Last Best Hope

tetvet

Banned
This Country Tis of The is the last best hope for the free world if we go down the tube it all goes down the tube , this is a heavy burden very heavy maybe too heavy this is the time for the greatest generation the greatest leadership , this Country is on the verge of collapse morally mentally financially , we have to hold it together because WE ARE the last best hope . :stupid:

This Country Tis of The is the last best hope for the free world if we go down the tube it all goes down the tube , this is a heavy burden very heavy maybe too heavy this is the time for the greatest generation the greatest leadership , this Country is on the verge of collapse morally mentally financially , we have to hold it together because WE ARE the last best hope . :stupid:

There are other major players: western Europe, Japan, etc. militarily we do supply the bulk of the forces for most policing and rescue actions. Most countries don't have the available hardware, #'s of men and technology to match the capabilities of the US. I'e.: Aircraft carriers, nuclear submarines, numbers of fighters and bombers, missile systems, advanced battle field electronics, AV's. I don't know if I would go as far to say we are the last hope. But I would say we are the largest single military world power, with a lot of seasoned highly experienced soldiers, Delta, Marine Corps, Rangers, Airborne the list goes on and on.

I

This is why a good portion of the rest of the world can't stand the USA right now...including a good portion of our allies, because many Americans have your attitude that the world revolves around the USA. It doesn't and you should get over your "Leave it to Beaver" ideations of what America is and isn't.

Yes, it wll take a "great" generation (ironically the very generation you seem to despise so much) to get us out of the absolute mess the baby boomers got us into. No thanks to you.

Most of America's "allies" in Europe have disarmed! They are maintaining token military forces. When there is an international operation to be conducted they contribute an engineer company here, a field hospital there, an SF platoon, no significant boots - on -the-ground combat forces. Of course, it's great for their economies, not having to support expensive military establishments. Just join NATO and the Yanks will do the heavy lifting.
Well, the Russian Bear is getting a little pissed off at having NATO bases right on his doorstep and one of these days he might do something about it! So if the nations of Europe or any other continent get tired of American influence, they know what price they will have to pay to get rid of it.

The Greatest Generation I refer to is generation present todays generation has to put humpty dumpty back together again maybe an impossible task but it HAS to be done .

Most of America's "allies" in Europe have disarmed! They are maintaining token military forces. When there is an international operation to be conducted they contribute an engineer company here, a field hospital there, an SF platoon, no significant boots - on -the-ground combat forces. Of course, it's great for their economies, not having to support expensive military establishments. Just join NATO and the Yanks will do the heavy lifting.
Well, the Russian Bear is getting a little pissed off at having NATO bases right on his doorstep and one of these days he might do something about it! So if the nations of Europe or any other continent get tired of American influence, they know what price they will have to pay to get rid of it.
For you are surely the greatest nation in the World.
My own country has paid dearly for the support we have provided in the fight against terror.

Yes, you are pulling the load - granted, but we do what we can and manage to do. So stop your self-centeredness, we are on the same side.

Europeans have a different view on war.
We have far more experience with the consequences and you can still see the scars in almost all European countries. Therefore, we are careful about what we participate in.

In response to Kesse81, I Don't think it is fair to describe Americans as self - centered given the sacrifices of Americans both in war and peace to assist many nations of the world, especially European nations, starting with the Marshall Plan, contributions to NATO, staring down the Soviets for fifty years, not to mention America's contribution in two world wars.
Most European nations have abolished conscription in favor of an all- volunteer force, except they are having a hard time getting any volunteers. So, you can get rid of the overbearing Americans quite easily. All you have to do is to be willing to pay more taxes, provide manpower for meaningful military forces, and step up when there is a threat to security.
Until then, while Americans are picking up the check, we will remain "self-centered".

Clueless on that reply did I knock on that generation or the present generation and why did you reply at all ???? ,

Clueless on that reply did I knock on that generation or the present generation and why did you reply at all ???? ,

Both, actually. Well I'm just curious as to how a generation can be the last hope, when you knock that same generation?

The greatest generation gave us 40 years of bad road in the cold war that's a given the present generation has given us the democrats , Obama , ACA , illegal immigration , gay rights , political correctness , Ferguson NJ and Lindsey Lohan , its time I suppose to get real .

