At least one blast, maybe two in Oslo, Norway

I suppose it may have been a far right group... I mean, here in Russia we've had a few bombings by ultra-nationalists. But, here at least, when the nationalists use terror, they usually target either places where there are guarranteed to be lots of minority people, especially Muslims (hostels where Central Asian migrants are staying; halal shops; street markets, as many vendors are Muslim Azerbaijanis); or security forces objects (police buildings, or vehicles usually).

Plus, do Norwegian far-right groups have the skills or the resources to pull off something like this? I am only saying, because I know European nationalist grousp are not nearly as strong, or as hard-core as here...

Last update from the police:
The youth camp shooter (if he was alone) is under arrest, and the police know his identity.
No further info about his identity and nationality is given, but the police claim that he is connected to the bombing in Oslo.

I suppose it may have been a far right group... I mean, here in Russia we've had a few bombings by ultra-nationalists. But, here at least, when the nationalists use terror, they usually target either places where there are guarranteed to be lots of minority people, especially Muslims (hostels where Central Asian migrants are staying; halal shops; street markets, as many vendors are Muslim Azerbaijanis); or security forces objects (police buildings, or vehicles usually).

Plus, do Norwegian far-right groups have the skills or the resources to pull off something like this? I am only saying, because I know European nationalist grousp are not nearly as strong, or as hard-core as here...

Norwegian right-wing groups are poorly organized and generally have very limited resources, plus the most extremist of them would be on pair with Russian pocket-thieves and shoplifters in comparison.

Traditionally the police have hit any sign of extremist growth on the right-wing with a hard blow and qualmed it before they turn into any potential threath.
Except for a small nazi-cell who executed two of their own (leaving only 3 living members in the group) in the early -80's, the right-wing organisations in Norway has been limited to knife-stabbing and beating/kicking.

No we don't have that at all here, the far-right groups here have been almost non-existent the last 10-15 or so years so I'm sure it's not them.

An eye-vitness claims that it may be as many as 20-30 killed in the shooting now, but the info from that island is very chaotic so we really dont know much from there yet.

But the island is very small, and many of the youths did try to swim over to the main-land trying to escape the shooter so the police don't have control there at all yet.
Around 650 youths where at this small island, so they had nowhere to escape or hide when the shooter started.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=no&l...344,10.249708&sspn=0.008566,0.027874&t=h&z=16

Witnesses report that the alledged shooter was about 190 cm. tall, slim, fair hair, with nordic apearance, and speaking Norwegian with a local accent.
I'm rather puzzeled about this.

No we don't have that at all here, the far-right groups here have been almost non-existent the last 10-15 or so years so I'm sure it's not them.

Is there an organization in Norway like our RNE (Russian National Unity), which is structured and functions, basically, like a military force with, by different estimates, from 25,000 to up to 100,000 members, that, esseantially, though the government won't admit it, control large swaths of rural areas in the Ural and West Siberian regions?
3ec98be4af79.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg
20444463_sap8102.jpg
20724704_sapsan02.jpg
20444516_sapsan00.jpg
20444555_sapsan19.jpg
20444607_rukop5.jpg
20444645_sapsan08.jpg
20444678_start1.jpg
20444750_shoot3.jpg
3be55179b7d8.jpg
They separate themselves into 'brigades', each headed by experienced 'commanders', usually former military men, and many are from elite Guard (Marines, Paratroopers), or Special (Specnaz MVD, FSB, Specnaz GRU [military], Border Troops Green Berets) units. They basically control fairly large areas of the East, particularly North-East, there are entire towns there, where RNE paramilitary units act as police, and regular Russian police won't go in there.

They know how to use bombs, and do so, on a fairly regular basis.

In Norway though, as far as is my understanding, this is not the case, they do not have such groups. That is why I am sceptic of this being the wark of a Norwegian far right group.

No, this has to be a message from the Wahabits. Norwegian troops are in Afghan, no? I think that is why.

No such thing here Prapor.

The few right-wing extremists who tried to organize any training with weapons were quickly tracked and split up by the police.

What puzzled me here is:
1. The police claims that the arrested shooter is linked to the bombing in Oslo.
2. Witnesses said that the shooter looked like a Norwegian/nordic male in his 30-40's.
3. The shootings took place on a small island with very limited possibility for the shooter to escape.

The idea of such a suicidal type of attack doesn't match with right-wing extremists at all, and I'm starting to belive that this si some kind of mentally unstabile lone-wolf who simply went berserk.

Vitnesses says that there may have been more then one shooter, the official number of killed on that island is 10 now but there may be more then that.

No such thing here Prapor.

The few right-wing extremists who tried to organize any training with weapons were quickly tracked and split up by the police.

