At least 1,850 killed in Baghdad last month

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Media: AFP
Byline: n/a
Date: 10 August 2006

BAGHDAD, Aug 10, 2006 (AFP) - Baghdad's main morgue handled the corpses of
1,850 people from its immediate region last month, most of them gunshot
victims, Iraqi health ministry spokesman Qasim Yahia told AFP Thursday.

I think that we are in the way for self government to take place. Don't you remember what the U.S. had to go through to get it's freedom? Lots and lots of war. Even a Civil War. It helps iron out differences. I am not an advocate of it, but some countries just need it.

Team Infidel said:
I think that we are in the way for self government to take place. Don't you remember what the U.S. had to go through to get it's freedom? Lots and lots of war. Even a Civil War. It helps iron out differences. I am not an advocate of it, but some countries just need it.

it is cold that after 1,850 people were killed, you made a comment like that.

I smell a civil war brewing over there, and I kind of welcome it at this point

I hope what you smell is wrong, because civil war means hundred thousands of innocent people will die, civil war will turn Iraq into a hell, civil war will help terriorsts keep attacking US soldiers without worrying about if they can recruit new guys, and civil war in Iraq will curb oil corporation's effort of pursuing more wealth from oil field. since civil war can bring so many shit to Iraq, I am really confused how anybody could possibly welcome it?

Last edited:
Maybe it is cold, but the hundreds of thousands that died for this country in it's infantile state would be satisfied where it is now.

And the millions that died during WWI and II.... Unfortunately it is a small price to pay.

you can just keep your COOL attitude about this whole thing, but the fact that 1,850 people were killed within one month is just too COLD to accept.
btw, did anybody know who is ****ing responsible for most of killing, the religious conflict or al-qaida's attack?

You know what... until you go there and experience the HELL that is Iraq, don't tell me that I have a "cool attitude" about what is going on.

This country and region have been like this for thousands of years. Yes it is mostly a religious conflict, and yes there is an AQZ influence there.

I would rather have them kill each other than Coalition soldiers.

did you tell me after you experienced plenty of :cens: things and finished your military duty in Iraq aka :cens: hole, you lost your feeling about what is going on in there? I'd rather have terriorsts and religious freaks keep killing each other rather than innocent people and coalition soldiers.

Mod edit:Rule7 - Watch your language!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I lose my feeling about what is going on over there? No, of course not. But look back through history and see what kind of collateral damage that was inflicted by all sides. Compare that to this war... it is a fraction of what families and innocents went through... And this wasn't hundreds of years, this was my grandfathers wars.

I've never been to Iraq, but I indeed read there are lots of horrible things in Iraq from the newspaper. if you are a veteran who did serve in Iraq, I will start understand a little bit about why you have a such tone when you talk about some Iraqi issues.

Last edited:
Don't believe everything you hear in the media. They report what they want to and what what will sell papers. There is so much more going on in Iraq then what is being reported.. Ask any vet, they will tell you the same thing. What happens on the individual soldier level will never be understood by the mainstream public.

I served with MNF-I Detainee Operations.

at this point, I kind of agreed with you about newspaper. I admit I will never understand how veterans really feel about this war. the reason that I don't like your tone is because I just can't understand why you don't have any sad feeling after you posted the story that 1,850 people were killed in one month.
btw,it is good that you did survive in this war. I mean it.

believe it or not... 1,850 is about average for the number of people over there. some of those a-holes were killing more than that.

I don't want to be emotionally involved. So if that seems cold, I am sorry, but that is the way I am when it comes to that hole.

you know, I love freedom and democracy, and I hate ****ing dictatorship, so at the beginning of this war, even though there were lots of people who didn't like the idea of invading Iraq, I insisted to believe that the action of getting rid of Sadam's evil regime is a right thing to do, but several years passed by, the situation in Iraq is so chaotic that I start to think if the price of freedom and democracy is just too high?

Last edited:
Democracy must be earned by the blood of a country's own people. Look at all democratic societies in operation today... this is their common factor- their own people fought each other and earned their freedoms.

Back