Kucinich brings charges against Dick Cheney ... - Page 3




 
--
Kucinich brings charges against Dick Cheney ...
 
April 25th, 2007  
MontyB
 
 
Kucinich brings charges against Dick Cheney ...
Sorry to interupt the BD, P80 comedy act but:

So what would be the point in impeaching the guy being a politician he is built of teflon so nothing will stick and being a right wing republican he will wrap himself in the flag and call it security.
On the whole I think it is rather a bad move for the democrats to support this action as others have pointed out keeping them in office for the full term is probably more beneficial for the democrats that removing them.

The other thing I have wonder is whats the point 1.5 years out from the end of their term anyway?
April 25th, 2007  
Marinerhodes
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Sorry to interupt the BD, P80 comedy act but:

So what would be the point in impeaching the guy being a politician he is built of teflon so nothing will stick and being a right wing republican he will wrap himself in the flag and call it security.
On the whole I think it is rather a bad move for the democrats to support this action as others have pointed out keeping them in office for the full term is probably more beneficial for the democrats that removing them.

The other thing I have wonder is whats the point 1.5 years out from the end of their term anyway?
Kind of what I was wondering. . . perhaps it is "The Principle Of The Matter" ?
April 25th, 2007  
mmarsh
 
 
MarinerRhodes

Thats the way I feel. Some crimes are just so terrible that even if it doesn't have a chance of getting a conviction, its still the principle.

What does it say about our society if we allow politicians to fabricate evidence in order to justify a wars?
--
Kucinich brings charges against Dick Cheney ...
April 25th, 2007  
Donkey
 
 
They can even impeach a president after his term is up...The point is they no longer get Secret Service protection, they don't get a library, they don't still get paid, they don't get a lot of things...

However I see this forum is brimming with intellectuals...

People are funny and in the end it is the same result, we are all ****ed!

Thanks for playing have a nice day
April 26th, 2007  
Chief Bones
 
 

Topic: A breath of fresh air.


Pelosi (along with other Democrats), stated they would NOT support HR 333.

Kucinich has steadfastly accused GW and DC of lying to the American public as to the reason for the Iraqi invasion ... as far as HR 333, Kucinich at least has the gonads to place it on the line instead of just flapping his gums - refreshing for a politician.

It is definitely a breath of fresh air.
April 26th, 2007  
mmarsh
 
 
It Irritates me Pelosi isn't supporting HR 333. Recapturing the White House is important, but so is holding people to account. So far this charade in Iraq has cost 3674 US lives, countless Iraqi lives, over 20000 wounded, almost $2 Trillion and the only one who seems to be winning anything are Iran, Islamic groups like al-Qaeda, and Hezbollah, and war-profiteers like Halliburton.
April 26th, 2007  
Marinerhodes
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
MarinerRhodes

Thats the way I feel. Some crimes are just so terrible that even if it doesn't have a chance of getting a conviction, its still the principal.

What does it say about our society if we allow politicians to fabricate evidence in order to justify a wars?
Ahh...well my statement was somewhat tongue in cheek. Afterall. . . elections are coming up.

Anyone stop to think they may have started the mudslinging early to catch any presidential hopefuls in the crossfire or by association? Thereby limiting the playing field of suitable candidates. Which would make the choice of "the lesser of two evils" easy to make.

With politics being what it is I do not doubt it. Even those of you that dislike the POTUS and Vice-POTUS have to admit this is one possible reason why they would do it now instead of 1 - 2 years ago.

Afterall what are they going to do to him? Take away his secret service and fringe benefits? He comes from big money...I doubt he cares about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
It Irritates me Pelosi isn't supporting HR 333. Recapturing the White House is important, but so is holding people to account. So far this charade in Iraq has cost 3674 US lives, countless Iraqi lives, over 20000 wounded, almost $2 Trillion and the only one who seems to be winning anything are Iran, Islamic groups like al-Qaeda, and Hezbollah, and war-profiteers like Halliburton.
Exactly...the only ones who seem to be winning...What about your average Iraqi citizen? Children over there? Women? So on and so forth.

There is no one in this entire world that can tell me we have done absolutely no good over there and have me believe it. So we do win, we win everyday in ways that your average person can not see or refuses to see. Let us not get started on this topic.

Edited the Mods Edit: Wasn't meant to be a back to back post. Was a post in reference to a post I saw after I answered a previous post. . . . I think that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTop
They were still back to back. Problem? PM me.
April 26th, 2007  
bulldogg
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
MarinerRhodes

Thats the way I feel. Some crimes are just so terrible that even if it doesn't have a chance of getting a conviction, its still the principal.
Blaming principals now for the crimes of students??

April 26th, 2007  
Donkey
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
It Irritates me Pelosi isn't supporting HR 333. Recapturing the White House is important, but so is holding people to account. So far this charade in Iraq has cost 3674 US lives, countless Iraqi lives, over 20000 wounded, almost $2 Trillion and the only one who seems to be winning anything are Iran, Islamic groups like al-Qaeda, and Hezbollah, and war-profiteers like Halliburton.
You sir are a jackass

Did you know, who knew, all about Iraq
April 26th, 2007  
mmarsh
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey

Simply laughable. He is quoting the DOD's version on how 'wonderful' things are in Iraq. I mean we all know the 'honesty' the DOD is capable of, just ask Jessica Lynch or Pat Tillmans family. They will tell you all about how 'credible' the DOD is.

Reading that list reminds me of listening to Nikita Krushchev description of what a wonderful place the Soviet Union was during the 'Kitchen Debates' in the 1960's.

But that lovely piece of NEOCON propaganda (no doubt written by Donald Rumsfeld) but it does remind me of this:




But getting back to your statement that I am a Jackass, maybe I am. But only a true jackass would quote a source without checking to see how BIAS THEY ARE!

I guess it takes one to know one right? Welcome to the Club, JACKASS!
 


Similar Topics
Man Leads Chase, Claims He's Dick Cheney
Cheney: U.S. Prefers Diplomacy, But Has Military Option On Iran
Cheney Remark Rankles Pelosi
Dick Cheney is a 'bloodthirsty beast' -- N.K ;)
Will The Republican Party run Dick Cheney for President?