Latest Australian Defence Force Pics 05/08/07

Nothing like that in the Australian Army. After every deployment a platoon makes up a movie with video footage and photo's of the deployment, most end up on youtube and the like. The heirachy only get pissed when photo's show guys just screwing around, ie - balaclava's on acting gangster with 9mm, or dressing someone up in middle eastern dress and pointing weapons at him. Especially after a digger was killed in Iraq, shooting himself in the head stuffing around with his pistol.

Secrecy is everything in South Korea.
Keeps the enemy guessing and confused.
But I don't know what difference it'll make since the country is just swarming with spies.

In South Korea this would technically be a clear violation of OPSEC.
Only a very few sanctioned photos are allowed.
I remember being educated about our OPSEC rules. It was truly impossible to take a photo other than having a photo of you and only you taken against the backdrop of a blank wall. Usually they are lenient and allow you to take photos but under the condition that you never post them on the internet or give them away to friends or family.

Afghanistan & East Timor is not South Korea mate, take a breath.

If on an operation and a member has their own camera they are required to surrender any footage/images to their OC/CO/boss to have them vetted, once they are cleared the member is free to place them on the internet or send them to family.

Never happens, and if it does you have a dummy card.

In South Korea this would technically be a clear violation of OPSEC.
Only a very few sanctioned photos are allowed.
I remember being educated about our OPSEC rules. It was truly impossible to take a photo other than having a photo of you and only you taken against the backdrop of a blank wall. Usually they are lenient and allow you to take photos but under the condition that you never post them on the internet or give them away to friends or family.

Nah mate, nothing like that. We've got official PR corps photographers as well as unit photographers who's photos are all vetted. Also just about everybody has digital cameras etc these days. Unless you photograph certain things just about anything is allowed.

For your own piece of mind though, you'll find all the photos I post at www.defence.gov.au in the media galleries.

20081107_adf%208269111_4705_lo.jpg

Gunners from the 3rd Brigade's 4th Field Regiment in Townsville fire the British designed, Australian made L1 18 Howlitzer at the High Range Training facility during Exercise Long Guns 2008.

20081107_adf%208269111_4747%20Sized_lo.jpg

Gunners of the 161st Battery of the New Zealand Defence Force during Exercise Long Guns 2008.

20081107_adf%208269111_4897a_lo.jpg

From left Gunner Kiel Goodman 21, Gunner Matthew Farrell 21, and Gunner Rohan McCaig 20 of the 8/12th Medium Regiment based in Darwin preparing to fire a gun.

Back