Korean War

webs

when do u think tha Korean war will start up again and do u guy's think we are preapared? My uncle was in the Korean war and he said winter was hell, do we have proper gear for the winter battle?

N. Korea would be stopped by Sotuh Korea, China wouldn't risk being cut off from the west, and thus wouldnt support N. Korea overtly.

webs said:
Japan has like no military, but i thought things with china and us were ok?

japan does have a fairly large military, 200+ f-15s, aegis destroyers, modern equipment! Its just purely defensive.

I dunno bout the 2nd part

I believe South Korea has a better military then North. They have western training and equipment. The only thing NK has is 11,000+ artillery pieces aimed at SK capitol.

Who? Those are pretty high numbers i doubt even American has that many airborne and SF troops.

proteinxx said:
The following might sound crazy----what about if SK suddenly want to ally with China, they can suddenly work together to get rid of NK before NK are aware of it. In that case, US will lose the whole Korea. But soon later, the SK+NK can be so strong and get rid of the control of China......
I think its possible but its a very messy scenario. South Korea was have to suddenly break numerous ties to the West and to the US before I think China will go for it. Also, I think China is happy with the way things are. No US ally borders them and N Korea is like a buffer zone for them.

N.Korea is very dangerous, those guys are very nationalistic or crazy (or brave). N.Koreans simply hate JP and USA, read their history books, then you know why.

S.Korea is NO match against N.Korea, N.Korea will crush Seoel in days, those N.Korea troops are awesome, no fear for death, and they have 2 millions soldiers and more reserves.

I believe N.Korea has nukes and advanced ballistic missiles, they even sell to Iran to make bucks.

China has trouble with N.Korea but it can be called little problems btw brothers, China will support N.Korea if war breaks out (if N.Korea is attacked by USA) I think.

S.Korea is NO match against N.Korea, N.Korea will crush Seoel in days, those N.Korea troops are awesome, no fear for death, and they have 2 millions soldiers and more reserves.

Links? The Sotuh Korean have better technology, It will not be a route, unless their are those In South Korea who deliberatly sabotage the defense.

I doubt the second korean war will ever begin. The only way I could see war once again is if it involves WW3. It would just be apart of a greater battle, not it's own thing.

But anyways, I fail to see N. Korea's power other than nuclear weapons.... all their equipment is terribly old, they don't seem to be modernizeing it, either. Their soldiers, while dedicated, I don't believe they have the uh....... physical finesse now seen in today's armies. Now, I think the north has a extremely good chance of keeping N. Korea together in a defensive battle, that entire nation is so nationalistic you'd have to kill everyone to take it- but going offensive in the south? No, they might be able to push in a ways, and obliterate the capital. But no more, they could never reunite korea by military force and under the red star.

The truly sad thing is, South Korea would be more than happy to embrace and reunite as equals. North Korea can only accept reunification by bloody conquest and their own complete domination of both north and south. I'd say that's pretty sad.

GuyontheRight said:

Links? The Sotuh Korean have better technology, It will not be a route, unless their are those In South Korea who deliberatly sabotage the defense.

Search Google, there is comparison of N/S Korea's military.

Just think about this:
If S.Korea can kick azz of N.Korea, S.Korea would not have USA troops stationed in their country to PROTECT them from N.Koreans, because NONE of Koreans likes Americans.

Second, think about Korea War, Chinese troops had much worse weapons than American troops, yet we won the war (we pushed Americans half Korea back to 38 line, that's win).

So weapons is not the only one which counts, war has many factors.

Yes, China did win in terms of keeping North Korea alive, as did the US with the south. I like to think of it as a tie, because if one side won, then we wouldn't have two korea's.

Also, the Chinese never intended to stop at the 38th parallel, nor did they. Nope, they overshot it and were pushed back to it. The Korean War ended almost exactly where it began. Now if that's not a tie, what is?

Back