Kucinich presents Bush impeachment articles

Chief Bones

Forums Grumpy Old Man
{even though the Democratic leadership has said they could NOT/ would NOT support it - that it had zero chance of passing}

Kucinich is at it again. Failing to get a Bill of Impeachment passed against Vice President D. Cheney, he has now set his sights on President GW Bush .....

Actual resolution: http://yellowcakewalk.net/articles_of_impeachment_bush.pdf

Article I
Creating a Secret Propaganda Campaign to Manufacture a False Case for War Against Iraq.
Article II
Falsely, Systematically, and with Criminal Intent Conflating the Attacks of September 11, 2001, With
Misrepresentation of Iraq as a Security Threat as Part of Fraudulent Justification for a War of
Aggression.
Article III
Misleading the American People and Members of Congress to Believe Iraq Possessed Weapons of
Mass Destruction, to Manufacture a False Case for War.
Article IV
Misleading the American People and Members of Congress to Believe Iraq Posed an Imminent Threat
to the United States.
Article V
Illegally Misspending Funds to Secretly Begin a War of Aggression.
Article VI
Invading Iraq in Violation of the Requirements of HJRes114.
Article VII
Invading Iraq Absent a Declaration of War.
Article VIII
Invading Iraq, A Sovereign Nation, in Violation of the UN Charter.
Article IX
Failing to Provide Troops With Body Armor and Vehicle Armor
Article X
Falsifying Accounts of US Troop Deaths and Injuries for Political Purposes
Article XI
Establishment of Permanent U.S. Military Bases in Iraq
Article XII
Initiating a War Against Iraq for Control of That Nation's Natural Resources
Article XIIII
Creating a Secret Task Force to Develop Energy and Military Policies With Respect to Iraq and Other
Countries
Article XIV
Misprision of a Felony, Misuse and Exposure of Classified Information And Obstruction of Justice in
the Matter of Valerie Plame Wilson, Clandestine Agent of the Central Intelligence Agency
Article XV
Providing Immunity from Prosecution for Criminal Contractors in Iraq
Article XVI
Reckless Misspending and Waste of U.S. Tax Dollars in Connection With Iraq and US Contractors
Article XVII
Illegal Detention: Detaining Indefinitely And Without Charge Persons Both U.S. Citizens and Foreign
Captives
Article XVIII
Torture: Secretly Authorizing, and Encouraging the Use of Torture Against Captives in Afghanistan,
Iraq, and Other Places, as a Matter of Official Policy
Article XIX
Rendition: Kidnapping People and Taking Them Against Their Will to "Black Sites" Located in Other
Nations, Including Nations Known to Practice Torture
Article XX
Imprisoning Children
Article XXI
Misleading Congress and the American People About Threats from Iran, and Supporting Terrorist
Organizations Within Iran, With the Goal of Overthrowing the Iranian Government
Article XXII
Creating Secret Laws
Article XXIII
Violation of the Posse Comitatus Act
Article XXIV
Spying on American Citizens, Without a Court-Ordered Warrant, in Violation of the Law and the
Fourth Amendment
Article XXV
Directing Telecommunications Companies to Create an Illegal and Unconstitutional Database of the
Private Telephone Numbers and Emails of American Citizens
Article XXVI
Announcing the Intent to Violate Laws with Signing Statements
Article XXVII
Failing to Comply with Congressional Subpoenas and Instructing Former Employees Not to Comply
Article XXVIII
Tampering with Free and Fair Elections, Corruption of the Administration of Justice
Article XXIX
Conspiracy to Violate the Voting Rights Act of 1965
Article XXX
Misleading Congress and the American People in an Attempt to Destroy Medicare
Article XXXI
Katrina: Failure to Plan for the Predicted Disaster of Hurricane Katrina, Failure to Respond to a Civil
Emergency
Article XXXII
Misleading Congress and the American People, Systematically Undermining Efforts to Address Global
Climate Change
Article XXXIII
Repeatedly Ignored and Failed to Respond to High Level Intelligence Warnings of Planned Terrorist
Attacks in the US, Prior to 911.
Article XXXIV
Obstruction of the Investigation into the Attacks of September 11, 2001
Article XXXV
Endangering the Health of 911 First Responders

Last edited:
Can I ask why bother?

Whether we like Bush or hate him he is gone in 6 months never to return, isn't it better to save the money on expensive and pointless investigations and throw a bloody great party when its over?

Can I ask why bother?

Whether we like Bush or hate him he is gone in 6 months never to return, isn't it better to save the money on expensive and pointless investigations and throw a bloody great party when its over?

Its for the principle, we cannot tolerate a president with such a blatent disregard for the law, the other branches of government as well as the constitution.

But the real guilty are people like Pelosi and Harry Reid who were two spineless in pushing the legislation through. By NOT doing their jobs them have sent a single to the next quasi-dictator which is "we wont get in your way".

What terrible leadership...

