Leader: 'Israel Will Be Wiped Out'

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Miami Herald
December 13, 2006
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that Israel will one day be 'wiped out' just as the Soviet Union was.
By Ali Akbar Dareini, Associated Press
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's hard-line president said Tuesday that Israel will one day be "wiped out" as the Soviet Union was, drawing applause from participants in a conference casting doubt on the Holocaust.
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's comments were likely to further fuel the outcry prompted by the two-day gathering, which has gathered some of Europe's and the United States' best-known Holocaust deniers.
Ahmadinejad appeared to revel in his meeting Tuesday, shaking hands with American participants and sitting near six anti-Israel Jewish participants, dressed in black ultra-Orthodox coats and hats.
''The Zionist regime will be wiped out soon the same way the Soviet Union was, and humanity will achieve freedom,'' Ahmadinejad said during Tuesday's meeting in his offices, according to the official IRNA news agency.
He called for elections among ``Jews, Christians and Muslims so the population of Palestine can select their government and destiny for themselves in a democratic manner.''
Ahmadinejad has used anti-Israeli rhetoric and cast doubt on the Holocaust to rally anti-Western supporters at home and abroad, particularly in Asia and the Middle East.
Several times he has referred to the Holocaust as a ''myth'' used to impose the state of Israel on the Arab world.
''The Holocaust is the device used as the pillar of Zionist imperialism, Zionist aggression, Zionist terror and Zionist murder,'' David Duke, a former Ku Klux Klan leader and former state representative in Louisiana, told The Associated Press.
Ahmadinejad announced the conference would set up a ''fact-finding commission'' to determine whether the Holocaust happened or not.
The commission will ''help end a 60-year-old dispute,'' he said.
The Tehran conference was touted by participants and organizers as an exercise in academic freedom and a chance to openly consider whether six million Jews really died in the Holocaust, away from Western taboos and the restrictions imposed on scholars in Europe.

These knuckleheads have proven time and time again that they have no interest in peace.

Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition. If the SHTF and the USA doesn't get it's act together. I know where I'm going. Israel. I'd rather fight for them than my own Nation if the USA keeps going down it's liberal candy arse route that we're on now.

Back