LEAST favourite ration pack item?

SigPig

As an adjunct to my previous question...

What was the most repellent, nastiest, most disgustipatin' food item in your ration pack?

In the Canadian ration pack, I think the hands-down winner was the infamous Ham Omelet -- know colloquially to its victims as "lung in a bag".

One of the lads on my recruit course got it in his breakfast ration pack. No one would trade anything for it. He then asked if he could scarf someone's ketchup -- he was going to cook one of his combat gloves on the stove instead of having the Ham Omelet.

Ham Omelet disappeared shortly after they started putting quality-control questionnaires in the packs.

J.

Unlike the c-ration days, the ham omelette in the MRE was disgusting as well. Must've made the same thing for the Canadians.

The most disgusting non-entre item was the fruitcake hockey puck.

Beef Ki-Si-Ming. It's supposed to be like a canned stir fry. But it's more like a brown, synthetic meat paste with peas in it. Odd considering the rest of the items in the Rat Packs are bearable.

Ham and Eggs, I like to call it "throw up in a can". Thank god they got rid of it a while ago.

In the Canadian IMP's (Individual Meal Pakage) it has to be the bread. They compact an entire loaf of bread into something the size of a small sponge. They taste so gross and are so filling. Makes me wanna puke.

Hmmm the Honey that they throw in it, with the warning on the bag that it is non edible,
Or the Scallop potatoes and Ham, that looks like vomit, and coincidentally tastes like it too

pte_clarke said:
In the Canadian IMP's (Individual Meal Pakage) it has to be the bread. They compact an entire loaf of bread into something the size of a small sponge. They taste so gross and are so filling. Makes me wanna puke.

The bread's actually pretty good. You'll get used to it eventually.

My least favorite item would have to be the 'Brick'...also known as Baked Cherry.

pte_clarke said:

Actually, I found te bread disgusting when cold. An infanteer told me to put the unopened package in the pot with the IMPs and cook them. Actually rather sweet and moist when hot, like a whole-wheat bagel. When it cooled down, it got coarse and oily-tasting again.

Any Canadians out there old enough to remember "rye crackers" in the yellow foil package? We used to use them in defensive roles in the days before kevlar.

UMM MY BROTHER FED ME THE CHILI MACARONI....COLD....IF THATS SUPOSE TO BE ONE OF THE GOOD ONES ICK!!!!! :m1:

Xo Megan <3
motosmall.jpg
hottsupersmall.jpg

My Brother Is My Hero
unismall.jpg

It would definitely have to be tabasco sauce. What is there in a ration pack that you would possibly want to put tabasco sauce on.

Back