The latest new guy...

camulos

Greetings, folks!! Obviously I am the 'new' guy.

I am prior service in the California Army National Guard. I served in the Guard from 12/89 to 06/94 at HHT 1/18th Cav in Ontario, California. My MOS was 63-B (glorified position, no? :lol: )

I did my BCT and AIT at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO

BCT assignment was B/4/10, AIT was C Co. 58th Trans Bn. I did OSUD from 26 June 1990 to 7 December 1990.

I am now re-enlisted. My re-entry date is 19 Sept 2005. I got, and still am, bored with civillian life, and may want to transfer to active duty. I am still a 63-B. I may change that, too...
I am 34 years old, married for the second time (and TRUST me, I learned MANY valuable lessons the firt time around!! :shock: ) I am the father of a handsome son (looks just like his daddy) and two beautiful daughters. I am the step-dad of three beautiful daughters. Yes, you counted correctly: SIX kids, all under 16, currently... :shock:

I am a Christian man, and a family man. I love to study Biblical prophecy, and have a thing for religious and doctrinal debate. I love to get involved in them, and I am not about debasing people. I have about 28 years of studying God's word, and I do not claim to know it all, but I'm getting there... :shock: :lol: 8)

Anyway, I am not real good with self-introductions, so that's about all I can think of to tell about myself. I do better with Q&A sessions.

So anyway, Hello!

Doody said:
welcome to the forums camulos

Here is a Q&A for ya. What is the meaning of life? :D

Is your query meant for you to attain a direct answer, or would it be more correct stated as: 'Why are we here?' :D

Or the 'Clinton' perspective: That depends on what your definition of 'is' is... :lol:

Wow... I've not been here for a while...

Welcome back, me!!

I have a question:

I have a request to transfer to Regular Army from the National Guard...

Anyone have any ideas on how to expidite it once it goes beyond my unit commander?

Well, first of all welcome back. I think that question might be better of asked in the "Military Service Members Only" forum. But once it's gone beyond your C.O., all you can do is keep in contact with your unit's clerks. I've found that they'll always have the best handle on the status of any request. You could also ask your 1SG to track it for you but I think that in the NG the clerks are there 5 days a week and will probably be where your top will go for info anyway.

DTop said:
Well, first of all welcome back. I think that question might be better of asked in the "Military Service Members Only" forum. But once it's gone beyond your C.O., all you can do is keep in contact with your unit's clerks. I've found that they'll always have the best handle on the status of any request. You could also ask your 1SG to track it for you but I think that in the NG the clerks are there 5 days a week and will probably be where your top will go for info anyway.

Thank you, DTOP, for the 411... I was also told that there is a possibility of tracking it through the last individual that had it, finding out who has it now, then calling to 'find out who they sent it to'. From there, if 'the next guy' says he/she never got it, go down a level and 'urge it forward'...

Sounds too much like a PITA to me... :confused:

Back