--

April 14th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Topic: Re: Last Stand In Iraq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fix bayonets
The question is; Will there be a proper last stand in Iraq by 'insurgent' forces or by coalition forces? (by way of proper I mean everybody killed on one side) Before long I think there will be as the 'insurgents' are very fanatical. What do you think?
It's a self-sustaining situation. In the modern world of Islam, every wack job you kill becomes a martyr (for no explainable reason) and this pushes 3-4 new people over the edge they were already very close to. And off they go into the world of Muslim fanaticism, where they will happily murder people for the glory of a God (Alah) that never asked them to murder to begin with and will damn them for eternity for it.

Ain't it fun?
Oh very.
June 11th, 2005  
Bory

the problem with fight a war on terror is, if you do hunt down every terrorist cell existing now, more will be created. All it takes is a bunch of brainwashed morons with a bit of training in blowing up cars, shooting rifles etc, and some one with a very dangerous mindset who plans these attacks, and you have a terrorist cell.
I really think the purpose of this war is to destory as many terrorists as humanly possible, and paralyze what groups that weren't destroyed so they cannot do anything to dangerous. Terrorisim will exist forever, it can though be very dangerous to oneself to become on, such as terrorists hunted in every nation on earth, no training camps that aren't attacked, no assests that aren't seized, no support from any religoius groups nothing. We may not be able to get rid of them completly but we can stop them from being as much of a threat as they are now.
September 29th, 2005  
youngCAPcadet

There isn't a way to end these attacks. Let's just face it, there is NO way to end terrorism. Ever heard this, you can kill the people, but you can't kill an idea.
--
October 1st, 2005  
Missileer

If we give up and leave them to their own devices, then the terrorists of today become the leaders of tomorrow. Best stop the thing now before tomorrow comes and it's impossible to stop.
October 4th, 2005  
Italian Guy

I think this could help: The best analysis of the Iraq situation I have read in weeks or months.

http://www.aei.org/publications/pubI...pub_detail.asp
October 4th, 2005  
Kevin

I don't think there will be a last stand. These cowards over in Iraq will probably just keep recruiting people to blow themselves up.
October 4th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
I think this could help: The best analysis of the Iraq situation I have read in weeks or months.

http://www.aei.org/publications/pubI...pub_detail.asp
Good article IG. At least it was upbeat in the conclusion. I already see the Iraqi military becoming more proficient with all the US and Allied training. Fortunately the best forces in the present day world are spread across the Country establishing training camps. I just hope the coalition holds.
November 25th, 2005  
FULLMETALJACKET

I also believe they will stay with the Guerrilla warfare, but when the time comes who knows, they could pull out something drastic, i guess we will wait and see.
November 25th, 2005  
Rabs

I think the best thing for us is for them to pull someone darastic. Get em out in the open, lots more of em to kill.
November 25th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Yeah, Rabs, too bad they figured it out.

Every time they mass we just blow them away. If you look at any major engagemnet by Iraqi forces it's been an overwhelming American victory.

You can shoot at some thin-skinned humvees but the second the Abrams and the Cobra gunships show up... it's time to meet your maker. An RPG isn't going to put a dent in that.