Gay rights? Illegal immigration? You're kidding, right? I know realize how truly ignorant you are. Good day sir, I will not continue this conversation.

I didn't know we were having a conversation though I knew you would hit on gay rights that's why I threw it in , gays are Americans and what rights should they have that they don't already have , marriage is a privilege just like a drivers license you need to qualified for and pay for , there is nothing in the constitution that mention marriage and what's not covered in the constitution is up to the individual states , everybody knows that .

The greatest generation gave us 40 years of bad road in the cold war that's a given the present generation has given us the democrats , Obama , ACA , illegal immigration , gay rights , political correctness , Ferguson NJ and Lindsey Lohan , its time I suppose to get real .

p.s. Ferguson is in Missouri

p.p.s. what were they, fake times? All times are just that. Times. Let us see what your marvelous politicians are not going to do for the greater good.

In response to Kesse81, I Don't think it is fair to describe Americans as self - centered given the sacrifices of Americans both in war and peace to assist many nations of the world, especially European nations, starting with the Marshall Plan,
I appreciate the sacrifices these soldiers have given.
But I'm tired of hearing the same song old from Americans
"If it was not for us, Europe would be speaking German today"

contributions to NATO, staring down the Soviets for fifty years
What you probably do not know is that Denmark has played a major role in the electronic war during the Cold War. The Warsaw Pact was right on our doorstep. East Germany was only half an hour away by boat.

not to mention America's contribution in two world wars.
We are grateful. But you did not do it of your own free will. You were drawn into it.

Most European nations have abolished conscription in favor of an all- volunteer force, except they are having a hard time getting any volunteers.
Many have transformed their armed forces, yes!
But it is not true that there is a shortage of applicants. In Denmark you have to wait about 1.5 years to get into the Army.

So, you can get rid of the overbearing Americans quite easily. All you have to do is to be willing to pay more taxes, provide manpower for meaningful military forces, and step up when there is a threat to security.
These are some of the missions Denmark has been and is currently involved in.

Active Endavour (Mediterranean) AFOR (Albania) ALBA (Albania) Desert Storm (Iraq) Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan) Herrick (Afghanistan) IFOR and SFOR (Bosnia) Iraqi Freedom (Iraq) ISAF (Afghanistan) KFOR (Kosovo)
MINURCAT (Chad) MINURSO (Western Sahara) MONUC (Congo) Ocean Shield (Indian Ocean) Odyssey (Dawn Libya) ONUC (Congo) Serval (Mali)Sharp Guard (Adriatic) Task Force 150 and 151 (Horn of Africa)Task Force Harvest (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) UNAMI (Iraq ) UNAMIS (Sudan) UNAMSIL (Sierra Leone) UNCRO (Croatia) UNEF I (Sinai and Gaza)UNFICYP (Cyprus) UNGCI (Northern Iraq) UNGOMAP (Afghanistan) UNIFIL (Lebanon) UNIIMOG (Iraq and Iran) UNIKOM (Iraq and Kuwait) UNIPOM (Pakistan and India) UNMAET, UNTAET and UNMISET (Timor Leste) UNMEE (Ethiopia and Eritrea) UNMIK (Kosovo) UNMIN (Nepal) UNMOGIP (Kashmir)UNMOT (Tajikistan) UNOGIL (Lebanon) UNOMIG (Georgia) UNPREDEP (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) UNPROFOR (Croatia, Bosnia and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) UNSMIS (Syria) UNTAG(Namibia) UNYOM (Yemen)

Is that stepping up enough for you?

Until then, while Americans are picking up the check, we will remain "self-centered".
Europe has paid it´s share, at least with blood the last few years. Including many of my mates.

Last edited:
Germany maintains a viable military force and their economic stability is the best in Euro zone , watch out for a 4th Reich .

Remington makes some good points In his 1st sentence. I agree with this comment. We are in a position to do more because we have the worlds most powerful military and economy. It seems politics and economics play a role. Example humanitarian disasters have continued for decades in the Sudan and the Congo and the US and others have done little to abate these modern day genocides. Yet we are assisting the fight against ISIS "barely" who is most defiantly in need of being wiped out. But lets face it is this solely due to the fact that it's an humanitarian crisis "which it most defiantly is" or is that they are an instability in the oil rich middle east make a bit of a difference.

Back