Korean War period question

rock45

During the Korean War when Chinese forces were directly fighting US forces did any Chinese forces outside Korea in that time period, ever fire on US forces? Thanks

They fought US forces directly in the Korean peninsular. They caused the famous Chosin Resivoir march by taking the UN forces totally by surprise.
Also, the Chinese fought agianst US fighter jets who ended up violating Chinese air space.

The fighting in the Korean peninsular of course I knew about but the US aircraft violating Chinese air space is interesting. I assume dog fights took place in Chinese territory I wonder if China set Mig traps? Our fighters had to be on the end of there ranges while there's close to their bases.

What looking for is did any other Chinese forces fire on American forces elsewhere besides Korea during that time. For example did a American war ships and a Chinese war ship pass each other off China's coast or near Japan and fire at one another? Situations like that I can't seem find anything in my searches.

I don't believe either North Korea or China had much of a navy at all. That's why at the end of the war, all the islands belonged to the UN forces. Because it was impractical to own all those lands, the vast majority were returned.

At that time,we have little warship(maybe for you, it is not warship,just a fisher with guns). It is not necessary for you to send warship to China's coast. You deputy in Taiwan would like to do everything for you.

That would make sense keep the Russians in Chinese air space less chance of getting caught.

It would seem to me that if two countries are lock in war I can't see how it wouldn't spill over to other areas if the two cross paths? Maybe nothing happen and I'm clutching for straws here.

deputy in Taiwan
Not being Chinese I wouldn't know if breaking away from the mainland government was good or bad for the average Chinese person during that time period. I assume that depends on which side you were fighting for and if that side won.

Actually the MiGs had North Korean air force markings but yes many of these, especially the best ones, were Russian pilots. They flew out of Chinese bases which were thought to be immune to an intentional strike. Just to clear things up a little.

The Chinese fought the Canadians too. They were the ones that charged a small group of the Princess Patricia's Light Infantry and got their buts whooped.

The Chinese fought the Canadians too. They were the ones that charged a small group of the Princess Patricia's Light Infantry and got their buts whooped.

Totally, PPCLI fought alongside 3RAR as part of 27 British Commonwealth Brigade, who formed the point for US 8th Army, while they were waiting for the rest of the Canadian Brigade to become battle-ready....

Back