The LAV IN DESERT STORM

That is true about the patrols. Are main goal was to recon a location observe and report. The LAV 25 that we used for this was very effective and gave us great firepower over the local fighter of the region.

Oh, thanks for this information, as a patrol for me means an unit whose job is to drive from one point to another and to come back, just to check that the road aint closed or to be already on the field if something happens...

A bit like the police in our countries, you see them every few hours when there is trouble, as they try to show themselves...

I couldnt place this behavior in a situation where the enemies are waiting for an angle/a chance to destroy you...

It may sound obvious for you guys, but as we dont know how things work, we react like this, everytime I hear that a "patrol" was hit and that X soldiers were wounded or killed... I just ask myself "what the hell are they patrolling with their light humvees in this hell hole?"

Thanks for clarification guys.

Oh, thanks for this information, as a patrol for me means an unit whose job is to drive from one point to another and to come back, just to check that the road aint closed or to be already on the field if something happens...

A bit like the police in our countries, you see them every few hours when there is trouble, as they try to show themselves...

I couldnt place this behavior in a situation where the enemies are waiting for an angle/a chance to destroy you...

It may sound obvious for you guys, but as we dont know how things work, we react like this, everytime I hear that a "patrol" was hit and that X soldiers were wounded or killed... I just ask myself "what the hell are they patrolling with their light humvees in this hell hole?"

Thanks for clarification guys.

There is also partols to re-supply the FOBs with food and water and everything else. That is why we like the LAVs for is there fast and we can protect the vehicles.

There is not much difference - this is also a reason that you patrol. Just to show people that you're there.

I have to agree the biggest advantage of the LAV is speed. While I was with 2nd LAV/LAI the biggest problem for the drivers aboard Camp LeJeune was speeding (cannot see the speedometer while driving).

Back