Leadership

Redneck

I believe this is new (couldn't find it on the site). Good thing to keep in mind for those of us who hope to lead men one day.

A dead soldier who has given his life because of the failure of his leader is a dreadful sight before God. Like all dead soldiers, he was tired, possibly frightened to his soul, and there he is on top of all that never again to see his homeland. Don’t be the one who failed to instruct him properly, who failed to lead him well. Burn the midnight oil, so that you may not in later years look upon your hands and find his blood still red upon them.
- James Warner Bellah

Another one:

If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors.
- Carl Schurz

nice new quotes Redneck.
Thanks! :D

I'll try to remember to add them the next time I update the site.
Next weekend maybe, going away at a course this week.

Nevermind. My mistake. For some reason I was thinking of this one while reading yours.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stewart Mill

Ok, I did put that one in my other post, but if you look at the end, I also included the last sentence on that paragraph, longer quote than what's on the site.

Back