Language barrier

I was riding my BMW bike to work one day from the A127 to the A13 via the M25. As usual the M25 was like a massive car park, nothing was moving, so I rode quite slowly along the hard shoulder until I saw blue lights at the A13 junction about half a mile away, I pulled back into the stream of traffic. Behind me were half a dozen or so cars on the hard shoulder, they couldn't move into the stream of traffic so they drove on to the junction, only to be pulled over by plod. I trickled out onto the hard shoulder again and past the drivers being nicked, one driver pointed at me and shouted to the woman plod, "WHY DON'T YOU NICK HIM???" to which she replied, "COS I'M NICKING YOU!!"

I just think we need an M-2 Browning fitted to the front, or a grenade launcher!

Nah, want you want is a serious bull bar front and rear. A woman wrecked her own car on my bull bar and I wasn't even in the motor, I was parked.

I did chuckle.:rock::mrgreen:

I remember them days back in Germany, the locals would drive their car in to a ditch so the didn't hold you up

Germans are so orderly. When I went over there, people actually waited until the light was green to cross the street--even if there were no cars in sight.

I jay walked and everyone looked at me like I was insane.

Germans are so orderly. When I went over there, people actually waited until the light was green to cross the street--even if there were no cars in sight.

I jay walked and everyone looked at me like I was insane.

I had the exact same experience.
A German I was with said "you must wait for the signal!"
But nothings coming! I pointed out.
"Ah, but something might come by!"
German logic!

When I was in Germany I saw a young fella (obviously a tourist) throw a paper bag into the street, a copper shouted "HALT!" Everyone stopped in their tracks, the cop ran up to the tourist, grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and frog marched him to the paper bag, told him to pick it up and then frog marched him to the rubbish bin, then the young tourist got a good old telling off. It was bloody brilliant!:bravo:

Last edited:
Back