemason, as he was excluded from his lodge today.
Pro-Israel forums, as the outer right-wing forums he frequented has been busy cleaning up their sites, but I think we can still call him right-wing and zionist.
He formally withdrew from organized political work in 2007, I suppose to the relief of that political party today.
The church is not likely to condemn him, and he has claimed that he keep the lord thight to his heart, so I suppose we may still call him a sort of Christian in his own twisted way.

Come to think about it, most of the mentioned charactheristics fits on a lot of people, even respectable people in leading positions.
Suppose there's not much difference between him and a US Republican senator, except from the coldblooded killer thing that is.

And that's the one thing we know for sure, he is a coldblooded killer!

One of the wounded from the youth camp died at the hospital last night, so the number of killed is now 93..
But it may be even worse then that since 25 people are still reported missing, so the tragedy continues to grow.... :(

Just an hour before the bombing Anders Breivik published a 1500 pages long manifesto explaining i detail how he had planned this, and a lot of the content has been copied and re-written from the manifesto of the UNA-bomber Ted Kaczynskis.
Another strange thing here is that Breivik surrendered to the police at once when they arrived at the island, no resistance at all even if he had quite a lot of ammunition left.

Another strange thing here is that Breivik surrendered to the police at once when they arrived at the island, no resistance at all even if he had quite a lot of ammunition left.

According to the papers here he was out of ammo. If the other information (and pictures) is correct he used a Ruger Mini-14 - an M14 look-alike in 5.56 calibre.​

Back