Last Stand In Iraq?

--

March 7th, 2005  
Fix bayonets

Topic: Last Stand In Iraq?

The question is; Will there be a proper last stand in Iraq by 'insurgent' forces or by coalition forces? (by way of proper I mean everybody killed on one side) Before long I think there will be as the 'insurgents' are very fanatical. What do you think?
March 7th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

I think they will stay with the guerilla warfare tactics and IEDs.
March 7th, 2005  
Big_Z

Their last stand would consist of a couple dozen cars packed with tnt.
--
March 7th, 2005  
Whispering Death

No, I don't think so at all. I'm pretty sure the insurgentcy will last for at least another decade and will just eventually dissolve one or two or five terrorists at a time.
March 7th, 2005  
Charge 7

Army's have "last stands". Insurgents do not.
March 7th, 2005  
Kilgore

Maybe a bit of a Tet Offensive could happen? Then again, These insurgents are made up of different groups and have different ideals. Not only do these insurgents fight coalition troops but they fight each other as well.
March 7th, 2005  
03USMC

TET relied heavily on Regular NVA formations to augment VC Main Force Formations. And hinged on a popular uprising that never happened. The current situation does not have that formula.
March 8th, 2005  
Darcia

I doubt the USA army would have a last stand agianst the insurgents,however the insurgents will probably remain like the Neo-Nazi's in Europe,they may not show up very often however you know they are there.
March 8th, 2005  
Kilgore

That is certainly true, but im just pulling this out of the hat. The insurgency is not as strong as the Viet Cong and does not have strong outside support.

The coalition certainly wont have a last stand.
March 8th, 2005  
The Other Guy

This will blow over eventually, and probably end the same way that the "outside agitators" did in 'nam.