Last edited by a moderator:
Principle is great but even if Kucinich gets all the support he needs to do this what is his best possible outcome?

I am sorry but at this stage in the proceedings its not going to be worth the money spent no matter what the outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem being, that if nothing is done, it is as good as an admission that no one cares, and that future Presidents can do similar or worse.

"You're damned if you do and damned if you don't".

Every single one of those looks like a wishful thinking charge anyway on his part. Their is plenty for him to worry about in his own party rather then fabricating nonsense. Let's say for example, the fact that Nancy Pelosi promised to lower gas prices a year ago when they were at $2.50 a gallon.

Every single one of those looks like a wishful thinking charge anyway on his part. Their is plenty for him to worry about in his own party rather then fabricating nonsense. Let's say for example, the fact that Nancy Pelosi promised to lower gas prices a year ago when they were at $2.50 a gallon.
Do remember that when Bush was informed that economists thought Gas could reach $4 his response was' "Really?" followed by a chuckle. This after the tax on oil companies had been shot down in Congress...

Of course, but this doesn't indicate the President didn't think they would get up that high as they have been up in the high 3 dollar and change mark. I have no idea what he was thinking, maybe you do I don't know.
With that said, I do like President Bush but this doesn't mean he is perfect, he's made some mistakes and some are pretty embarrassing. Col. Hunt talked it about one of the mistakes and made some really good points with what he said. Even with that though, I think President Bush has done a damned good job with the cards he's been dealt since he took office, for the most part.

The tax on oil companies wouldn't work. They would just do the same thing with the reason we are in this position currently. They would jack up the prices more to where the taxes they had to pay would be on top of the price that it is now to where they are making the same profit. OPEC jacked these prices to $4.00 now, one of the main reasons is because of the weak dollar, it takes more dollars for them to get the value they used to get when the prices were lower. Weakening dollar, mainly because of the interest rates being lowered so much and bailing out irresponsible borrowers and lenders.

Last edited:
I pay little attention to US politics, not because it's not important, but because I have no say in it.

However reading through the list I would say that there is at least prima facie evidence to support most of these accusations. Pretty sad, for a President.

This in itself demonstrates a enormous breach of trust for the US voters.

prima facie ay? I am thinking more like false accusations from a prima donna.

Well, I know I'm only an ignorant foreigner, being that we don't get world news here in Australia, but I see no evidence to back your statement, whereas there is plenty of evidence that would lead one to believe that the statements in the attempted impeachment are at first glance, correct.

I must admit I feel that Kucinich has all the chance of success, of a snowball in hell. But that's not because the statements are false, merely that he will get no support because other politicians (of all persuasions) might find themselves in the same position one day.

Good ole George, this man is truly something else. At the very least he should sack his speech writer.
"A lower voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls"
"More and more of our imports come from overseas"

If their was any chance of any of this nonsense being factual, their would be plenty of folks, from all parties, going after them on these charges, They are not factual. Additionally, if it was even close to being factual, again, which it is not, the President and the Vice President would not be the only two targets. If you don't get world news, how do you know enough to be able to make a determination at all? Just by listening to folks that hate the accused?

Good ole George, this man is truly something else. At the very least he should sack his speech writer.
"A lower voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls"
"More and more of our imports come from overseas"

Yeah - but dontcha think he's kinda cute? When he's gone, will there be a space where he used to be? Answers on a postcard, please.

BTW - I never knew before that Australia does not get world news; good job that I try to keep you informed then; I have been slacking lately. Must improve.

(Aiki Rooster -my apologies for interrupting your serious post -conversation. I should have come back another time. Sorry about that.)

Last edited:
Yeah - but dontcha think he's kinda cute? When he's gone, will there be a space where he used to be?
It'd be quite cute if he was the Lieutenant Governor of Iowa. But he's the president of my country, which ruins the cute factor and makes it a bit embarrasing.

Just by listening to folks that hate the accused?

That's a pretty lame excuse by any standard. "You're picking on him"

As a non US citizen I have no real interest in US poiltics and don't take sides. But that does not blind me to the fact that these accusations have a lot of supporting evidence in the world press. Surely not every news agency in the free world hates George Bush? If they do, why do they hate him.

There's an old saying. "Where there's smoke, there's usually fire"

He's a politician of course he'll have people who dislike him, the trouble being that no one can, or tries to disprove these accusations to the public. News services such as Reuters and AAP are accepted as being reliable sources of world news. Yes,.. they have been given incorrect information on occasions, but when discovered they make a retraction. This is not the case as yet with much of (maybe all) the information being discussed in this accusation. (There are several accusations that I am not familiar with)

Talking of reliable sources, your previous posts on this forum being as abrasively one sided as they are, would seriously discredit any chance of your own views being seen as being "reliable" on matters such as this. Whereas at least I can say that I have, "on occasions" supported the policies of the Bush administration.

No, I'm not saying that he's evil, but there's no denying that he's certainly breached the trust of the people as a person of high office.

Back