Leadership Activities

well i have a battalion there are 3 companies 8 platoons in total 2 plattons in headquarters comapny 3 platoons in alfa company and 3 platoons in bravo company im in alfa there are 30 to 35 cadets in each platoon so i have about 95 to 110 cadets in my company

Trevor said:
Group is larger than a wing. GpCapt is a higher rank then WgCdr.

Army-Air Force
Brigade=Group
Battalion=Wing
Company/Regiment=Squadron
Platoon=Flight
Section=Element

I am pretty sure a wing is higher then a group. Many groups make a wing, many wings make an AF? But I am pretty sure that a group is under a wing.

I say this because in CAP I was NJ Wing and in Group 225. So my succession went:

Nat'l CAP
North-East Region
NJ Wing
Group 225
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

In AFROTC I go this:

Nat'l AFROTC
Southwest Region
Detachment 028 (Wing)
13th Operations Group
13th Operations Squadron
Echo Flight

airmanpatroler said:
Do you canadians use the english system whatever that is

You mean the metric system?

Also, I take offense to you saying "you canadians"! I am canadian too, give respect!

HAH! I found it. The definition of an air group is right in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets drill manual!!

Air Group: A military formation of 2 or more WINGS, and supporting formations.

The air force equivilant to a brigade.

Plus, I am part of 746 squadron, fraser valley wing, Vancouver Air Group.

And yes, we DO use the metric system, like the rest of the world.

Im having a problem with my squadron. We have a new merit demerit thing because some of the cadets are immatre and every so often we have uniform inspections which I have no problem with but what i do have a problem with are the unwritten rules that we have to follow who says we have to follow them if they are not in the 39-1? CAP needs to put more regulations ... expand if you will and include some of those rules because Im getting marked down for not knowing these unwritten rules and regulations.

Maybe a new thread for this would be good....so while you're at it, explain what these "unwrittin rules amd regs" are so we can be of better help without haveing to type a whole lot and realize there was no need to in the end.

airmanpatroler said:
Im having a problem with my squadron. We have a new merit demerit thing because some of the cadets are immatre and every so often we have uniform inspections which I have no problem with but what i do have a problem with are the unwritten rules that we have to follow who says we have to follow them if they are not in the 39-1? CAP needs to put more regulations ... expand if you will and include some of those rules because Im getting marked down for not knowing these unwritten rules and regulations.

Rules like what?

rules like on the blues the cover goes on the left side of the belt where is that in the 39-1? And i almost got a demerit for that.

you can ask the commader of the squadnent if you can play in a big square with a yellow cups as borandes then put paper plats in the center of the yellow cups then bild fold the person who is going in it then yet the people guard him thwor the Mines if the guys steps on one he has to restart

Turner said:
you can ask the commader of the squadnent if you can play in a big square with a yellow cups as borandes then put paper plats in the center of the yellow cups then bild fold the person who is going in it then yet the people guard him thwor the Mines if the guys steps on one he has to restart

Wait... you lost me at the squadsomethingoranother...

Start over, take your time, and most of all, BREATHE! (add commas, and periods..)

To learn how to listen and lead your cadets i think you sould. Set up a mine field like in a square like yellow cups in a sqaure then put paper plates, Then put a blind fold on the person who is going in the mine fold then, make 2vs2 so one person in the mine field and the other people tell him diction like half a step right and the one step forwad to the rear and stuff.

Oh, like if you put down your randomly, and then pretended they were mines. SO basically, you would use facing movements to manuever the other person through the mines... I hope thats right - sounds similar to something we did at encampment.

Back