Laser guided bullet

Marksman

I have seen that americans are developing a laser guided bullet for AT purpose for BARRET model 50.CAL,know anything about it?

Sounds like somebody mixed something up.
Think it is highly unlikely.

I haven't picked up on anything but I would sure be interested in the guidance system since I have designed a few in my career.

Think a .50 (12.7 mm) is a bit too small for a guided system and the cost/use relation will make it unrealistic even if it works.

yeah i think i saw this before!!! i believe it is code named the ZF1! but it isn't due to be released til 2259! if you have any questions rent "The Fifth Element"! he he he

http://www.chez.com/stupid/element/

http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=500&sound=19

Mr. Zorg: The ZF1! It's light, handles adjustable for easy carrying. Good for both righties and lefties. Breaks down into four parts, undetectable by x-ray. Ideal for quick, discreet interventions. A word on firepower. Titanium recharger. 3,000 round clip with bursts of 3 to 300. With a replay button, another Zorg invention, its even easier. One shot (Zorg shoots) and replay sends every following shot to the same location. (Zorg shoots at them and the mangalores draw their weapons) And to finish the job, all Zorg oldies but goldies. Rocket launcher. Arrow launcher with explosive poisonous gas heads. Our famous net launcher. The always efficient flame thrower. My favorite. And for the grand finale, the all new ice cube system.

EOD said:
Think a .50 (12.7 mm) is a bit too small for a guided system and the cost/use relation will make it unrealistic even if it works.

I agree. That bullet would be only waste of money, works or not. I don't think that would never pay itself back and how that guidance system could be fit in the bullet? It may could have done with nano technology wich only makes it more expensive and total failure as investment.

Oh yeah, that is in development. The idea is a stabalizing device like that on smart bombs would be placed on the back of a .50 cal bullet so it would adjust its flight path like a bomb does to hit the target.

Now it can't make sharp turns or anything like in hollywood or computer games, but in theory it would hit precisely where you wanted it to go regardless of wind and would be particularly effective against moving targets. Again, think about how a smart bomb works.

I have no clue if it is feasable or not but it's been in development since the late 90s I believe.

Back