At least one blast, maybe two in Oslo, Norway - Page 11

--
Boots

July 27th, 2011  
Redleg

Oslo Central Railway Station has just been evacuated after a suspisious acting man left a suitcase in a bus there.
I think this is the 4th bomb alert we've had so far, so everyone is really on the edge here right now.
Hopefully this is nothing as well....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...76Q12L20110727
July 27th, 2011  
84RFK

It seems like they gotten hold of the owner of the mysterious suitcase, and that the railway station now open for traffic again.
July 31st, 2011  
Redleg

The complete list of the killed in this terrorist attack has been released here:
https://www.politi.no/Kampanje_70.xhtml
I unfortunately know some names on that list, and some are friends of friends, friends of some in my family, some of them are kids of people I know both from work and elsewhere....
It's really hard to look at all of the photos here seeing that most of the victims was just kids.......
http://www.nrk.no/minnetavle/

The total number is 77, 8 from the bomb blast and 69 from the shooting at Utya..

The Police have (thankfully) no experience with tragedies of this size so the first days was quite chaotic for them so that's the reason for the difference between the first numbers they released and the real number...

It also looks like it's pure luck that the number of killed isn't much higher as well.
Initially he planned 3 bombs in total but didn't have time to make more then one.
He also planned to detonate the bomb earlier on that day, when a lot more people would have been in their offices, but he got delayed in traffic.....
He alo got delayed in traffic up to Utya, so that may also have saved lives up there.
--
Boots
August 2nd, 2011  
84RFK

I just came back (a few hours ago) from a trip down south to my old home town.
Life seemed to go on there, allthough in a slower pace than before, but that was untill I found the old monument in the town square covered in flowers and candles.
There was some few youngsters standing around in silence, and while I didn't know what to do at the moment, I crouched down in order to relight a few of the candles that had been blown out by the wind.
While I was doing that, a youngster in his early twenties appeared, pale and clearly affected by something, and started putting up new torches in place of the ones who had burned out.
After doing that, he stood behind me, sobbing heavily and whispering through the tears, over and over again.
"She will come back, right?"
His friends, gathered around him in an effort to give him some kind of comfort, as well as I, all knew that she was not going to come back, but who could tell him...
The news only became official the next day.
Last thing I noticed before I left town was that he's still there, as every evening, straight from work, and replaces the burned out torches.
August 2nd, 2011  
Team Infidel

Life has to go on.... trust me... soon, you will become numb.
August 6th, 2011  
84RFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Infidel
Life has to go on.... trust me... soon, you will become numb.
Life must go on, but I do hope that we do not become numb.
That would be the first step on the way to indifference, and I think we owe our lost ones more than that.
December 20th, 2011  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RFK
Life must go on, but I do hope that we do not become numb.
That would be the first step on the way to indifference, and I think we owe our lost ones more than that.
I am so sorry 84RFK, my thoughts are with you and your people.
July 22nd, 2012  
Redleg

One year has passed today...

RIP to everyone killed in this terrible tragedy, and my thoughts also goes to all of the families who lost their loved ones that day...

People have been gathering all around the country today to mark the one year anniversary for the terrorist attack.
http://www.norwaypost.no/news/the-na...ary-27209.html

The trial is over, and the terrorist will get his sentence announced August 24...

July 22nd, 2012  
Freyja

22/7 - 2011

All my love and compassion goes you my Norwegian brothers and sisters on this day.

Hvil i fred.
July 22nd, 2012  
Sara

My heart goes out to the families of these children and knowing that they will never be forgotten is a comfort to them. Life goes on but we never forget. My hope is that time has healed some of their pain.