Lack of sleep and power tools......

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
DSC01624.jpg

DSC01621.jpg

Friend came over earlier today.... said he wanted to mount a rifle rack to his truck in a way that folks can't see it.... I haven't slept in the last 36 hours.... so of course I grab my tools and start thinking how can I mount it....

Thus it was a good project. Oh look..... sleep.

Will that seat fold back up with the AK where it is?

Yup..... It works. Hence why I built it.

I'm designing a mount for the FN P90 as I type this..... I just need to get my paperwork in from BATFE so I can lop off that excess barrel and get the measurements for the mount. As for where I will mount the P90.... thinking right under the front of the truck seat. Easily within reach and useful in the cab of the truck.

Last edited:
Your truck's definetly way cleaner than mine, lol...I guess not having kiddo's might have something to do with that...:wink: Oh, and the rack is pretty awsome... :)

Your truck's definetly way cleaner than mine, lol...I guess not having kiddo's might have something to do with that...:wink: Oh, and the rack is pretty awsome... :)

Not my truck.... my friend's... mine is littered with old gun part catalogs, spent shell casings, and smoe strange growth that eats lost children.

Are you going to line the hooks with some heavy foam or something to stop the firearms moving about?

The Truck seat keeps it from moving....

Thats a nice AK but why is he travelling loaded and with the safety on semi auto?

It's a Semi-Auto only rifle....

Is that some kind of Klingon Melee weapon??

Yes.... he was bored at the machine shop and made one of those Klingon Battle Axe doohickeys.

Not my truck.... my friend's... mine is littered with old gun part catalogs, spent shell casings, and smoe strange growth that eats lost children.

LOL, does it now???? Maybe I should send my kiddo's your way, whenever they misbehave, and don't wanna eat their "Arroz with Gandules", lol.

Which is why you travel unloaded and on safe. Florida aint gaza.

It's Florida.... we have the right to bear arms and carry them in a manner that makes them ready for use. A round in the chamber and the safety engaged is the way I carry my firearms along with the many other citizenry and police officers....

You're right... Florida isn't Gaza but there are a number of Highway Robberies in which people are killed by gangs.....

Not all of Florida is a major metropolitan center.... after Palm Beach County Florida is rural and farmland..... When I lived in Jefferson County FL, the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office had a total of 12 deputies on hand.... That's 4 officers per eight hour shift.... Jefferson County FL is a total area of 637 sq mi (1,650 km²) and has a population of 14,490 people.... It takes up to thirty minutes for Law Enforcement to arrive for a call of service....

On the ten acres I lived on...... My nearest neighbor was a mile and a half away. I lived so far off in the middle of no where that I couldn't even get a cell phone signal.

We don't rely on other folks for safety.....

If switiching the saftey from auto to semi takes you alot of time you should switch weapons or go practice. It takesa very short time to switch the AK selector and **** the weapon. the chance the weapon will be cocked if the saftey is not engages is far higher than the chance you will be robbed.

You know i am pro-guns. But saftey should be maintianed and carrying a loaded AK with the selector not in "safe" is not smart. Just my honest opinion, I guess we can agree to disagree. I had a similar atrgument with an american who told me he carries his pistol with a round chambered.

Back