Latvian Army

Supostat

I will share some pics from Latvian army and National Guard (or Zemessardze, as it is called in native) here.

Original camo of Latvian Armed Forces (nicknamed `LATPAT` although it is not its original name) adopted in September 2006:
img_0015_005.jpg
img_0255.jpg

Latvian soldiers in Afghanistan, August 2007:
1k.jpg

5k.jpg

6k.jpg

9k.jpg

I see that they adopted the H&K G36 rifle but instead of that factory sighting system they have AimPoint Comp 3s on it has it's sighting system.

I wonder how those LADPAT BDUs are. The uniform cut seems pretty good. The first set of photos that camo has way to much white in it but that desert camo seems much better then even the US Army ACU pattern.

In the end, I think you standard National Guardsman is one well equip and bad ass soldier.

I wonder how those LADPAT BDUs are. The uniform cut seems pretty good. The first set of photos that camo has way to much white in it but that desert camo seems much better then even the US Army ACU pattern.
In fact it should be same camo pattern in ALL pictures. However, the very first images are from presentation of new uniform, so maybe it is so white because it was too new at the moment, while in other images it already had taken some use. However, the later uniforms could have slightly modified color set to fit the `desert environment` even better.
5.56X45mm said:
In the end, I think you standard National Guardsman is one well equip and bad ass soldier.

On other hand - there are not very many Latvian soldiers (the active force is ~2 battalions), and standard uniform for National Guard still is US BDU `Woodland` (I will continue with images and You will see); only full-time servicemen (officers and some instructors) of National Guard have LATPAT.

the photos are very interresting.

your clothes look like american fight clothes (i don't know the good words but i hope your understand me :smile:)

Back