KOKODA, the movie

I saw it the other day. Not a bad movie, but it could be a lot better.
The way it was presented, it could have been any battle in New Guinea, or anywhere in a jungle for that matter, because it had a lot more to do with the diggers survival then with the story of Kokoda and Isurava,

And from a High School Actors perspective, I don't feel the characters were developed as much as they could be, but thats just me.

I walked the Kokoda Track in '92 it was an amazing trip... words fail me trying to describe it. There is still plenty of debris around the place and on the track, weapon pits etc etc.

I have also just finished reading "A Bastard of a Place" by Peter Brune. A very good read that covers both the troop and formation tactics/history of Kokoda, Milne Bay, Gona, Buna and Sanananda. In short the Papua Campaign.

It also covers the political machinations of two very high profile egos at the time…..neither came out smelling of roses.

sorry for not replying, guys. Don't know when its coiming out in the USA, when I do, I'll lets you staright away

Okay guys, Kokoda has come out on DVD here in Australia, but I haven't heard anything about its US Release, so keep an eye open for it, sorry I can't be more helpful guys

Back