Leafs trade for Yanic Perreault

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor

Associated Press

TORONTO - The Toronto Maple Leafs reacquired forward Yanic Perreault from the Phoenix Coyotes on Tuesday for defenseman Brendan Bell and a second-round draft pick.
The 35-year-old Perreault has 19 goals and 14 assists in 49 games. This will be his third stint with the Maple Leafs.
"I'm a little surprised," Perreault said. "I didn't know if I was re-signing with Phoenix or if they were going to trade me. But I'm happy, I've enjoyed playing in Toronto. It's where I scored my first NHL goal."
Perreault was drafted by the Leafs in 1991, played 13 games for them in 1993-94 and was traded to Los Angeles in 1994.
The Kings traded him back to Toronto in 1999. He spent a little more than two seasons with the Leafs in his second go-round before signing with Montreal as a free agent.
He's expected to be in Toronto's lineup when they play in New Jersey on Friday night.
"He's got 19 goals and he's one of the best faceoff men in the league," Toronto general manager John Ferguson said.
Ferguson confirmed that the club has re-signed forward Darcy Tucker, who has been out of the lineup since Jan. 2 with a broken ankle. The deal is reportedly four years for $12 million.

Back