What puzzled me here is:
1. The police claims that the arrested shooter is linked to the bombing in Oslo.
2. Witnesses said that the shooter looked like a Norwegian/nordic male in his 30-40's.
3. The shootings took place on a small island with very limited possibility for the shooter to escape.

The idea of such a suicidal type of attack doesn't match with right-wing extremists at all, and I'm starting to belive that this si some kind of mentally unstabile lone-wolf who simply went berserk.

But are the two attacks actually connected? Do we know that for sure?

The same fake policeman may have been observed at the site of the bombing just before the bomb(s) went off, and some experts here are actually suggesting that this might be the work of right-wing extremists but there has been no official comments about that yet at all.

The fake policeman arrested suspected for the shooting at the youth camp is as 84RFK posted according to witnesses 190 cm. tall, slim, fair hair, with nordic appearance so this doesn't look like the work of an extreme islamistic group.
The attack at the youth camp doesn't suggest this either, so it is actually possible that this is the work of a madman (or a few madmen) attacking the "power center" of Norway and the leading political party.
And I've just read that some experts are comparing todays tragic events with the Oklahoma-bombing in 1995....

Well Prapor.

I believe Redleg answered your question there.

At the moment it seems like it was the work of either 1 person, or alternatively a small group, and that it was most likely an act of political terrorism rather than religious.

New press conference now where they confirm that they also have found several undetonated bombs on the island where the shooting took place.
They are also searching through the island now and it seems like they have found more killed then the 10 confirmed until now, so the tragedy is getting worse....
The arrested man is 32 years old and a Norwegian (ethnic) citizen, they can not confirm if he was alone or not yet.

But it seems like this is well planned attack, so it is very likely that he wasn't alone.

New press conference now where they confirm that they also have found several undetonated bombs on the island where the shooting took place.

They are also searching through the island now and it seems like they have found more killed then the 10 confirmed until now, so the tragedy is getting worse....

gazeta.ru says that Norwegian police says 10 dead at the camps, but some witnesses claim they have seen 20, and one even 30 bodies...
http://www.gazeta.ru/news/lenta/2011/07/22/n_1935781.shtml

What a terrible and unwarranted act by any standard whatsoever. Absolutely perverse and criminal. Reportedly claimed by Jihadist group; and for WHAT? for Danish cartoons as claimed? If so, unbelievably disgusting.

Last edited:
On some Russian forums there are claims that these attacks are the work of Israeli Mossad, because Norway was (maybe still is?) going to recognize a Palestinian state...

gazeta.ru says that Norwegian police says 10 dead at the camps, but some witnesses claim they have seen 20, and one even 30 bodies...
http://www.gazeta.ru/news/lenta/2011/07/22/n_1935781.shtml

Yes that is correct.
The official number is still 10, but at the press conference they said that they expected this numer to rise when they have searched through the island, so the number may be as high as 20-30.

What a terrible and unwarranted act by any standard whatsoever. Absolutely perverse and criminal. Reportedly claimed by Jihadist group; and for WHAT? for Danish cartoons! If so, unbelievably disgusting.

There are some unconfirmed reports that Al-qaida has taken responsibility for the attacks, but nothing official on that yet and that doesn't match the person who has been arrested now, a 32 years old ethnic Norwegian.

Yes that is correct.
The official number is still 10, but at the press conference they said that they expected this numer to rise when they have searched through the island, so the number may be as high as 20-30.

And all young children? This is almost like Beslan all over again...

The police has confirmed 10 casualties on the island of the youth camp, but there are several persons missing, and they fear that the number of casualties will increase.
As there is discovered unexploded ordnance on the island, the fine-search has been slowed down a bit.
The fact that several of the kids jumped into the water in order to swim to safety, or simply to avoid being shot, complicates the search a great deal.
Victims who managed to swim to safety on the shore has told the media that they swam while the bullets hailed around them in the water.

The tradegy is hard to fathom, but as the youngest kids was around 13-14 years of age gives you an idea..

There are some unconfirmed reports that Al-qaida has taken responsibility for the attacks, but nothing official on that yet and that doesn't match the person who has been arrested now, a 32 years old ethnic Norwegian.

Don't go by ethno/race, mate. Don't know of Norway, but over here, the Wahabis in Caucasus specifically try to recruit Slavic converts, because it is harder for police to pick them out.

I posted on that here: http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/new-threat-t91141.html

And all young children? This is almost like Beslan all over again...

Kids in ages ranging from 13 to about 22 years I believe.

Some were shot, and found on the island during the first sweep, but a number may have been shot in the water, or drowned during the attempt to swim to the mainland.

Some may even be hiding still, in fear of anyone wearing a police uniform, or wounded and unconcious in the bushes.

Back