Korean Soldiers - Page 2

--

March 7th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion

i wanna see more of those Panmunjom truce village DMZ pictures with the soldiers staring at each other , an amazing border , you got any ?
Just google it. You'll find PLENTY.

By the way, National Geographic did a brilliant article on this Divided Korea issue I think in 2002. As always, superb stuff from them. If your local library has a copy of it, check it out. You'll learn a lot.
March 8th, 2005  
lumberjack

is that true there are incidents of armed confronation even in this area too?
March 8th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Yup.
Skirmishes used to happen on a regular basis during hte 50's and 60's.
--
March 8th, 2005  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
The 2nd ID USA used to patrol along the Imjin River. The also had a course that qualified soliders to receive an Imjin Scout Patch. I used to work with a guy that had one he was there circa 86-87.
There is also a challenge coin...
March 9th, 2005  
Doc.S

Interesting guys, well I found out a North Korean propaganda movie when surfing the www. Why did I look for it? Well several of our leftwing teachers (majority of big city teachers) was mentioned in a documentary with pictures and statements a couple of months ago. This ppl is teachers that today gives our young kid`s their education in history and other elements in our public schools.

Well ppl ask themselfe in other parts of the world why sweeds and other european young ppl are as hostile as they are towards U.S foreign policys. I think with teachers that visit North Korea and watch this kind of parades and applaud them and their leaders can have something to do with the hostile feelings towards the american ppl and president George Bush? Well watch and see for yourselfe.

I am glad that I didnt have this kind of teachers in school that seems to worship communist military fascist dictatorship regime`s. The first part of the movie is the one where leftwing teachers still working in our public schools was watching from honour seets, not in picture though but they are there somewhere.

LINK:

http://www.6park.com/bolun2/messages/73888.html

Last boy scout
Doc.S
March 9th, 2005  
A Can of Man

It's so interesting now because the lines have been erased. The enemy is everywhere and anywhere hiding amongst friends and family.

Even here in South Korea, North Korean agents could be anywhere. They're here, we just don't know who they are.

Our topic is Korean soldiers..
I'll know more than I need to about that in a few months
March 9th, 2005  
Xion

Here's the direct link to that clip which DoC.s posted -

http://www.ksyss.edu.hk/~kwng/dprk/video1/k_title.asf

Thanks for posting, great video.
March 9th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Thanks for the link!
March 10th, 2005  
Boobies

Topic: Hehehe...

Doc S. link also contains some Chinese comments on the march. Boy, I didn't know Chinses people have such distaste towards Kim. They are making fun of him, his dad, and his army. Oh my!
March 10th, 2005  
MadeInChina

well he had to go and erase the memory of chinese help in korea, which pissed off alot of people